Scot Squad

happysouth

I'm really enjoying this series- lots of great characters in an original mix of mockumentary, sitcom and sketch show that works brilliantly in its context.

I like Jack Docherty as Police Scotland's David Brent figure- it's a good joke, although not terribly original. My favourites are probably McLaren and Fletcher, who are both complete numpties. I also enjoy good cop Singh and eejit cop McKirdie and their capers, and Ayrshire cops McKay and McIntosh, whose partnership is the best-acted- so subtly-played that it's hard to tell whether it's an awkward professional relationship or a blossoming "will-they-won't-they" romance. My only big complaint is the "Bobby and Officer Karen" which quickly became tedious.

Not all the content is laugh-out-loud funny but all the characters are so interesting that it's OK just to hang out with them, and that's a great achievement in itself. I can already see myself missing it when it's off the air.

• 11 months later...

I'm still watching it. Haven't really changed my opinion though. It's ok, no more, no less. I quite enjoy it, parts of it are quite amusing, but it doesn't really get you laughing out loud and parts of it are cringeworthy and forced. It amuses me enough to Sky+ it so I don't miss it but if the series stopped tomorrow it wouldn't bother me.

The programmes funny but it really does miss the potential of being proper funny as f**k. They need to drop the Bobby scenes and the call centre scenes. Only tonight I finally laughed at the "special" cop.

That shagger copper had me in stitches. He's fuckin hilarious and last week he was class tae! Definitely need for Grado scenes as well :lol:

The Bobby scenes are quite funny and I like the call centre ones too. Agree with the rest of your post though.

• 2 weeks later...