Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

Beyond toxic. Say what you like about Labour but they come out with some very good soundbites. Defcon fucked and now beyond toxic. Both completely true. That McTernan (sp?) guy is a poisonous wee nyaff.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't quite work that one out myself.

What is his logic on this one?

He was a huge reason why UK labour went with Ed Milliband, so she's shifting the blame onto someone else.

Another self interested labourite - who knew.

Kezia!!

She seems like a nice person and as a fellow Harris Academy FP I know her education will have been second to none.

Unfortunately she is horrendously out of her depth and worse doesn't seem to have the mental strength a role like this requires.

I genuinely feel a bit sorry for her and think she should defect to the snp and serve some time as a back bench MSP.

Kezia!!

She seems like a nice person and as a fellow Harris Academy FP I know her education will have been second to none.

Unfortunately she is horrendously out of her depth and worse doesn't seem to have the mental strength a role like this requires.

I genuinely feel a bit sorry for her and think she should defect to the snp and serve some time as a back bench MSP.

She was educated at Harris! Christ standards haven't half dropped. :(

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/politics/scottish-politics/murphy-clinging-on-by-his-fingertips-as-labour-msps-stage-coup.126137440

JIM Murphy is today clinging on to his job as Scottish Labour leader by his fingertips after the boss of Britain's most powerful trade union blamed him for the party's UK-wide defeat in the General Election and a third of his MSPs launched a coup in a dramatic bid to topple him.

Len McCluskey, general secretary of Unite, laid the blame squarely at the feet of Mr Murphy for Ed Miliband's failure to become Prime Minister and called on the former MP to step down immediately following last week's catastrophic defeat, which saw Labour lose 40 of its 41 seats north of the border.

Meanwhile, on a day of high drama at Holyrood, a large block of Mr Murphy's MSPs attempted to oust their leader, while his chief of staff John McTernan prompted outrage among party staffers when he praised Scottish Labour's election campaign and suggested everything would be fine at next year's Holyrood vote.

0GKm3R.gif

Kezia!!

Nah, she's too thick for my liking, if you keep the zoomers out invariably the zoomers will weaken your opponents.

Couldn't quite work that one out myself.

What is his logic on this one?

Seen this advanced by quite a few labour commentators. If it wasn't for Scotland there would be no 'nationalist-fear' stick for the Tories to beat the UK Labour party with.

Very much of the "if my granny had baws she'd be my grandpa" school of debate. It really is terribly inconvenient for the New-Labourites to have to appeal to the left in Scotland rather than just trot out "aspiration" to all the flat-capped proles who deliver bread on their shoogly bicycles and live on the set of Coronation Street.

She's no Gorgeous George or Donald Findlay ill give you that.

Findlay went there too! The things you learn!

The class of '71 was a better breed despite the aforementioned GG.

Seen this advanced by quite a few labour commentators. If it wasn't for Scotland there would be no 'nationalist-fear' stick for the Tories to beat the UK Labour party with.

Very much of the "if my granny had baws she'd be my grandpa" school of debate. It really is terribly inconvenient for the New-Labourites to have to appeal to the left in Scotland rather than just trot out "aspiration" to all the flat-capped proles who deliver bread on their shoogly bicycles and live on the set of Coronation Street.

There would be less nationalists if Labour hadn't treated Scotland like shite for years. If they had bothered to try and engage people, recruit them into the party, promote the ones who work hard in the constituency rather than the constituency office. The whole party just atrophied as the inner circle refused to look beyond itself.

Labour talk about the SNP costing them this election like they had no role in the rise the party at all.

This is now sheer lunacy.

40+ seats down to 1 in Westminster.

3 trade unions (so far) and at least 2 Labour figures (Elaine Smith and Ian Davidson, there may be others I've forgotten) have publically called for him to go plus Neil Findlay quit his job and still no resignation or even so much as a peep from the man.

Ridiculous, yet glorious.

He is in utter desperation. If he's forced out then there's no rational reason to put him on next years list ahead of other more worthwhile candidates.

If he's forced out that's his career over.

It would be glorious to see James Francis Murphy consigned to be a very small footnote in Scotland's political history.

Archived