Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

I don't see this as that great a scandal tbh. As a Labour politician who uses the expenses system like it was fucking oxygen it's pretty obvious that anything that he's personally advocating for involves on of his friends or family getting funnelled money. Maybe the press could have dug into this four months ago when he first started really tooting his horn about it, but that would involve some of them doing their fucking jobs.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad is a labour activist in East ren, he's been saying a lot of tories are telling him they'll vote for Murphy to try keep out the snp. He's still not confident that Jim will keep his seat tho. Reckon that's his only chance really.

Your Dad sounds a c**t.

I don't see this as that great a scandal tbh. As a Labour politician who uses the expenses system like it was fucking oxygen it's pretty obvious that anything that he's personally advocating for involves on of his friends or family getting funnelled money. Maybe the press could have dug into this four months ago when he first started really tooting his horn about it, but that would involve some of them doing their fucking jobs.

Great post, out of green dots for the day though (didn't even know there was a limit) or else this would have got one.

There should be a 'Murphy Cam' for election night. A camera that follows poor Jum around from the close of polls to the point at which he falls into a heap sobbing uncontrollably at SLab's humiliating demise.

Anybody see reporting Scotland tonight? Murphy comes on with all these teenagers behind him holding up their Labour placards. Every single one of them had sad faces. You would have thought some big bully had ran off with their sweeties. next comes on wee Nicola with all these happy smiling teenagers beside her, says it all really .

He attempts to come across as a working class type and tries to build some sort of camaraderie with people/audience. It just reeks of awkwardness and falseness, only the gullible and brainwashed will be voting for jimbo.

Yes, this, a hundred times this. It just seems so forced and artificial.

When he said last night "I can't put the man out of his misery, I'm not a miracle worker!" it could be pretty much the definition of inhaling sharply through teeth.

His heartbreaking "story" about the mum who couldn't provide shoes for her daughter was so obviously contrived and made up I'm surprised Ponsonby didn't piss himself laughing.

The rest of his performance was rehearesed, fake, embarrassing and transparent, from his attempts at jokes to his toe curling faux deference in calling people Sir.

In short, he's fucked.

His heartbreaking "story" about the mum who couldn't provide shoes for her daughter was so obviously contrived and made up I'm surprised Ponsonby didn't piss himself laughing.

The rest of his performance was rehearesed, fake, embarrassing and transparent, from his attempts at jokes to his toe curling faux deference in calling people Sir.

In short, he's fucked.

That was cringeworthy. And see if it was true, given he has milked about a hundred grand a year in expenses out of the public purse, he could easily have dipped into his pocket and given her forty quid or something to get shoes. Absolute shite.

Archived