Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

Well, I for one am definitely considering getting knocked up so that I can get a minimum wage income and live in a council flat in Govan. What a blissful existence.

The alternative is what exactly? That young mothers who don't work end up on the streets? We should be proud that we can look after our population like this.

I can't believe this has been going on for three pages FFS. Block the fascist c**t and move on.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to go where you can get a two bedroom flat for £150 a month. Is that where the streets have no name?

And no pavement.

Intermittent electricity

That Pete lad isn't far wrong to be honest. Benefits to a single mother on benefits is around £13,000 a year tax free. However within that sum they need to pay their housing rent which for a 2 bed flat in glasgows g51 area is around £150 - 200 a month.

Is G51 the postcode for Soweto? The single monther could probably get a business class flight for a few grand (as long as the kid is under 2 and travels free) which is well within their price range. :rolleyes:

Holy f**k. We have a 1 bed council flat in one of the cheapest renting LAs in Scotland and we're just under 50 a week.

A single mum of one sprog will get 72.40 IS 20.50 CHB and 63 CTC plus rent and council tax reduction. Anyone who thinks this is some sort of milk and honey existence is quite clearly a Fucking idiot.

Holy f**k. We have a 1 bed council flat in one of the cheapest renting LAs in Scotland and we're just under 50 a week.

A single mum of one sprog will get 72.40 IS 20.50 CHB and 63 CTC plus rent and council tax reduction. Anyone who thinks this is some sort of milk and honey existence is quite clearly a Fucking idiot.

But some of them have Sky and that mate, WHAT'S THAT ALL ABOUT?!

Also, and I should stress this: of the young / single mothers I know, not one of them has an iPhone, because toddlers are literally designed to break the fucking things. The choice of phone for the young mum is the indestructible Nokia feature phone from 2004.

That Pete lad isn't far wrong to be honest. Benefits to a single mother on benefits is around £13,000 a year tax free. However within that sum they need to pay their housing rent which for a 2 bed flat in glasgows g51 area is around £150 - 200 a month.

Clearly I am getting scammed given I'm pretty sure the last time my rent was under £200 a month was at least five years ago.

My dad is a labour activist in East ren, he's been saying a lot of tories are telling him they'll vote for Murphy to try keep out the snp. He's still not confident that Jim will keep his seat tho. Reckon that's his only chance really.

The Tories had 30% last time. A relatively even SNP-Labour split would make it a three way marginal. Suspect a lot depends on how hard the Tories push that angle and make it one of their target seats.

I saw an unemployed single mother eating a Twix at the weekend. True story.

Meanwhile, immigrants and health tourists are getting kit-kat chunkys and chocolate oranges, while the British working man gets a mere freddo.

Disgusting.

There's a calculation form within the governments direct.gov.uk website that tells you exactly what a single mother is entitled to.

Whilst I agree we should be supporting single mothers in order to keep the children out of poverty, some of the mothers pretty much refuse to work. I know one who has an 8 year old child and hasn't worked for 9 years and refuses to work as she'd only get a minimum wage job and pretty much doesn't want to work anyway. Whether or not she'll get much extra money working minimum wage or not, she should be out working.

Whilst minimum wage isn't great for a single mother, I do believe the government should be topping this up to allow them to live a comfortable enough life instead of handing them free cash every week for no return.

Any proof of housing costs at £150-£200 month for a 2-bed?

If I knew he was at those gates today I would have went down, hilarious it would have been. This is his most popular policy, and is so populist it is unbelievable. There are far more important things to be sorted out. This should be brought up tonight though.

Archived