Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

I saw him live in the SECC when i was younger and he was funny as f**k. What is it that he has done to offend? He's popular north of the border so has every right to campaign for us to stay part of the UK if thats what he believes in, I'm not sure if he used any dirty tactics though which might be why people don't like him

Martin Freeman did a Scottish labour advert as well so are people taking the huff with him?

Well he hangs about with Jim Murphy for starters...

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw him live in the SECC when i was younger and he was funny as f**k. What is it that he has done to offend? He's popular north of the border so has every right to campaign for us to stay part of the UK if thats what he believes in, I'm not sure if he used any dirty tactics though which might be why people don't like him

Martin Freeman did a Scottish labour advert as well so are people taking the huff with him?

Yeah, I hope they do a remake of The Hobbit and he's eaten by Smaug.

Except there was no violence at all. What that should really read is Labour drones shouted out of Scotland's biggest city, fuckin beautiful. And Izzard getting his comeuppance for his interference in our referendum as an added bonus.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon/11581535/Eddie-Izzard-and-Jim-Murphy-abused-by-Scottish-nationalists-at-Labour-general-election-event.html

Have a wee read of this not very nice.

Who the f**k are you to decide who gets to have an opinion on anything in this country?

Eddie Izzard and Murphy should be free to engage in the political process like the rest of us. By all means challenging them is legitimate but if violence is being used then that is completely out of order and will damage our reputation beyond repair.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3067268/Jim-Murphy-Eddie-Izzard-forced-flee-Labour-rally-Glasgow-angry-nationalists-spark-violent-scrum.html

The ugly side of democracy.

Stupid. Playing right into their hands with that. Any excuse for Murphy to play the victim and he'll grasp it with both hands.

Exactly, don't give the p***k any opportunities to pander to folk that are likely to shite it on election day.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reports were greatly exaggerated though.

Unfortunately, kev, your beloved free speech means that the Mail and Telegraph are allowed to be published. They're even allowed to use emotive language to make reports fit their agenda. What "violence" was there at this *snigger* "rally"?

Who the f**k are you to decide who gets to have an opinion on anything in this country?

Eddie Izzard and Murphy should be free to engage in the political process like the rest of us. By all means challenging them is legitimate but if violence is being used then that is completely out of order and will damage our reputation beyond repair.

And who the f**k are you to do the same? Given you just did exactly that in your post. As for 'this country' Izzard isn't from this country and doesn't live in it, therefore the internal political debate in 'this country' is f**k all to do with him. That's why his intervention in the referendum was unwelcome.

Faint is as good as its going to get you should be happy with that.

If you lead the Scottish Lib Dems would you do so from a pro-independence standpoint? Would you run for the leadership on that platform?

I do not think it's very likely that I'll be in a position either to want, seek or be asked to, become leader of the Scottish Liberal Democrats.

I do think, however, that our stance on the independence issue should be similar to the stance of the Alliance in Northern Ireland on the Nationalist/Unionist divide: i.e. neutrality. The Lib Dems should be engaging with the SNP on the basis of their regressive and authoritarian record in government, and not on the dead horse flogged patter about independence.

I do not think it's very likely that I'll be in a position either to want, seek or be asked to, become leader of the Scottish Liberal Democrats.

I do think, however, that our stance on the independence issue should be similar to the stance of the Alliance in Northern Ireland on the Nationalist/Unionist divide: i.e. neutrality. The Lib Dems should be engaging with the SNP on the basis of their regressive and authoritarian record in government, and not on the dead horse flogged patter about independence.

You don't think, given the last five years, a Lib Dem has a cheek to be talking about regressive records in government?

And given we are talking about a hypothetical future its farcically stupid to describe independence as a dead horse. And offensive to half the country, though you have form for that.

I think you have a lot to learn about politics.

I do think, however, that our stance on the independence issue should be similar to the stance of the Alliance in Northern Ireland on the Nationalist/Unionist divide: i.e. neutrality.

This is something I've been wondering about for a while. Labour could surely have done a much better job of holding onto their vote in Scotland if they'd just refused to pick a side in the independence debate. Could have come across all statesmanlike and claimed to be upholders of democracy, and probably most pro-independence Labour voters would've been happy enough with that.

The only reason I can think for this desperate unionism is that the party in England know they're fucked in electoral terms without the left-wing Scottish vote. I'll be amazed if that don't amend their stance once this election's over and they've nothing to lose anyway.

Unfortunately, kev, your beloved free speech means that the Mail and Telegraph are allowed to be published. They're even allowed to use emotive language to make reports fit their agenda. What "violence" was there at this *snigger* "rally"?

Is that any better, sturgeons press officer leaking information to protest groups if true it leads right to the top of the snp.

post-53474-14307533790902_thumb.jpg

Archived