Dundee vs Accies

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In spit of what Murder McLeod said on the radio post-match, I think we deserved that. Accies maybe shaded the first half and Curier really should have scored, but I can't remember any genuine moments of danger in the second and we could easily have scored another two.

There's something very satisfying about being the team that popped the Hamilton bubble.

Willie Miller basically said two minutes later that Murdo was talking shite. As usual.

Anyone see McBride spitting the dummy a bit when getting subbed? Didn't have him down as the type.

Aye I was surprised by that too although at least it shows his desire to be playing.

I reckon he's keen to stake a place in the team with ferry being injured and Thompson not being 100%.

I reckon though that he'll end up with plenty game time through the season as he'll be needed when the permacrocks break after a couple of games.

Seems to be a consistent performer and much improved under Hartley than brown.

Well, that was nice ! Surprised when McBride came off, thought Harkins should have been the boy to come off but no matter :-)

McBride offered nothing at all, he hid in the midfield today. He's a defensive midfielder who can't tackle, says it all really. Glad Thomson is back

A bit disappointed to see Alex Neil say that the best team didn't win. I don't like sore losers. The hamilton fans have been more realistic.

For what it's worth, I thought it was pretty even in the first half with Curier's shot the best chance for the red hoops. Dundee pressed and hamilton did a lot of lateral movement but not as much penetration behind to cause much trouble.

I thought that we were much more incisive in the second period with two cracking finishes.

Best for the Dee were McGinn, irvine, McPake, McGowan, clarkson and Stewart.

A good strike partnership developing.

I enjoyed the game, and was delighted at the result, given that the wind was gusty and strong.

Onwards and upwards.

Anyone see McBride spitting the dummy a bit when getting subbed? Didn't have him down as the type.

Hartley wasn't happy with his performance, you saw him having a wee go at him and McBride turned away shaking his head, next thing he's subbed and Hartley blanked him. That subby changed the game

A bit disappointed to see Alex Neil say that the best team didn't win. I don't like sore losers. The hamilton fans have been more realistic.

For what it's worth, I thought it was pretty even in the first half with Curier's shot the best chance for the red hoops. Dundee pressed and hamilton did a lot of lateral movement but not as much penetration behind to cause much trouble.

I thought that we were much more incisive in the second period with two cracking finishes.

Best for the Dee were McGinn, irvine, McPake, McGowan, clarkson and Stewart.

A good strike partnership developing.

I enjoyed the game, and was delighted at the result, given that the wind was gusty and strong.

Onwards and upwards.

f**k Alex Neil.

McBride offered nothing at all, he hid in the midfield today. He's a defensive midfielder who can't tackle, says it all really. Glad Thomson is back

This. I didn't see what he was doing today. He wasn't helping the attack or defence.

There wasn't much between the sides, but the Dees won because we took our chances. Thought Accies huffed and puffed without looking like scoring, apart from a brief spell just before half time.

In my opinion McGowan was excellent, and two good finishes for the goals.

I think you're being a bit harsh there mate, he put that (cynical) tackle in that got him the yellow when everyone else was standing off and letting the boy dance through them. Sometimes you need a player who's prepared to do that, I don't think his tackling is that bad as a rule generally tbh.

I saw him have a wee strop when he was subbed and I don't blame him, I was surprised it was him (I know he was on a yellow) and as has been said, it shows he cares, no one bats an eyelid when McGowan throws a strop so I didn't have an issue with McBride showing a bit of passion for being subbed.

chomp my root, on 25 Oct 2014 - 18:41, said:

I think you're being a bit harsh there mate, he put that (cynical) tackle in that got him the yellow when everyone else was standing off and letting the boy dance through them. Sometimes you need a player who's prepared to do that, I don't think his tackling is that bad as a rule generally tbh.

I saw him have a wee strop when he was subbed and I don't blame him, I was surprised it was him (I know he was on a yellow) and as has been said, it shows he cares, no one bats an eyelid when McGowan throws a strop so I didn't have an issue with McBride showing a bit of passion for being subbed.

You said earlier you thought it should have been Harkins that had been subbed. Harkins is the type of player that does nothing all game then sets up two goals in 4 minutes. ;) Personally thought McBride let the midfield battle bypass him and he wasn't the greatest today, deserved to be subbed. Saying that, thought McBride was exceptional at Motherwell and has a role to play.

Archived