Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has to be Murphy himself. Everyone has categorically ruled out the possibility of the SNP getting cabinet seats, and if it isn't a Scottish MP then Labour might as well unilaterally declare Scotland independent themselves.

Oh my absolute word, the joy of it having to be Willie Bain because he's the only Labour MP left in Scotland would be beyond orgasmic.

If Murphy was appointed Scottish Secreatry it would be the final nail in the coffin for Scottish Labour.

If Murphy does his WM seat, I can see one of Labour's faceless constituency MSP's hastily resigning "to spend more time with their family" in an attempt to let Jim back in. Good chance of double lols if he lost a by-election as well.

If Murphy loses his seat his career is over. He would be expected to resign ASAP, because there is no way they would let him anywhere near another election campaign. Even if he wins his seat I seriously doubt that his "leadership" could survive a near wipeout.

If Murphy loses his seat his career is over. He would be expected to resign ASAP, because there is no way they would let him anywhere near another election campaign. Even if he wins his seat I seriously doubt that his "leadership" could survive a near wipeout.

I don't think that's an unreasonable POV I just don't see who they get in to replace him. They truly are fucked.

I said it here months ago and balls and umannas contributions nailed it for me this week.

We will see a schism in Labour with a Scottish party emerging from the ashes of this clusterfuck. Driven by expediency they will be at least neutral on independence.

I don't think that's an unreasonable POV I just don't see who they get in to replace him. They truly are fucked.

I said it here months ago and balls and umannas contributions nailed it for me this week.

We will see a schism in Labour with a Scottish party emerging from the ashes of this clusterfuck. Driven by expediency they will be at least neutral on independence.

They can't be though, for a couple of reasons that is impractical.

First of all they have been straining every sinew for a long time to convince us that there already is a separate Scottish Labour party.

Secondly if they were to do that every single current senior member of 'Scottish' Labour couldn't be involved, as they all just spent two years nailing their colours firmly to the mast.

Labour are fucked, its over for them now. 113 years and we are now in the death throes. They will carry on but will never again be the force they were.

The unforeseen consequence of the referendum was the death of Labour, and also the SNP becoming the establishment party in Scotland.

I think you are right.

Then we just need the independent centre right party and its full house.

Independence within a generation.

There's absolutely no way he'll resign. He'll use the referendum as an excuse and stumble along until May next year.

It would be tremendous if Murphy was to lose his Westminster seat then stumble along as leader until May 2016, when Labour take another drubbing as he gets in on the list followed by being forced to resign as leader and kick about as a back bencher at Holyrood. For the archetypal example of the Labour Parliamentarian who looks on Holyrood as a mickey mouse parliament rather than the most important stage for Scottish politics, it would be terrific to see.

It has to be Murphy himself. Everyone has categorically ruled out the possibility of the SNP getting cabinet seats, and if it isn't a Scottish MP then Labour might as well unilaterally declare Scotland independent themselves.

Oh my absolute word, the joy of it having to be Willie Bain because he's the only Labour MP left in Scotland would be beyond orgasmic.

Ooft, the thought of Bain being Labour's main Scottish representative against some of the strongest debaters in the SNP is genuinely enough to make you feel sorry for him.

Gordon Brown!

The fact that Brown even has a shred of credibility left shows how misinformed/stupid certain folk are.

The fact that 24% of the electorate still intend to vote for the Northern British accounting unit of the Labour party is testament to how misinformed and stupid people can be.

Archived