Support for 2nd independence referendum

Colkitto

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At last, something approaching a reasonable effort to explain the concept, well done it certainly beats the denial, lies and it doesn't matter anyway style of approach from some.

Unfortunately it does not cover the linking of it with talk of 'generation' and 'lifetime'.

It is also a bit patronising to those inclined to vote yes, its not as if they were faced with an array of choices (or opportunities) on the paper that they really had to differentiate between- but maybe they got it right on the evidence of some of the yes folk on here.

aye whatever, not this same old garbage, now off you pop

The previous referendum was tremendous comedy. It would be glorious to have another opportunity to enjoy the utterly crestfallen types like yourself seething when the Scottish electorate absolutely torpedoes them.

You must have recurring nightmares though with the voices in your head saying 'bbbbbbut internal polling... radical independence polling. .. Car stickers..Facebook likes....we were going to win!!! Sobbing uncontrollably'.

That was great :D

Was it such a laugh that you took a fortnight off work beforehand as I seem to remember a distinct drop in posting activity after the pro-yes vote (or it could have been the Anthony C Pick moment!).

This boy's got some neck with this shitey sheep patter.

FJlNYS0.jpg

Don't think, do what you're told.

You can go over this till the cows come home, bottom line is this, The no side were not interested in what was true, they were not interested in what was best for scotland, they were not interested in what was best for the ruk , they were not interested in pensions jobs and the nhs, they were not interested in giving the voters an informed choice. they were ONLY INTERESTED IN WINNING

They have the status quo, they can have good elections and absolute howlers of elections so long as they maintain the union they can always come back another time and recover their support again. lose it and its gone forever. there wouldnt be enough room for them all in english politics.

A smaller uk would have less power and inluence in the wider world, it would be a massive dent in their ego to lose 30 odd percent of their territory to seperatists. politics isnt about right or wrong , its about winning.

They should be talking about being the publics loyal servents but instead they talk about being in power. go figure

Was it such a laugh that you took a fortnight off work beforehand as I seem to remember a distinct drop in posting activity after the pro-yes vote (or it could have been the Anthony C Pick moment!).

Well that's clearly lies isn't it?

I told clowns like.. Well.. You really... Who were wallowing in car sticker and badge fail that No were absolutely certain to win the referendum all the way through. Including in the fortnight before the referendum.

I left the embarrassing fail to the likes of you. Very very amusing.

We re going to do this !!!! Oh dear...

Well that's clearly lies isn't it?

I told clowns like.. Well.. You really... Who were wallowing in car sticker and badge fail that No were absolutely certain to win the referendum all the way through. Including in the fortnight before the referendum.

I left the embarrassing fail to the likes of you. Very very amusing.

We re going to do this !!!! Oh dear...

:rolleyes:

Majority of Scots now support independence

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/scotland/article4296629.ece

Scottish support for the SNP has hit record levels, according to a new poll - and now a majority of Scots support independence from the UK.

Well, that wasn't supposed to happen after a No vote! :lol:

Majority of Scots now support independence

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/scotland/article4296629.ece

Scottish support for the SNP has hit record levels, according to a new poll - and now a majority of Scots support independence from the UK.

Well, that wasn't supposed to happen after a No vote! :lol:

That was inevitable, after a No vote. Indeed had it gone the other way I could imagine support for Indy being pegged back a bit as well - you'll always get a wee bit of buyers remorse.

Having said that, the most interesting bit for me is that the 51% of voters who think Smith doesn't go too far includes 20% of No voters - which would've been enough for Yes to pull ahead on the day, which suggests (on limited data) that the 'vow' indeed was the decisive factor in that final week or two, and that there is a sense of having the wool pulle dover folks eyes regarding it now.

Archived