Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

He won't even be an MP shortly so I'm not sure why he'd be dictating Westminster policy to British Labour.

My simple point is that these decisions have next to f**k all to do with Murphy. Scottish labour leader will not be a part of the decision making process and will therefore have no promises to make.

He's pretty much on a par with any other labour mp. They'll legitimately take flak for any leadership decision but they have no say on the matter.

Your question should be in an ed miliband thread (if anyone was ever bored enough start one).

These are reasonable points, to be honest. However, they just show that Johann Lamont was correct with her "Branch Office" statement.

Their official coalition policy is 'we'll wait and see but we won't rule anything in or out'

As a naturally left-leaning person, that does worry me. It just shows what Labour have become.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. I'm legitimately pointing out that Jim Murphy has not previously shown 100% commitment to voting against this. That's a fact. Your views as to his future commitment mean nothing, as they are pure speculation. If (by some miracle) Labour actually have a majority at the GE, I hope that Jim & the rest of the Labour party vote for it's removal.

However, I'm even more concerned at the prospect that Labour might go into coalition with the Tories. I believe that you're a member? I hope you're pressing them to make their position clear?

Finally, Labour aren't the only party capable of getting rid of the bedroom tax. If either:

a) "The Vow" is implemented and benefits are devolved to the Scottish Parliament OR

b) Independence is achieved

before Labour are in power at Westminster again, then whoever is in power at Holyrood at the time will be able to repeal the tax in Scotland

Independence would probably make it harder to scrap the bedroom tax as there would be fewer Labour MPs.

Independence would probably make it harder to scrap the bedroom tax as there would be fewer Labour MPs.

Where are you referring to? Scotland or rUK?

If you mean Scotland:

If the SNP have a majority after independence, they are committed to ending the bedroom tax in Scotland. Are you seriously suggesting that Holyrood would elect a right-wing government?

If you mean rUK:

The benefit policies of a foreign country will have little relevance to me. Obviously, I would disapprove, but feel that it is for the people of that country to decide their own benefits system.

If you actually contributed anything meaningful to the debate, I might have been prepared to find the relevant links.

Try recent editions of the Guardian, Financial Times or Spectator for starters.

LOL, this is quality, you have just used the same garbage used by colkitto on a different thread, oh dear, talk about the "hard of thinking for themselves", you must try harder, really pathetic

LOL, this is quality, you have just used the same garbage used by colkitto on a different thread, oh dear, talk about the "hard of thinking for themselves", you must try harder, really pathetic

Are you suggesting that the articles in the Guardian (2nd January), Financial Times (30th December) and Spectator (12rh October) don't exist, or are you just admitting that you're too stupid to use google?

Are you suggesting that the articles in the Guardian (2nd January), Financial Times (30th December) and Spectator (12rh October) don't exist, or are you just admitting that you're too stupid to use google?

so you could be bothered looking for them, after all, bless

so you could be bothered looking for them, after all, bless

And there's the proof. Ecto is here to troll rather than debate. That's him back onto ignore.

Unfortunately, as he also goes onto the Arbroath boards (usually to argue with his fellow fans), I have to read his pish there too. Non-Lichties are fortunate to be able to avoid this.

And there's the proof. Ecto is here to troll rather than debate. That's him back onto ignore.

Unfortunately, as he also goes onto the Arbroath boards (usually to argue with his fellow fans), I have to read his pish there too. Non-Lichties are fortunate to be able to avoid this.

A bit of a hard neck you accusing anybody of "trolling", everyone remembers your Anne Begg meltdown, what was that all about?

You do have the posting style of a particularly stupid child tbf. I can see why literally everyone else on the board struggles to find the motivation to engage with you.

It is based on frustration, the same points being made time after time and by the end of it we pretty much end up where we are now and this will go on until,god knows when always ending up where we are now. Then we always have a link to some article that has been written, gets quoted here and to be honest most are vague at best and there is always a bit for everyone in them, but the worrying thing for me is how quickly they accepted as fact therefore must be right and this is what will be happening and this will occur many times in the months ahead, when in truth none of us know what will really happen

A bit of a hard neck you accusing anybody of "trolling", everyone remembers your Anne Begg meltdown, what was that all about?

Well quite.

Lichtgilphead has a real cheek laying accusations of trolling given the utter mess he made of himself concerning Anne Begg.

It is based on frustration, the same points being made time after time and by the end of it we pretty much end up where we are now and this will go on until,god knows when always ending up where we are now. Then we always have a link to some article that has been written, gets quoted here and to be honest most are vague at best and there is always a bit for everyone in them, but the worrying thing for me is how quickly they accepted as fact therefore must be right and this is what will be happening and this will occur many times in the months ahead, when in truth none of us know what will really happen

See if you took the time to post like this more often? People wouldn't think you were a complete moron.

Aye fair enough, I get you. The articles exist though, at least the FT one does although it's worth clarifying that it's just speculation in a wider article on the FT writers predictions for 2015.

Aye fair enough, I get you. The articles exist though, at least the FT one does although it's worth clarifying that it's just speculation in a wider article on the FT writers predictions for 2015.

Ignore Ecto's tears. Labour folk voting Tories? That has been proposed.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/brian-monteith-tactical-voting-may-thwart-snp-1-3291779

It's getting more ludicrous by the minute. Murphy has promised Labour will deliver one thousand more nurses than the SNP.

Even although the SNP haven't written their manifesto yet and haven't given any detail on how many nurses they will promise in 2016.

It's getting more ludicrous by the minute. Murphy has promised Labour will deliver one thousand more nurses than the SNP.

Even although the SNP haven't written their manifesto yet and haven't given any detail on how many nurses they will promise in 2016.

The desperation is cringeworthy.

Archived