Celtic v Killie

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be my first trip to Celtic since 1979.

1-1 Scottish Cup

1-0 thanks to Big D in the replay.

Got cuffed 4-1 by Rangers next round right enough. Didn't go to that one.

Never been to Greyskull, wonder if I ever will!

Wrote a preview on this match if anyone wants to have a look;

http://lochlinhighet.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/43/

One or two things.

Also, if Kilmarnock set out to ‘play for the draw’ I can see them losing the match. Johnston should be confident enough with the – so far – impressive defence of Kilmarnock, so he should focus on perhaps defending slightly more and working on the counter attack of the team.

Whilst I agree that playing on the counter might be the way we go (rightly or wrongly) do you not feel that "playing for the draw' is pretty much the same as playing on the counter? The whole point of which being that you sit in and hope to have a breakaway opportunity, but if it never truly materialises you still have the point to fall back on?

Leaving Eremenko out of the squad last week seemed a strange decision.

He was injured.

One or two things.

Whilst I agree that playing on the counter might be the way we go (rightly or wrongly) do you not feel that "playing for the draw' is pretty much the same as playing on the counter? The whole point of which being that you sit in and hope to have a breakaway opportunity, but if it never truly materialises you still have the point to fall back on?

He was injured.

Face enough on the first point I may not have put across what I meant. Also, I didn't know eremenko was injured I was under the impression that he was rested for a niggle.

Alan Johnston will be disappointed if high flying Killie don't claim at least a point against this mid-table dross.

post-1545-0-24463500-1414235416.gif

Cometh the hour, cometh the man. It'll be nice to see a genuine Irishman at Parkhead stick the boot into the Phlastics. Speaking of which if Jamie Hamil could boot the feck out of Scott Brown and VVD that would be muchly appreciated V

Archived