Dundee Utd v BOOOOOOOOO!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Butcher was certainly an interesting selection but to be fair he stuck to his task quite well. I initially thought he would play in a defensive midfield position but he played a lot further forward which I presume was so he could get stuck into Goodwin and keep him away from our angelic wee angels.

Overall, it was a weird game. The first 44 minutes was a bit grim and our attacking play was very pedestrian but the Paton goal (great finish by the way) came at just the right time and the forward players were much more like their usual self in the second half. Stuart Armstrong, who I think has been fairly poor this season, looked much more like the player that we know he can be.

Special mention to Connolly and Telfer. They may have a combined height of less than 6 feet but I thought they were excellent. Telfer moves the ball about very well and appears to be a very intelligent player. Great to see him get the goal that his play deserved. Connolly on the other hand looks like a player that will get you out of your seat. Fairly puts himself about as well. Really looking forward to seeing more of him this season.

Aye, Connolly and Telfer were both terrific and really added a spark to the team. Great to think that we could bring two young guys in for their first league starts for the club and they'd be vying for MOTM. I'd go for Connolly but it was tight.

Butcher looked like a centre half playing midfield first half but grew into the game second half and showed enough to suggest he might do a job in there. I was pleased with the ovation he got when he went off. He's had a hard time since coming to the club because of injury and a couple of bad incidents. It must be almost a year since he started a game. On a human level it's good that he's back in the fold and being given a chance - whether he makes or not as least he's getting a chance.

At least that was quicker this time, if not any better. You strike me as the kind of guy who throws poo at his monitor when things aren't going well. Is that fair comment?

^^^ thicko

After a pretty poor first half, thought we played well in the second. MOTM was Connolly who really looked good on the right hand side - when GMS is back we shouldnt have any problems with width anymore.

Ciftci looked better in the second half too, and there was some nice play from Armstrong. Telfer was decent, definitely the makings of a player there.

Moment of the match was Goodwin absolutely shiteing it on the edge of his own box going into a 50/50 with Calium "White Viera" Butcher who then unfortunately passed up the opportunity to cap a fine display in the middle of the park with a goal. Could we be witnessing the rebirth of Butcher?

Aye, Connolly and Telfer were both terrific and really added a spark to the team. Great to think that we could bring two young guys in for their first league starts for the club and they'd be vying for MOTM. I'd go for Connolly but it was tight.

Butcher looked like a centre half playing midfield first half but grew into the game second half and showed enough to suggest he might do a job in there. I was pleased with the ovation he got when he went off. He's had a hard time since coming to the club because of injury and a couple of bad incidents. It must be almost a year since he started a game. On a human level it's good that he's back in the fold and being given a chance - whether he makes or not as least he's getting a chance.

I thought Butcher did really well. I think he'd been told to go man for man on McLean who, on the few times I've seen St Mirren, looks more than capable of hurting teams. Considering how packed the midfield was in the first half with St MIrren playing five in there, and Paton and Butcher having 2 midgets and Ciftci as accomplices, he did well to hold his own and it was good to see him get forward in the second half.

The boy is obviously strong and fairly athletic so there could yet be a place for him - he certainly put himself about more than I have seen Rankin do in some games.

He was fucking brilliant today. What a guy. #AintNoPartyLikeAPaulPatonParty

He was one of my favourite players at Firhill over the past few years. I hope he goes from strength to strength.

Definitely the wrong man. I said it before on here and B&W Army that Craig wormed his way into Danny's seat before his arse was even out of it. I took pelters because I called him a weasel for doing so.

This certainly still seems to be the case that he's been a weasel, because as I'm sure it's obvious to all and sundry, he certainly wasn't given the job on merit!

It's a similar situation to when Steve Kean took charge at Blackburn - stabbed someone in a back, totally out of his depth, large chunk of fans never wanted him and still don't want him but he ain't going to quit and he ain't getting the boot.

After a pretty poor first half, thought we played well in the second. MOTM was Connolly who really looked good on the right hand side - when GMS is back we shouldnt have any problems with width anymore.

Ciftci looked better in the second half too, and there was some nice play from Armstrong. Telfer was decent, definitely the makings of a player there.

Moment of the match was Goodwin absolutely shiteing it on the edge of his own box going into a 50/50 with Calium "White Viera" Butcher who then unfortunately passed up the opportunity to cap a fine display in the middle of the park with a goal. Could we be witnessing the rebirth of Butcher?

No.

An actual Thistle fan saying something nice about Paton? I for one am shocked.

He was a bit of a dick on social media after Erskine and he made their decision public. However he and his daughter took some vile personal abuse. Also he suffered a knee injury against Cowdenbeath which meant he never kicked a ball for us again. I've no comment on his alleged recent off field issue but I guess he will just have to take whatever decision that is issued on his ample chin and move on.

Archived