Dundee Utd v BOOOOOOOOO!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

m

He was a bit of a dick on social media after Erskine and he made their decision public. However he and his daughter took some vile personal abuse. Also he suffered a knee injury against Cowdenbeath which meant he never kicked a ball for us again. I've no comment on his alleged recent off field issue but I guess he will just have to take whatever decision that is issued on his ample chin and move on.

What did he say, like?

Good to see Utd fans keeping up there admiration for a player who regardless of his ability is actually a thug.

Displeasing.

He hasn't been convicted of anything.

As much as I rate him, Dundee signed a convicted thug in the shape of Paul McGowan.

Glass houses, indeed.

He hasn't been convicted of anything.

As much as I rate him, Dundee signed a convicted thug in the shape of Paul McGowan.

Glass houses, indeed.

Yawn. He's a thug, even patsy kensit.

If McGowan assaulted someone at dens he'd be released. See Declan Gallagher. Offered contract, withdrawn, now at Livi.

If McGowan assaulted someone at dens he'd be released. See Declan Gallagher. Offered contract, withdrawn, now at Livi.

Sound logic there. Walk through the hallowed gates of Dens my son, your sins will be washed away. Mind the shopping trolley and bog tree on your way in.

Gallagher is still being paid by dundee

Even after a fine victory at Kilmarnock yesterday you still find the time to be bitter that United sit top of the league. Get your pal South Enclosure on here so we can have a right laugh.

Nothing to add about the game that hasn't already been said. However the atmosphere at Tannadice seriously needs to be addressed, the first half in particular was just a constant din of people talking. I don't advocate bringing a drum into the stadium, but at least the Hibs fans were creating a bit of noise on Wednesday.

m

What did he say, like?

Nowt bad. He just seemed to get wound in by some Jags fans and got a bit upset and gave a bit back which got out of hand really. Erskine was a class act and I'm glad to see him winning over the United fans. A really talented player who thrives when confident. A Scotland callup out of the question?

Was Butcher given a free role yesterday? He was all over the place, but did alright. Telfer looked good and got better as the game went on. Connolly was outstanding, great first touch. Dillon was excellent too, has to be first choice right back now.

Probably the poorest St Mirren side I've seen. Rudderless.

Was Butcher given a free role yesterday? He was all over the place, but did alright. Telfer looked good and got better as the game went on. Connolly was outstanding, great first touch. Dillon was excellent too, has to be first choice right back now.

Probably the poorest St Mirren side I've seen. Rudderless.

Butcher I thought mirrored what I have seen of him in the development squad, he is a defensive midfielder (or has been used there) but he is positionally all over the place, which actually was not a bad thing yesterday because it did mean someone was constantly available. Every development game I've seen Butcher in both Campbell and Bowman are constantly having a go at him because of his tactical positioning but again it actually worked yesterday (and he could have scored).

He won't get too many chances though given Rankin and Paton have those positions nailed on but he should be involved in match day squads going forward as he did enough yesterday to merit a place.

I would be happy with that back four being our first choice defensive line.

Butcher I thought mirrored what I have seen of him in the development squad, he is a defensive midfielder (or has been used there) but he is positionally all over the place, which actually was not a bad thing yesterday because it did mean someone was constantly available. Every development game I've seen Butcher in both Campbell and Bowman are constantly having a go at him because of his tactical positioning but again it actually worked yesterday (and he could have scored).

He won't get too many chances though given Rankin and Paton have those positions nailed on but he should be involved in match day squads going forward as he did enough yesterday to merit a place.

I would be happy with that back four being our first choice defensive line.

Looked like he was playing up front at one point. Some boy.

Talking of unconventional strikers, who was that Yardley-esque tub of lard trying to run about for St Mirren?

Probably Callum Ball. A guy Lex described as a good SPL striker.

Aye would have been Butter-Ball :lol:

Scored a decent goal against us though as our defence parted like the Red Sea in that 12 Commandments film :(

Simply not good enough again yesterday. Our team is crying out for a Paul McGowan type player to play off Ball and link midfield and striker. If that team yesterday continues to be our starting eleven and we don't get players back from injury quickly, I believe we will be relegated via the play-offs.

The anger from has gone, replaced by apathy and resignation. The final 20 minutes were insufferable yesterday.

Interesting that fans of teams who Ball has scored against seem to be the ones who are slating him.

He could have scored yesterday aswell but the keeper made a good save.

He's the same build as Higdon was when he was with us, and those kind of strikers can be very effective at this level.

We are badly missing Thommo though. Hopefully he's either back by Christmas or retires so we can replace him in January.

He could have scored? He's the same build as Higdon was? That's me convinced then :lol:

You've actually lost it.

Well he had no problem scoring at Pittodrie did he :)

If you actually read what I said, it's that he is the same build as Higdon was when he was with us. Since then Higdon has trimmed down.

Many shite players have scored at Pittodrie ffs :lol:

What on earth does him being as fat as Higdon was have to do with anything?

And you're still seething about it :lol:

The point is that strikers of that build can be effective in this league, as Higdon proved.

If Ball keeps up his current goal scoring form he will get between 5 and 10 goals this season. Not a bad return for a young striker in his first season at this level.

Archived