Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is the sort of persistent questioning that Sturgeon and others from the SNP have had to put up with throughout this campaign from all of the broadcast media. Yet only one reporter from STV has done this with ANY of the unionist politicians. Well done to her.

In that clip and on a party political broadcast I saw earlier Murphy is suggesting big changes are required and that Tory policies are unfair, unjust and not serving working Scots well.

I could have sworn that less than 8 months ago the Labour party line was that the Union was successful, serving us well, and if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Do they actually think people don't remember stuff like this?!

Let's be charitable here and say something positive about Murphy, I will start.

He's good with a shovel and is superb at digging.

He does an excellent iimpression of a stuck record

There is either lack of communication in the Labour camp, or there is serious infighting going on. What's clear to me is Labour have had it so easy for so long. That when they needed to up their game during an election. They weren't able to adapt.

There is either lack of communication in the Labour camp, or there is serious infighting going on. What's clear to me is Labour have had it so easy for so long. That when they needed to up their game during an election. They weren't able to adapt.

or it could be that Jim Murphy thought he could get away with lying to the Scottish people as he thinks that the media will never actually highlight it. After all, that tactic worked in in the referendum campaign.

What he didn't count on was senior members of his own part dismissing him as completely irrelevant in the context of the general election and UK government in general.

A badge for Carole Erskine. Hacks up and down the country will be aghast at one of their own doing the job properly.

Absolutely. An excellent job and the only journalist so far to have the gumption to have a right go at him. He still tried to continually talk over the top of her. Quite who he thinks he's going to win over by doing this is beyond me.

"I've been clear all along.." is quite possibly the single biggest lie of the campaign thus far.

If Labour are reduced to a car load in three weeks will Murphy step down as leader?

There's absolutely no way he'll resign. He'll use the referendum as an excuse and stumble along until May next year.

I fucking hope not.

This has been glorious.

Murphy wants to be UK Labour leader, and obviously eventually PM. This could literally end his career, its a truly beautiful thing.

One major scalp as revenge for the referendum. That's how I see it anyway, a bit of payback that is richly deserved. For the party too, but certain individuals were badly needing chased after that disgrace and Murphy is near the top of the list, a lot more will go in three weeks too.

If Labour are reduced to a car load in three weeks will Murphy step down as leader?

If Murphy loses his seat he might not have any choice but to step down as per party rules

If Murphy loses his seat he might not have any choice but to step down as per party rules

Yes, my mistake. I should have made it clear that I was meaning the scenario where Murphy holds his seat but the rest of his mates can fit into a 1990's ford fiesta with him. 7

By letter of the law he goes if he loses his seat, he will probably change those rules though :lol:

Being the Labour way they've twisted the rules. You only need to be an elected member to run for the Scottish leadership. Once you are leader that rule doesn't apply......Not sure it was designed like that when the rule was implemented

Archived