Dundee Utd v BOOOOOOOOO!

Our first goal was down to him. No surprise we looked far better with him in the team going forward. Dillon and Fojut either side of him should help him quite a bit regarding defending.

The second goal too is a product of what he brings. We pass it out of defence, and up to Rankin who plays in Dow. With Morris back there it would have been punted directly, or passed back for Rado to punt it.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first 2 goals conceded last night were players running off of Soutar, the boy needs to learn how to defend. Early last season he seemed to be progressing well but as the season went on he got worse and worse. He has plenty time on his side so hopefully we will see an improvement defensively as he is a different option from our other centrebacks.

I take it you don't have Arabzone. McNamara is clearly delighted (as predicted) to have Souttar back in the team! Me too. We might actually start seeing some football getting played.

Here's a wee bit of news for you; agreeing with McNamara is not a prerequisite of being an Arab. Souttar is primarily a defender, he's not proven that's he's good enough at that.

I agree that the other central defensive options have problems with distribution but there's no merit in highlighting Souttar's positive attributes whilst ignoring his negative ones.

You'd disagree with yourself if it was possible.

Wow. Insightful stuff.

What we are discussing here is Souttar. I remember last week, I stated Souttar would be back in the team quick-sharp, others disagreed. How nasty of me!

Has he done enough to stay in the team for the weekend? Yes, Jackie Mac was clearly far happier with how we played, from the back. If fully fit, he will start tomorrow.

Souttar didn't play particularly badly the other night but I think the reason he played, along with Spittal was to freshen things up rather than make a permanent change in the back four. Morris and Fojut have built up a good partnership and deserve to keep that going. I would like to see Townsend keep his place and Dillon given a chance at right back but given we played 120 the other night I wouldn't be surprised to see Dillon on the left and Watson on the right.

Would like to see Souttar start in a flat back 4 with Dillon and Townsend as FBs.

Tomorrow is a game we should be winning, along with next week we should be expecting 6 points setting us up nicely going into the international break. Given the way we have been playing though it could easily be 0 points.

Still, got to have some optimism so Im going for 3-1 United tomorrow.

With ICT at Celtic and the structural integrity of Hamilton's bubble being tested against Partick, despite our recent form we should be demonstrating the confidence and desire of a team aiming to go top of the league.

Dreadful, scrappy 1-0 win it is then.

I wonder that the fact we are playing St.Mirren at home and that we should have the majority of the ball that maybe JMc will actually go with Souttar instead of Morris. I do agree with those that talk about Souttar's technical ability being his main strength and in games like this it might be something we could use effectively. If we were playing teams like Aberdeen, Celtic or Dundee then I would much prefer Morris.

I'm bringing along my 'McNamara Out' placard incase we lose to this gang of thugs and miscreants.

You won't need it, if we lose to the Maureens the McNamara will resign and flee to somewhere like Tibet or St Marys.

Expecting a comfortable United win today.

Our luck with injuries seems to be getting worse and not better. That will be McGinn, Plummer, Osbourne, Teale, Thompson and Wylde all not fit. Would think all 6 would start if they were available. Oh well, mend and make do.

4-1 Yinited

Archived