Scotland v Republic of Ireland

Lyle Lanley

Steven Paysmith is clearly the acceptable face of Rangers fans. He abuses Neil Lennon as a wee boy AND he repeatedly used the word Sevco in an interview. He encapsulates the only thing that's positive about the old firm (utter contempt for Celtic and Rangers) and I for one commend him for it.

Yer clearly trolling..

Can you please be extremely specific on what it is you don't like about James McLean?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was an ROI fan, I'd have been raging at O'Neill for them losing last night as them switching to one up front (Walters!) allowed us to get more of a foothold when, to be fair, they'd given us a couple of nervy moments in the second half.

However, no doubt in my mind we deserved to win. There was only one team trying to play football, while the other were relying on high balls and physical strength. While I concede Hanley could've been sent off in the first half, some of the tackles coming in from Irish players (Hendrick particularly) were absolutely terrible and typical of an O'Neill team.

We played some good football at times and the goal. My word. I was about to question why we were taking it short and BOOM. Wee Maloney has been terrific in this campaign so far but Mulgrew, Robertson and Anya were particularly excellent for me last night.

McGeady looked like the crowd was getting to him in the first half to the point I thought he was going to lose it. His performance has been exactly like he's been for Everton - finds a man with 1 cross out of every 10, and generally flatters to deceive. Pleasing.

Was bloody torture for the last 15 minutes though - not celebrated a Scotland goal in a home game (Germany and Poland x 2 were absolutely mad) as much as that for a long time. Great night.

I think it was Ian Wright rather than Neil Lennon that he had a go at when he was a Killie ballboy?

The picture I saw was Naismith in the stand as a wee kid, shouting at Neil Lennon. Legendary wee c**t.

ETA: I'm more Irish than Nicola. 8)

Still supported Scotland though. Good for me.

Edited by Guest

If people think George Galloway had it bad, spare a thought for hardline Rainjours fans last night.

The feeling they must've had watching their two most hated nations battling it out (whilst Norn Iron pleasingly lost) is how I imagine it'd feel to watch a celebrity golf match between Jimmy Saville and Fred West, except one of them's your dad.

The picture I saw was Naismith in the stand as a wee kid, shouting at Neil Lennon. Legendary wee c**t.

Must have been another incident. I was delighted when he left Rangers so I could like him again.

I was born in Scotland but my dad is Irish, my heritage is Irish and my heart is Irish. I'm no someone who talks shite about Scotland & I genuinely hope they do well but I'm Irish & have always supported Ireland my whole life.

I probably wasnae too dissimilar that night. :lol::guns

GIRFUY.

Cow. 8)

I was born in Scotland but my dad is Irish, my heritage is Irish and my heart is Irish. I'm no someone who talks shite about Scotland & I genuinely hope they do well but I'm Irish & have always supported Ireland my whole life.

They also could have moved for fees and refrained from pathetic, insensitive wee press conferences..

q9HfWWc.jpg

Edited by Quitongo's Left Peg

Aye. Like you know who your dad is.

Steven Paysmith is clearly the acceptable face of Rangers fans. He abuses Neil Lennon as a wee boy AND he repeatedly used the word Sevco in an interview. He encapsulates the only thing that's positive about the old firm (utter contempt for Celtic and Rangers) and I for one commend him for it.

Can you please be extremely specific on what it is you don't like about James McLean?

His face, specifically the beard.

His opinions on the poppy, specifically his pathetic "our people" line. I always question when people are so keen to mark theirselves as different. British people are clearly not "his people" - divisive wee fella, i don't differentiate between the Irish and the British, we're all just humans at the end of the day, is this an acknowledgement Mr McLean values Irish lives higher than British lives?

His spoilt brat attitude, specifically his mouthing off on Twitter, posting pro IRA music and his driving ban whilst speeding whilst also not actually having a license. I personally absolutely abhor reckless driving.

What do you guys consider good/decent about him? Be very specific...

His opinions on the poppy, specifically his pathetic "our people" line. I always question when people are so keen to mark theirselves as different. British people are clearly not "his people" - divisive wee fella, i don't differentiate between the Irish and the British, we're all just humans at the end of the day, is this an acknowledgement Mr McLean values Irish lives higher than British lives?

His spoilt brat attitude, specifically his mouthing off on Twitter, posting pro IRA music and his driving ban whilst speeding whilst also not actually having a license. I personally absolutely abhor reckless driving.

So if you dislike the poppy as a symbol you don't value British lives? Absolute nonsense.

Busy couple of days being at Scotland game and at Easter Road today.

First comment on the game. Thought we deserved to win with Robertson, Maloney, Marshall and Naismith all excellent.

That said Mulgrew was MOTM by an absolute mile for me. Absolutely unruffled by the frenzy going on, kept possession superbly and always looked to be positive. Never really been a big fan but he was outstanding last night.

"My heritage is Irish"

FFS!

So you're not Irish, thanks for clearing that one up.

Born and bred Scottish but feels irish :lol:

Are you 2 Mr & Mrs Scotland or something? Why are you hurting so much? It really doesnae bother me even the tiniest bit if you dinnae understand soooooo… :unsure:

LinkinFighter, aye I was born in Scotland but I wasnae bred Scottish like you say. I was born into an Irish family & raised Irish, always have been. I’m no unique, there are thousands of others like me. My wean was born in England but do you really think theres any chance of him supporting England when he grows up or being English? Is there f**k!

Alright are you really now?? It’s no a competition ye know. :lol: You wanting an Irish off or something?! ;)

GIRFUY.

Cow. 8)

Its always nice to meet my fan club. -_-

You coulda saved yourself a lot of typing by just being honest & crying HE DOESNAE WEAR A POPPY!!!! :rolleyes: Even though he gave an explanation about why he doesnae wear it when he really didnae have to.

LinkinFighter, aye I was born in Scotland but I wasnae bred Scottish like you say. I was born into an Irish family & raised Irish, always have been. I’m no unique, there are thousands of others like me. My wean was born in England but do you really think theres any chance of him supporting England when he grows up or being English? Is there f**k!

You're a parent?! My word.