Celtic v Rangers

hoopy1967

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a documentary from February 2005, Scotland's secret shame or something and one of the words deemed to be sectarian is the h word, this documentary came out a year before any Villarreal game. As this debate seems to be coming up near enough every two weeks on this site, I will repeat my points in the previous debate again , the reason the word is deemed sectarian/political is the way it is used in Northern Ireland and also some in the west of Scotland. For many such as lichtie it is just a term meant for rangers fans and nothing else but for some it is a word with a deeper religious/political meaning, it really is as simple as that.

Are you serious? Just because Lichtie is from the east coast it doesn't automatically mean he is any less bigoted than the scum we see on a Saturday / Sunday up the Gallowgate.

There is a documentary from February 2005, Scotland's secret shame or something and one of the words deemed to be sectarian is the h word, this documentary came out a year before any Villarreal game. As this debate seems to be coming up near enough every two weeks on this site, I will repeat my points in the previous debate again , the reason the word is deemed sectarian/political is the way it is used in Northern Ireland and also some in the west of Scotland. For many such as lichtie it is just a term meant for rangers fans and nothing else but for some it is a word with a deeper religious/political meaning, it really is as simple as that.

Best Rangers fan on P and B you ;):) well said

Are you serious? Just because Lichtie is from the east coast it doesn't automatically mean he is any less bigoted than the scum we see on a Saturday / Sunday up the Gallowgate.

I have heard on many occasion people say 'I'm a *** mate' when discussing what team they support. I don't mean it in a bigot way, I don't even know what *** actually means.

Of course there will be bigots through the east coast and other areas of Scotland aswell no 8 , what I meant was that many other teams fans out with yer average celtic fan / green brigade member will simply use the term as a nickname for rangers fans without fully understanding or being ignorant to the meaning it has to the Protestant/catholic divide, but that is simply the reason the word is banned. Wether lichtie is ignorant to that fact or not I am unsure , that is up to him to clarify he is clearly passionate in regards to his views on independence and has an agenda against rangers fans on that regards due to his perception that all rangers fans are unionists but I don't think it is religiously motivated.

Of course there will be bigots through the east coast and other areas of Scotland aswell , what I meant was that many other teams fans out with yer average celtic fan / green brigade member will simply use the term as a nickname for rangers fans without fully understanding or being ignorant to the meaning it has to the Protestant/catholic divide, but that is simply the reason the word is banned. Wether lichtie is ignorant to that fact or not I am unsure ,he is clearly passionate in regards to his views on independence and has an agenda against rangers fans on that regards due to his perception that all rangers fans are unionists but I don't think it is religiously motivated.

I've always used and believed the H word as a slagging term to describe a Rangers fan, the fact it is a term used in other parts of the country with darker origins does not mean those using it here are doing so with sectarian intentions.

I can understand though why on places like here it is not allowed, I suppose its similar to when the word 'paki' being an abbreviation of 'pakistani' became hijacked by racists and bigots meaning those who, just using it as the abreviation of Pakistani quickly had to cease doing so, although that didnt happen overnight due to force of habit I suppose

I have heard on many occasion people say 'I'm a *** mate' when discussing what team they support. I don't mean it in a bigot way, I don't even know what *** actually means.

In relation to the whole northern Irish, Protestant v catholic, which as we all know plays a huge part in the history of rangers and celtic rivalry the word h@n was used by nationalist/Catholics as a derogatory term for the unionist/Protestant community , hence why some nationalist areas have the graffiti k.a.h dubbed on the walls being an abbreviation of kill all h@ns. In one of the previous debates a poster posted lyrics to an Irish rebel song which made reference to Britannia's hns. The kah has also been graffitied onto orange halls etc Obviously this use of the word transferred quite easily over to Scotland in regards to the divide and along with others was used by rangers and celtic fans to insult each other and is why it is not uncommon to hear phrases such as orange walks being labelled 'h@n' walks, the expression "h@n" or "proddy"schools. I have even heard a church being referred to as a h@n church growing up in Glasgow Obviously there are other words uses by the other side which were transferred over aswell Incase anyone thinks I am just banging on about the use of the word h@n, however just explaining that it is this political/sectarian meaning which makes the word a banned word .

In relation to the whole northern Irish, Protestant v catholic, which as we all know plays a huge part in the history of rangers and celtic rivalry the word h@n was used by nationalist/Catholics as a derogatory term for the unionist/Protestant community , hence why some nationalist areas have the graffiti k.a.h dubbed on the walls being an abbreviation of kill all h@ns. In one of the previous debates a poster posted lyrics to an Irish rebel song which made reference to Britannia's hns. The kah has also been graffitied onto orange halls etc Obviously this use of the word transferred quite easily over to Scotland in regards to the divide and along with others was used by rangers and celtic fans to insult each other and is why it is not uncommon to hear phrases such as orange walks being labelled 'h@n' walks, the expression "h@n" or "proddy"schools. I have even heard a church being referred to as a h@n church growing up in Glasgow Obviously there are other words uses by the other side which were transferred over aswell Incase anyone thinks I am just banging on about the use of the word h@n, however just explaining that it is this political/sectarian meaning which makes the word a banned word .

I never knew it was a word to slander Protestants, thanks for that, I'll think before I say it on these boards again.

6 warning points please :P

A lot of Celtic and Rangers fans came out of hibernation for the first time in three years yesterday, fancy that?

They are the worst people on the planet. They couldn't care less about football, they only live to hate each other.

But yes, Scottish football desperately needs this.

I love posts like this.

Just bask in that seeth.

What on earth would I be seething about? :1eye

Sounds like hibs scottish cup final appearance in 2012

Would you settle for a 5-1 defeat if you were offered it?

:lol: Brilliant. I love it when the kiddy-pkastics show who their big team is.

Oh-Stop-You-Laugh-Point-Gif.gif

You are a complete roaster of a man Kincardine.

Archived