Jefferies Must Go Thread

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing post match on FB or COWS (comments, articles etc). Might be because it's a mid-week match and late at night but hopefully it's a sign of something going on in the background a la his sacking.

Nothing post match on FB or COWS (comments, articles etc). Might be because it's a mid-week match and late at night but hopefully it's a sign of something going on in the background a la his sacking.

It's normally 3-4 hours before anything is posted post-match, nothing unusual tonight, don't read too much into everything.

Maybe those Dunfermline fans who reside in Cowdenbeath should wake up and start coming and support their local team rather than watching a team getting beat alot in the seaside league.

Funny how football changes.

No disrespect but I think Dunfermline are in real trouble if they don't get promotion this year.

Maybe those Dunfermline fans who reside in Cowdenbeath should wake up and start coming and support their local team rather than watching a team getting beat alot in the seaside league.

Funny how football changes.

No disrespect but I think Dunfermline are in real trouble if they don't get promotion this year.

I'd rather finish off my old man than watch football at central park on a semi regular basis.

And why would that be? Is it because of the stadium etc

I would rather follow my local team knowing it is being run for the best interests of the football club and not run by people seeking to line their own pockets with their fans money.

We may have an old grandstand stadium but not as bad as having a huge premiership style stadium lying more than half empty.That cant be a good business model whilst being in the lower leagues over the next couple of years can it?

And why would that be? Is it because of the stadium etc

If the pars had went bust I was going to go along to Cowden to give it a try. Tbh it's a terrible stadium to watch football in but would have given it a go.

With the greatest of respect even with our current plight we should still be aiming to be at a level slightly above you guys at the very worst.

It's not arrogant or delusional, our crowd on Saturday was still bigger than the rest of our league combined. Add to that players that tbh Cowden would probably play in their first team. Yes even wee Josh.

Take away Stewart and Hemmings and we would have probably got a result in the playoffs. We are just so unprofessional and disorganised. The opposite of what Cowden were in the two games. I still believe we have the players to win the league quite comfortably but it's now maybe gone beyond turning it around and several players have lost form and just look lost in general. Key injuries at the wrong times didn't help too. Both playoff games we had all recognised strikers out of action and relied on youngsters or wingers. We even tried a centre half upfront.

Swap JJ for the stranraer manager and we would be ten points clear IMHO.

If the pars had went bust I was going to go along to Cowden to give it a try. Tbh it's a terrible stadium to watch football in but would have given it a go.

With the greatest of respect even with our current plight we should still be aiming to be at a level slightly above you guys at the very worst.

It's not arrogant or delusional, our crowd on Saturday was still bigger than the rest of our league combined. Add to that players that tbh Cowden would probably play in their first team. Yes even wee Josh.

Take away Stewart and Hemmings and we would have probably got a result in the playoffs. We are just so unprofessional and disorganised. The opposite of what Cowden were in the two games. I still believe we have the players to win the league quite comfortably but it's now maybe gone beyond turning it around and several players have lost form and just look lost in general. Key injuries at the wrong times didn't help too. Both playoff games we had all recognised strikers out of action and relied on youngsters or wingers. We even tried a centre half upfront.

Swap JJ for the stranraer manager and we would be ten points clear IMHO.

I admire your honesty and any new fans to Cowdenbeath are always welcome.

I myself have only followed Cowdenbeath for three and a half years after I seen the light.Now I am of the opinion that if everyone followed their local team then Scottish football would be at a better place.

Noticed that's now 15 games Stranraer have went without defeat (last defeat agaisnt ourselves, incidentally). What a job Aitken is doing down there with surely the most limited budget in the league? Would take him in a heartbeat but we'll no doubt leave it and he'll get a gig at Morton.

JJ comments, from tonight below.

It's just the same tired old stuff.

Stop making mistakes, we are full time they are part time. Why are we the ones who keep making mistakes?

Take our chances. Same as above.

I think he's lost it tbh. He has no clue other than shouting at people. A total dinosaur of a manager and not the right man for the players or the club.

- - Listen to this Jim Jefferies interview

Jim Jefferies was well aware that the incentive for getting through the Fourth Round replay was a last sixteen place against Dundee United. The Premierships management team of Jackie McNamara, Darren Jackson and Simon Donnelly watched from the stand but it will be Stranraer that they will be facing in February. The Pars manager discussed the cup exit after the match:-

"After a decent start I thought we sat off them a wee bit and allowed them to get some possession. From that possession they turned and scored a really good goal.

"That set us back but I thought we started the second half well. We had got in about them at half time and told them that they had to pick up their game and show more desire to win a cup tie. They did that but the second Stranraer was just a joke, a terrible defensive goal to lose. We misplaced the header and when it went out wide, before Whittle could get there was a cross into the box.

"Looking at the two centre halves with just one man in the box with nobody near him. It was an easy goal from their point of view. After that it was always going to be difficult. When we got a goal back we thought it could maybe be the reverse of the game down there.

"They were 2-0 up and we got a goal back with plenty time to go. We showed a lot of effort, huffed and puffed a bit but in that spell we had one or two great chances with headers that we put over the bar. You have got to take these chances.

"As the game wore on it was just about throwing everybody forward to try and get an equaliser but they caught us at the end to kill the game. Good luck to them, they are through.

"We have missed a big chance to go through and help the club with the incentives there. We felt we were better than them down there but it was taken away from us. Maybe it was written that they were going to go through.

"Our priority is the league; we have them here a week on Saturday so we have to got to win this Saturday and then when we come back here we have to show them what we are made of.

"The only way that we can make up for being out the cup is winning this league. That has always been the priority and that is what we will focus on and do now. We need to pick ourselves up and get on a run in the league.

"We had a good result on Saturday against Ayr and the momentum is there for us now. That is the only way we can make up for it. Cup ties you are either through or you are not. We thought we were there when we played them in the first game.

"We thought that we were favourites coming into this game but we have to perform better than we did tonight. There was plenty of effort but not enough guile, not enough final ball and when we did hit them on the break, they were exposed. We had two or three chances that we fluffed.

"You have to go and kill teams off, be clinical. To be honest we have been in the last two league games and down there as well. We need to pick ourselves up and roll our sleeves up."

Noticed that's now 15 games Stranraer have went without defeat (last defeat agaisnt ourselves, incidentally). What a job Aitken is doing down there with surely the most limited budget in the league? Would take him in a heartbeat but we'll no doubt leave it and he'll get a gig at Morton.

Stranraer impressed me last season too, in theory JJ could walk away and I'm sure Aitken would bite your hand off for the same wage.

Would like to see potter involved but tbh McCann needs to go. It's no use commentating then turning up at half time.

Let potter stay at the very least to work with youngsters and aid the handover process. Wouldn't blame him if he wanted to leave though.

Archived