ALLOA VS NEW RANGERS SEMI TIE

Wasps1

and possibly my choice for first prize -

Its alright, they will tire in extra time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant! :lol:

The Alloa players are very fit. They train twice a week together and most of them do their own training and gym work in their own time too. Most are quite diet-conscious as well. Fitness levels haven't been an issue for us ever since Paul Hartley took over three and a half years ago and has in fact probably helped us overcome teams in tight games by our players being able to keep the same level of intensity going into the latter stages of matches. A great example of this was our first leg 3-0 defeat of Dunfermline in the play-offs last year.

The only way that poster you've quoted can be correct is if he was talking about Rangers ;)

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's a personal opinion, not why the bbc ran the story today, nor why they didn't run it last night.

If you want a serious answer, clearly they ran it today because it was big sporting news.

WHY they did not give it even one line last night, when it was also big news - and as you pointed out, they shouldn't have missed it given BBC Alba covered it - who knows. The certainly should have.

To be honest, if it was Alloa v Falkirk in the semi I'd imagine they may well not have mentioned it, and I'd have been pissed off at that.

But Rangers scores are ALWAYS given, and I can only imagine the editor or whoever was responsible for deciding what got mentioned on the sports round up was a Rangers fan in shock.

With such a big/hilarious story though, that could never last - hence the coverage today.

As Sevco have proved how difficult it is to win the Challenge Cup(even with the largest support and budget), I suggest that Falkirk add 4 Stars above their steeple/ball for next season's strip.

(well done Waspies)

They'll have at least one more chance and probably more if they're stil in existance.

BBC Alba televised it live yes.

The point is the news programme was broadcast on BBC1 and AFTER the result was known.

Must be the first time Rangers and Celtic have played a game on the same night, and the news mentions the Celtic score; and ignores the Rangers one... especially when, as you say, the BBC covered it live!

It actually happens all the time and has done since Rangers went to the SFL 3. You see if they do mention our lower league scores someone..probably somebody just like you would be on here saying 'Why they giving you SFL 3 scores now?'

It actually happens all the time and has done since Rangers went to the SFL 3. You see if they do mention our lower league scores someone..probably somebody just like you would be on here saying 'Why they giving you SFL 3 scores now?'

In all fairness, your lot have been a bit of an anomaly since they came into existence. Did the League not decide that there would be a fourth official at all rangers games in D3? Not that it gives an advantage one way or the other, but what exactly was the reasoning?

its a non point either why or why not they chose to run it last night, maybe for the simple reason they didn't have the time to squeeze it in.

i surprised this is at all relevant since most of us knew about it and it was going to be on the news at some point.

It will genuinely have been the case that the fact that the match was happening at all, will have escaped the attention of whoever compiled the sports part of the bulletin. It would not have been mentioned had Rangers strolled to a routine victory either.

No conspiracy I'm afraid - just a thoroughly typical failure from the MSM to recognise the existence of meaningful football outside of the top flight. Usually, an exception is made for Rangers, but on this occasion, it slipped through a particularly porous net.

its a non point either why or why not they chose to run it last night, maybe for the simple reason they didn't have the time to squeeze it in.

i surprised this is at all relevant since most of us knew about it and it was going to be on the news at some point.

The media use sites like this to get their info .......At least the daily Rangers and the Bun do .... they obviously realised with the world record number of posters on this thread that it merited some recognition. It was too late for the BBC on the night, so the next best thing was next day coverage

Keith Jackson opinion piece today that ally should quit, but he did a good job considering his wage budget was less than 30% of turnover.

This guy is apparently sportswriter of the year somewhere!

I just don't see what the fuss is about over Super Ally he's done a great job at Rangers and provided plenty of entertainment in doing so. Is that not a big part of what football is about, entertainment?. Any supporter of another club should take a really good look at themselves if they want The Rangers greatest ever manager out of that job. As for Keith Jackson he's obviously not sitting on the fence here.

In all fairness, your lot have been a bit of an anomaly since they came into existence. Did the League not decide that there would be a fourth official at all rangers games in D3? Not that it gives an advantage one way or the other, but what exactly was the reasoning?

They only had 4th officials for their televised games. That's standard SFA policy - it also applies to the televised Championship games on BBC Alba. They presumably think it looks better for the TV to have someone holding up a board for subs and stoppage time etc.

You can almost taste the salty tears from the fat idiot.

Barry Smith, quite rightly, sees the Dumbarton game as a bigger test than the Ragers :lol::lol: :lol:

What an odious gobshite Derek Johnstone is.

Derek Johnstone slavering like an imbecile there.

The fact is Barry Smith would probably rather have lost the tie than going through to extra time when the chances of them going through would start to heavily decrease. He was happy to take the chance and go for the jugular. Johnstone is an odious man.

Derek Johnstone slavering like an imbecile there.

The fact is Barry Smith would probably rather have lost the tie than going through to extra time when the chances of them going through would start to heavily decrease. He was happy to take the chance and go for the jugular. Johnstone is an odious man.

The man is almost blubbering uncontrollably.

Archived