Celtic v Rangers

hoopy1967

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scottish football making national football headlines and then that t**t Stuart Cosgrove leads the "Oh my goodness. They're an obscenity" patter. What a f**kw**kbawbag.

The OF are keeping Scottish football in existence

Pretty sure everyone would still support their clubs regardless of whether Celtic and the newco were in existence or not, Infact maybe teams would get more fans through their gates if the prospect of a league title was up for grabs, stop havering shite

http://www.celticfc.net/news/7002

This ^ links to the Celtic official website that posted the story about the draw at 16.58. The time stamp is still on the story.

So the draw must have been played 'as live' by the BBC, rather than live. Or...the result was 'pre-arranged'. Or someone at Celtic is psychic.

Or, the article was created at 16.58, and as soon as the balls were picked out it was a case of editing it to put the names in the right places and hitting publish.

If you read it, it's not an article about Celtic drawing rangers. It's a plain piece where someone just types "Rangers" into the gap then adds the two others after "the other semi final".

BBC would have done the exact same thing to ensure they were one of the first to announce draw, then went back and actually edited the article to fatten it up. Celtic clearly left theirs as it was.

We're the only country in the world convinced our cup draws are rigged. It's cringeworthy.

Having seen my team play both sides in the last six weeks I'd say Celtic are comfortably the better side. I was satisfied with our performance yesterday, a bit disappointed about the goal we gave away. After the Rangers game I was annoyed that we played so negatively and didn't put them under pressure - we showed them too much respect. Clearly Celtic will be strong favourites.

The game is months away though and form can change. Also, Celtic have lost in cups to poorer sides than this Rangers team in recent seasons. I don't think it would be a jaw-dropping shock if Rangers shit-fested a 1-0 win.

Oh and I think I speak for all non-Old Firm fans when I say I always hope for 90 minutes of complete lunacy, loads of fights, red-cards and a bit of crowd trouble at these games.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/7002

This ^ links to the Celtic official website that posted the story about the draw at 16.58. The time stamp is still on the story.

So the draw must have been played 'as live' by the BBC, rather than live. Or...the result was 'pre-arranged'. Or someone at Celtic is psychic.

...or the techies at the Celtic website got a bit too eager when rolling the clocks back last weekend.

This belief that the Old Firm is some sort of world famous derby is a bit cringey. Its basically the only really serious derby in Scotland, and one of the biggest derbies in the UK. But do McCoist and the Scottish media really think its one of the biggest derbies on the world? I struggle to believe that everyone in Brazil, Spain, South Africa, Australia and Tokyo will be glued to the telly to watch Lee Wallace and Kris Boyd v Charlie Mulgrew and Leigh Griffiths.

It is certainly a rivalry known throughout the world. That has nothing to do with the current crop of players at each club. Everyone knows about river plate v boca juniors but I doubt that many of us actually tune into the game

Oh dear. How many cliches were killed in the making of this post? Is this the level of desultory badinage we have to thole from the brain-dead diddies between now and January?

So wondering about a statistic is a clichè?

Go google Domestic Violence statistic rates in Scotland and the link to football games. Especially when the OF played each other. OF games can double the domestic violence rates. Hardly a clichè!

I just hope in all these years the fans of Celtic and Sevco have learned to keep their fists to themselves and realised that its only a game. hardly a reason to beat up their partner/wife/child.

We're the only country in the world convinced our cup draws are rigged. It's cringeworthy.

We're not at all, theres plenty of moaning from smaller sides fans in France and Italy at cup draws, your ignorance just clouds your judgement.

Dear Celtic,

Please take double figures off this absolute abortion of a football club.

Regards,

A'body else.

Although i despise the green bigots as much as the comedy club bigots, that would be fuckin hilarious if it happened.

So was Motherwell v St Johnstone, doesn't mean the whole of Europe was clamouring to see it.

Bayern Munich v Dortmund is a pretty big fixture, but I don't remember hearing many people go nuts over it. A few may have given it a watch but people here think fans all over Europe are planning their day around the Old Firm match.

The Superbowl is on that same day. It'll have more interest from yoorup.

I really couldn't care less if its shown elsewhere or if the Super Bowl is on the same day.

I don't think anyone is suggesting or has that people "plan their days around it" so why say that?

Like it or not though, it is the biggest game within Scottish football. It will be one of the games TV stations will want to show if given the chance compared with any other Scottish game.

It's just the typical mouth breathers who come on a thread like like, not to discuss the game, but desperately looking for anyway to try and downplay anything involving either club that might be seen as some sort of positive.

Yup. Screening 90 minutes of sectarian and racist abuse around the world is definitely a positive thing for Scottish football.

You're going to be a dad soon, maybe time to give up the trolling

Archived