The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

8am and already 30°. Are there any bushfires close to you Eednud?

Yes about 60 kms north and reports confirm 2 dead. Part of the fire front is/was near Barossa Valley. It was windy as f**k yesterday and mid 30's. Today it's 14.2 with a forecast high of 20. Still windy though.

Ecstatic. However, Im on my 5th coffee which could have something to do with it.

Anyway, when naming these "storms", I nominate Fatty-tights for F.

You'll have to rename it Men's Fatty-tights http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-24/research-showing-danger-of-female-named-storms-worth-considering/6968122

Flew home from Bristol earlier today. Hell of a flight. The take-off was bumpy but once we were up at a decent altitude it settled down. The approach into Glasgow was horrific. It started off just a bit bumpy, getting progressively worse until it felt like we dropped about 20 feet before ascending again. The wind was too bad for a safe landing so the pilot had to circle a bit until it settled down enough to make a second approach, where we managed to touch down even though we were drifting sideways a bit. I've never been so bloody scared of a flight in my life!

Flew home from Bristol earlier today. Hell of a flight. The take-off was bumpy but once we were up at a decent altitude it settled down. The approach into Glasgow was horrific. It started off just a bit bumpy, getting progressively worse until it felt like we dropped about 20 feet before ascending again. The wind was too bad for a safe landing so the pilot had to circle a bit until it settled down enough to make a second approach, where we managed to touch down even though we were drifting sideways a bit. I've never been so bloody scared of a flight in my life!

I've got flights to Benbecula, Sumburgh and Kirkwall in the next couple of weeks - all in wee planes. Not looking forward to it.

I know a girl who was on that flight as well.

What an amazing story.

I've got flights to Benbecula, Sumburgh and Kirkwall in the next couple of weeks - all in wee planes. Not looking forward to it.

I've never been remotely scared of flying - I actually quite like it - but that was bloody terrifying. Wee planes are even worse. Good luck with that! :D

Looks like whipped in gusts up to 70mph on Friday / Friday night. If the Met Office uprate this to a storm, it will be named 'Desmond'

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&regionName=st&fcTime=1449187200

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/surface-pressure/#?tab=surfacePressureColour&fcTime=1449187200