Dundee Utd v BOOOOOOOOO!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope we can give Rado a rousing reception when arrives to do his pole kissing regime (take note Paton) at the start of the game on Saturday.

Anyone know if the highlights are up from last night's game anywhere?

Arabzone have the goals and the penalties up now if you've got a subscription for it.

Following last nights game, would make a couple of defensive changes.

GK Rado

RB Watson

CB Dillon

CB Fojut

LB Townsend

DM Paton (or Telfer if Paton isnt fully focused at the moment)

DM Rankin

AM Dow

AM Erskine

AM Connolly

CF Bilate

No place for Nadir 'greeting puss lazy b*****d' Ciftci as his attitude of late has been awful.

Anyone know if the highlights are up from last night's game anywhere?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/29828473

Some tenacity, enthusiasm and finish by Erskine, and great work by Dow for his goal. Erskine and Armstrong have bizarrely swapped places compared to last year where nothing would go right for the man who runs like a referee.

I've no fucking idea where we go from here selection-wise. If the issues with our performances stems from a poor platform, then something has to be done with the block of 4 that comprises the two CBs and the two DMs. If the issues stem from the front 4 then is it a problem of distribution and attacking contribution from the back (support and supply), or is the issue the front 4 players themselves? If it's a mix of these jobbies, which are having most impact?

Townsend being back might solve a number of issues. Fojut and Morris have been forming a good partnership, but Souttar offers something else. If we're not splitting the CBs then I'd like to see him given a go at DM with Paton dropping out and Rankin taking over the Paton role, Souttar taking over the Rankin role.

Erskine and GMS our only sure starters in the front 4 for now, Ciftci left to fight like f**k with Bilate, Dow, Armstrong, Connolly and Telfer to win their places, with that perhaps being a bit unfair on Dow. Still no idea where Spittal is supposed to feature.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/29828473

Some tenacity, enthusiasm and finish by Erskine, and great work by Dow for his goal. Erskine and Armstrong have bizarrely swapped places compared to last year where nothing would go right for the man who runs like a referee.

I've no fucking idea where we go from here selection-wise. If the issues with our performances stems from a poor platform, then something has to be done with the block of 4 that comprises the two CBs and the two DMs. If the issues stem from the front 4 then is it a problem of distribution and attacking contribution from the back (support and supply), or is the issue the front 4 players themselves? If it's a mix of these jobbies, which are having most impact?

Townsend being back might solve a number of issues. Fojut and Morris have been forming a good partnership, but Souttar offers something else. If we're not splitting the CBs then I'd like to see him given a go at DM with Paton dropping out and Rankin taking over the Paton role, Souttar taking over the Rankin role.

Erskine and GMS our only sure starters in the front 4 for now, Ciftci left to fight like f**k with Bilate, Dow, Armstrong, Connolly and Telfer to win their places, with that perhaps being a bit unfair on Dow. Still no idea where Spittal is supposed to feature.

Ideally I'd like to give Souttar another game on saturday but with him having played the full 120 minutes after only recently being back from injury I think we'll probably have Morris back in beside Fojut. Townsend was limping by the end of last night and so was Spittal so I wouldn't be surprised to see Watson and Dillon back in at full back.

Dow is definitely becoming a favourite of McNamara's so he'll probably start again on saturday along with Erskine but GMS's injury opens things up a bit. I'd personally like to see Connolly hold on to his starting place which just leaves us with the dilemma of whether to start Ciftci or give Bilate a chance.

Although having Souttar in central defence last night had a big influence in the way we played, I was encouraged on the whole by the team's increased willingness to try pass the ball around and refusal to just lump the ball up the pitch, even to the point where we put ourselves under pressure a couple of times by passing at the back when it would have been more sensible to have cleared it and regrouped. Hopefully that mindset will be carried into this game even if we do go back to a line-up closer to the one we had at Inverness last weekend.

If the issues with our performances stems from a poor platform, then something has to be done with the block of 4 that comprises the two CBs and the two DMs. If the issues stem from the front 4 then is it a problem of distribution and attacking contribution from the back (support and supply), or is the issue the front 4 players themselves?

I have no doubt at all that the problem stems from the back. Robertson has been a huge miss, but Townsend can partially correct that issue when playing, but we've also needed Souttar back in desperately, and that showed last night.

The other problem we have is in central midfield, which you all know i've advocated many many times before. Scott Allan last night showed what any good team needs in midfield - a guy that wants the ball, a guy that passes and moves, not a guy that collects the ball, stops, and looks up for his next quarterback pass.

When back to middle clicks, we retain the ball more, and can get it to our flair players more often and in better positions, who in turn gain confidence. Ciftci has an attitude, but you can tell how pissed he is having to constantly chase after crap punted balls up the park, when last year he was getting it into feet.

Rado; Dillon, Souttar (unless fucked from playing 120 mins), Fojut, Townsend; Paton, Rankin; Connolly, Erskine, Dow; Bilate

I'd go with that but with Ciftci over Bilate. Think Jackie Mac needs to have a word with him about his attitude and lack of ever passing the football but he's still the best player in our team (apart from GMS possibly)

Rado; Dillon, Souttar (unless fucked from playing 120 mins), Fojut, Townsend; Paton, Rankin; Connolly, Erskine, Dow; Bilate

I'd go with that but with Ciftci over Bilate. Think Jackie Mac needs to have a word with him about his attitude and lack of ever passing the football but he's still the best player in our team (apart from GMS possibly)

Rado, Watson, Dillon, Fojut, Townsend; Paton, Rankin; Connolly, Erskine, Dow; Bilate

Souttar did nothing last night to merit another start.

As for McNamara 'having a word' with Ciftci. :lol:

Either: he's not already had several words (in which case he's not doing his job); or he's wasting his breath because Ciftci's an egocentric arsehole who refuses to listen. FWIW I'll go with the latter and only dropping him will have any affect.

Souttar did nothing last night to merit another start.

I take it you don't have Arabzone. McNamara is clearly delighted (as predicted) to have Souttar back in the team! Me too. We might actually start seeing some football getting played.

Archived