Where should my son go to Uni? P&B decides.

Romeo

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know of at least three people who are on the bottom grade of the civil service earning 12k a year and are all law graduates so tbh I wouldn't bother going to uni unless I was looking to pump foreign burdz.

Edinburgh and St Andrew's are full of yah tossers, Aberdeen used to have the best Union in Scotland when I was there but it shut down so feck them, Stirling has killer moorhens in that loch that will mug you for your pieces so it looks like Scotland's Capital of Freedom, Dondeh for your lad.

I know of at least three people who are on the bottom grade of the civil service earning 12k a year and are all law graduates so tbh I wouldn't bother going to uni unless I was looking to pump foreign burdz.

I'd say that education for itself is a good thing - pumping foreign burdz is good too, obviously.

If any c**t wants to study history, I say study history. I regret my choice, boring as f**k and has had practically zero influence on getting the job I'm doing now, which I enjoy doing.

Unless you have a very specific plan in mind which involves a certain degree, do something you're interested in, I say.

Why just choose Scottish yoonies, though? I worked in Blantyre (while doing an apprenticeship) for 4 years after school and then went to college in London when I was 21. London was a great place to study and I loved my degree course.

Oh I dunno, probably the £20,000 difference in personal debt for fundamentally the same education.

Anyway, you need to be more specific as to which area of history he's intending to study. If he's interested in modern history where credible researchers have access to tons of documents then he should naturally aim for an institution like Strathclyde, possibly Dundee or Aberdeen too. If he's interested in ancient or medieval history, in which men in full corduroy try and explain what happened, relying entirely on the writings of people who believed in sky-fairies, witches, fairies and all other bullshit as a legit source, then he should go for Glasgow or Edinburgh.

No idea about St Andrews but I'm going to assume that it is rammed full of utter, utter bellends.

Edited by vikingTON

Anyway, you need to be more specific as to which area of history he's intended to study. If he's interested in modern history where credible researchers have access to tons of documents then he should naturally aim for an institution like Strathclyde, possibly Dundee or Aberdeen too. If he's interested in ancient or medieval history, in which men in full corduroy try and explain what happened, relying entirely on the writings of people who believed in sky-fairies, witches, fairies and all other bullshit as a legit source, then he should go for Glasgow or Edinburgh.

No idea about St Andrews but I'm going to assume that it is rammed full of utter, utter bellends.

I still think we're all being a bit hasty by not giving Caley more thought.

A guy I went to school with and who was popular among my group of friends went to St. Andrews. On one of his trips back to see folk he stole money from one of his pals, lied about it, and his parents defended him for it. A complete vortex of arseholery that sucks you in and warps you.