Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found this gem from January and thought it needed to be flagged up given the week that Jim has had

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jamieross/its-been-easy-its-been-to-outdo-the-snp

A lot of the people who voted Yes just wanted change – they weren’t ideologically nationalists, they were scunnered with the Tories. I think those people are looking again at the Scottish Labour party – they’re saying, if you keep improving, we’re interested.

:unsure2:

Bet ya murphy is on tenderhooks tonight. I expect Nicola to tee Milliband up for a Scottish Branch smackdown. 'But Ed, thats not what Jim Murphy has being saying, etc etc.'

I reckon she won't even mention Murphy.

She has a big advantage here, in that she's being presented as a UK-wide politician in front of a big audience and – assuming she plays her cards right – portraying herself as defending Scotland's interests. She won't want to give Murphy even a breath of that air. Plus, it's a UK audience who won't know who Murphy is, so any argument that mentions him will float over their heads.

Bet ya murphy is on tenderhooks tonight. I expect Nicola to tee Milliband up for a Scottish Branch smackdown. 'But Ed, thats not what Jim Murphy has being saying, etc etc.'

I hate to be pedantic to a fellow SNPer, but it's "tenterhooks". A personal bugbear of mine.

Anyhoo, I bet Jim's salty tears will be dripping into his Irn Bru after watching last night's debate.

Pleasing.

I'm not hugely into politics but I fucking detest Jim Murphy. Patronising, clueless tosspot of the highest order. It sickens me that the slimy p***k will probably win his seat again in my constituency.

If things keep going at the rate they are at the moment, that probably will become a maybe.

You are right though he is a slimy p***k.

I reckon she won't even mention Murphy.

She has a big advantage here, in that she's being presented as a UK-wide politician in front of a big audience and – assuming she plays her cards right – portraying herself as defending Scotland's interests. She won't want to give Murphy even a breath of that air. Plus, it's a UK audience who won't know who Murphy is, so any argument that mentions him will float over their heads.

Good call. I don't think Scottish Labour or Murphy were mentioned at all last night, though i missed a bit of the debate in the middle.

Good call. I don't think Scottish Labour or Murphy were mentioned at all last night, though i missed a bit of the debate in the middle.

Nope, not a fucking peep about Slab.

They continue to be an abject irrelevance.

He will get plenty airtime today,the branch are putting out there manifesto

:lol::lol:

Why the f**k are Slab having their own manifesto?

It's like the High Wycombe branch of Costa Coffee making up their own prices for a laugh.

Be interesting to see if any journo asks if it differs from head office and if so how will it work after being slapped down earlier this week

Ed's performance last night will mean that first question that should be on journalists' lips is whether Labour will rule out working with the SNP. I see there's already spin about Labour ruling out a coalition, but that's not what's on the table.

The second question, of course, should be: why are you bothering?

The next time Murphy and Sturgeon are debating, and the issue of Murphy refusing to discuss a coalition because he wants a majority Labour government, Sturgeon should just keep asking him "What's your Plan B? What's your plan B? What's your Plan B?" over and over again.

Archived