Jefferies Must Go Thread

Williamson was fucking rampant. Made a c**t of County's left back (and keeper with his cross that somehow ended up in the net). County switched their full backs at half time and Williamson made a c**t of the other one.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies for the earlier post, but strong, but it really annoys me when the potential answer to fixing our scoring and play is right under our noses.

What does this guy need to do? He was singled out by Neil McCann before the Rangers match last season on TV and Falkirk fans were raving about him in the Cup Game yet he doesn't feature. I agree that he might not be the best defender but is Millen any better?

Millen doesn't defend he just shirks responsibility and doesn't get forward either, both ways it's just not effective.

Before the game on Saturday I noticed Greg Fleming kicking the ball out wide to Chris Smith. He did this for about five minutes and was doing it well. It was obviously tactical but at the time I wondered. In the second half I noticed Stenny put a big guy out wide where Millen was. Kickout, header won every time without even a challenge and ball into a dangerous area. Millen was targeted as a weak point.

If he is so good at defending this seems strange?

I still maintain Millen is a better defender, and he's more consistent than Williamson as well, on top of that he's our best player for taking set pieces, so if you take him out the team then you need to think about that.

That doesn't mean he should start automatically over williamson tho, When ryan is on form he should be starting, especially against teams lower down the table, when he doesn't start i think we have been slow to bring him on when things aren't going well and we need to inject a bit more creativity into the team.

I don't see the problem with bringing williamson out the team when he isn't at his best tho, or if we are playing tougher opposition.

As i've said before i feel a lot of the negativity towards millen is simply because he's not williamson and since some have decided Williamson is the Messiah then they criticise millen automatically rather than judge him on his own merits.

Our team looks unbalanced with millen and if he does get the ball simply looks to get rid asap. Resulting in a backpass to centre half or a deep cross that is easy to defend. Look at the falkirk game ryan changed the flow of the game. Falkirk fans were raving about him. Its a no brainer. Ryan every week please.

I don't see the problem with bringing williamson out the team when he isn't at his best tho, or if we are playing tougher opposition.

What? You'd drop him when we play better teams? Why? Or do you mean physically tougher teams? But again why would you drop him in that situation?

What? You'd drop him when we play better teams? Why? Or do you mean physically tougher teams? But again why would you drop him in that situation?

When we are playing better opposition then we can expect to defend more, therefore it makes sense to play the better defender of the two.

So we should be looking to draw those games and not win them?

No, but better sides are more likely to attack us, therefore if we defend well there will be more space for our midfielders and forwards to exploit, putting less need to have a particularly attack minded full back. Teams lower down the division are more likely to sit in, therefore a someone like Williamson may be more required to come from defence and create chances.

We are the favourites, it's up to us to take the game to them. Teams just now sit back and watch us play stupid meaningless balls back and forward between the 'keeper and the defenders and then catch us on the break.

If we had two attacking full backs it creates all sorts of new options and opens up the space. Also if you get to the byeline it means defenders are on the back foot.

Look and England's third goal against Scotland, maybe tell them that they shouldn't play attacking full backs. Oh and Scotland's goal too.

Just two examples from one game without even thinking about it too much.

Archived