Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

A lot of folk on the doorstep saying "been a Labour voter all my life, but..."

I think he's in trouble.

So far, only one confirmed, at Giffnock Synagogue at the end of April. We're a bit surprised at how few hustings have been proposed compared to previous elections. I suspect the Community Councils are less active on it because Murphy and Labour will have leaned on them not to hold stuff he can't make because of, er, "national" commitments. I'm looking forward to debating him on whatever carbonated crate he chooses.

Good luck and I genuinely mean that.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of folk on the doorstep saying "been a Labour voter all my life, but..."

I think he's in trouble.

So far, only one confirmed, at Giffnock Synagogue at the end of April. We're a bit surprised at how few hustings have been proposed compared to previous elections. I suspect the Community Councils are less active on it because Murphy and Labour will have leaned on them not to hold stuff he can't make because of, er, "national" commitments. I'm looking forward to debating him on whatever carbonated crate he chooses.

A video would be nice if he allows it. :) I get the impression quite a few Labour candidates will be running scared. An empty seat seems to be the popular choice if he doesn't turn up. And like Mr Rational good luck

Interesting that Jim Murphy's leaflets in East Renfrewshire only mention the word "Labour" once, and it's in the small print concerning how they will spam you if you give him your personal contact details.

It's almost as if he's ashamed of the party he's the leader of or something.

Not read the thread but this caught my eye, Ian Murray is our MP here in Edinburgh. His office is painted green and has Name all over it but no mention of Labour at all. Likewise his leaflets, barely mention labour at all.

I think he is distancing himself from the party and hoping that his own record (which is ok) will get him re-elected.

If Pie and Bovril can send Alexandra Burke to Peterhead surely we could save Ad Lib's deposit and kick Jim Murphy in the nuts.

P.S. Just checked and the Lib Dems got 18.3% of the vote in 2005 and more than the SNP in 2010. With a bit of effort Ad Lib could do more than save his deposit if we convince the Tory voters that he's the only man who can fcuk up both Labour and the SNP! Cmon people, we can do this!

SNP won't get Tory votes anyway

it could be the £306 included housing benefit, but it's 100% a weekly payment. The wife actually saw the letter, just checked with her again. Unless DWP, or whoever issues these letters, is typing BS to claimants that is what she receives. I hope it is BS, all you acrivist natty diddies giving me pelters need to take that on board - I don't want it to be true but this is what I've been told.

She'll be getting 72.40 income support plus child benefit and child tax credit which still barely comes to half of your 306 quid.

So your wife's either a liar or a fucking moron.

Food banks wouldn't be opening up all over the place, if social benefit payments were overly generous. The real scandal that needs a bit of populism is how the elite is able to use offshore tax havens like Jersey and the Cayman Islands.

All da benefit munny goes on bookies and crack, then food banks get used after m8.

She'll be getting 72.40 income support plus child benefit and child tax credit which still barely comes to half of your 306 quid.

So your wife's either a liar or a fucking moron.

Do I have to procure this letter and scan it in for you wido smart arse fcks to stfu? I might just do that. See yir arse then.

Do I have to procure this letter and scan it in for you wido smart arse fcks to stfu? I might just do that. See yir arse then.

Yes, do that. And if you want to See my arse you only have to ask.

eta Your wife is still a fucking moron.

Housing benefit is paid in cash, then the receiver pays their rent with it. This amount will include housing benefit.

If she's in a council house that would surely only be the case if she was on UC but that's paid 4 weekly. I'm sure Edinburgh City is in the current tranch for UC claims also, which makes a letter detailing a weekly amount less likely.

Reynard's original post about the whole thing stated 306 after rent and ct paid for anyway.

My dad is a labour activist in East ren, he's been saying a lot of tories are telling him they'll vote for Murphy to try keep out the snp. He's still not confident that Jim will keep his seat tho. Reckon that's his only chance really.

My dad is a labour activist in East ren, he's been saying a lot of tories are telling him they'll vote for Murphy to try keep out the snp. He's still not confident that Jim will keep his seat tho. Reckon that's his only chance really.

I suppose for your average tory there is not that much difference between a still economically Blairite labour and their own party. The "red"???? Ed's have agreed to mimic tory economic spend plans afterall.

Archived