Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

Regards Santa Murphy and his benefits moaning.

My wife has a 20 y/o cousin, single mother with child, got pregnant last year out the blue from some wee guy whose never been seen, at the time I said it was to get social. My wife scoffed at this at the time, but a month ago she got a very nice council house in the east of Edinburgh. Anyway, this girl has never worked a day in her life, but has been on holidays and walks about with a £600 Iphone6 wedged to her ear. I asked the wife yesterday what she gets a week from the social to pay for all this. Her aunt told her, £306 a week. So rent paid, council tax rebated and £306 a week benefits to 'get by' with her and the kid. Murphy wants to give her even more cash.

Cool story bro.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is this £306 figure, after rent and council tax rebate, made up of?

No idea, all I know is she is getting £306 a week and has a rent paid council house in an area where they've all been bought bar a few. She occasionally shows up at my house with the kid, who mostly is ignored by her as the iphone6 is her real baby. I told my mother about it last night, she wasn't happy as she had to get by on a pittance in the 70's when a single parent. Santa Murphy wasn't around back then.

My wife has a 20 y/o cousin, single mother with child, got pregnant last year out the blue from some wee guy whose never been seen, at the time I said it was to get social. My wife scoffed at this at the time, but a month ago she got a very nice council house in the east of Edinburgh. Anyway, this girl has never worked a day in her life, but has been on holidays and walks about with a £600 Iphone6 wedged to her ear. I asked the wife yesterday what she gets a week from the social to pay for all this. Her aunt told her, £306 a week. So rent paid, council tax rebated and £306 a week benefits to 'get by' with her and the kid. Murphy wants to give her even more cash.

£57.50 + £20.50 does not add up to £306.00 you little liar.

£57.50 + £20.50 does not add up to £306.00 you little liar.

She would get £72.40 as a lone parent over 18 in income support, plus the £20.50 child benefit, but your point stands, pants on fire.

She would get £72.40 as a lone parent over 18 in income support, plus the £20.50 child benefit, but your point stands, pants on fire.

I'm just telling you what my wife's mother was told by her younger sister, who told my wife. I hope it is BS, but the aunt has seen the letter from social confirming she receives £306 a week. How the hell can she afford a new Iphone6 and have holidays in Ibiza and Cyprus. Even her own mother thought it was too much.

I'm just telling you what my wife's mother was told by her younger sister, who told my wife. I hope it is BS, but the aunt has seen the letter from social confirming she receives £306 a week. How the hell can she afford a new Iphone6 and have holidays in Ibiza and Cyprus. Even her own mother thought it was too much.

Well one of you is definitely a liar.

They've started rolling out monthly payments for Income Support. Your figure is roughly what she would get a month.

Whatever pal. I'm just reporting what I've been told she gets from the state. I don't know anything about benefits, worked since 17 and I'm now 47. Will be working until I'm 70 to pay for Santa Murphy's army.

Will your shed last another 23 years?

Whatever pal. I'm just reporting what I've been told she gets from the state. I don't know anything about benefits, worked since 17 and I'm now 47. Will be working until I'm 70 to pay for Santa Murphy's army.

Why don't know stop working and go on benefits then?

That's not true, if you include her rent and council tax it would probably come to about that, no way does she get a cash payment for that amount on top of rent and council tax.

it could be the £306 included housing benefit, but it's 100% a weekly payment. The wife actually saw the letter, just checked with her again. Unless DWP, or whoever issues these letters, is typing BS to claimants that is what she receives. I hope it is BS, all you acrivist natty diddies giving me pelters need to take that on board - I don't want it to be true but this is what I've been told.

Interesting that Jim Murphy's leaflets in East Renfrewshire only mention the word "Labour" once, and it's in the small print concerning how they will spam you if you give him your personal contact details.

It's almost as if he's ashamed of the party he's the leader of or something.

Interesting that Jim Murphy's leaflets in East Renfrewshire only mention the word "Labour" once, and it's in the small print concerning how they will spam you if you give him your personal contact details.

He can't be associated with Westminster whilst pretending to be a man of the people.

You been speaking to a lot of people Libby? What sort of feedback you getting?

You up against Murphy?

Have there been any local hustings arranged?

You been speaking to a lot of people Libby? What sort of feedback you getting?

You up against Murphy?

A lot of folk on the doorstep saying "been a Labour voter all my life, but..."

I think he's in trouble.

Have there been any local hustings arranged?

So far, only one confirmed, at Giffnock Synagogue at the end of April. We're a bit surprised at how few hustings have been proposed compared to previous elections. I suspect the Community Councils are less active on it because Murphy and Labour will have leaned on them not to hold stuff he can't make because of, er, "national" commitments. I'm looking forward to debating him on whatever carbonated crate he chooses.

A lot of folk on the doorstep saying "been a Labour voter all my life, but..."

I think he's in trouble.

So far, only one confirmed, at Giffnock Synagogue at the end of April. We're a bit surprised at how few hustings have been proposed compared to previous elections. I suspect the Community Councils are less active on it because Murphy and Labour will have leaned on them not to hold stuff he can't make because of, er, "national" commitments. I'm looking forward to debating him on whatever carbonated crate he chooses.

Gonnae just encourage your voters to vote SNP, just this once. It would be glorious to bag Murphy.

Archived