Dundee FC vs St Johnstone

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can just picture you saying that stood next to your Massey Ferguson tractor. Hay hanging out your mouth whilst cleaning your oily hands on a rag.

Keep your sordid fantasies to yourself if you don't mind.

Dundee really seem to have some weirdos in amongst their support, that Pheonix lad should stay off the glue as well.

Back to the game, the home match this season was about as inept as we have been amongst some really poor performances this season. Are Dundee still trying to build from the back as much? Did it against us at McD and felt there was good opportunities to press as they didn't look that comfortable playing it our, but for some reason we sat off and watched, then in the following match I think it was Utd got two early goals from pressing them high up and forcing mistakes.

Has Harkins been in good form, he was the best player on the park that day??

Yes, still building from the back. We are extremely comfortable doing so, McAllister near fucked it twice that game though. As he has a few other times. I see Davidson is back for Saturday, reckon he will start?

EDIT : Murray, not Ian.

Had to say. He's a better player than MacDonald individually but a few of us feel the midfield has a better shape with MacDonald in there, muzz can sometimes be a bit "maverick" positionally!

Having won our first game in ages I think the manager will start with the same team as last week:

Mannus

Mackay Anderson Wright Easton

Croft MacDonald Millar O'Halloran

McFadden

Graham

In fairness, that was after the Titanic sank so that's a start. We were just about to send somebody to the moon, the swinging sixties were in full flow and the Vietnam War was ongoing. Memories that the majority of Dees won't remember. Shame that.

It was a good year fur the tatties 'tho.

Keep your sordid fantasies to yourself if you don't mind.

Dundee really seem to have some weirdos in amongst their support, that Pheonix lad should stay off the glue as well.

Back to the game, the home match this season was about as inept as we have been amongst some really poor performances this season. Are Dundee still trying to build from the back as much? Did it against us at McD and felt there was good opportunities to press as they didn't look that comfortable playing it our, but for some reason we sat off and watched, then in the following match I think it was Utd got two early goals from pressing them high up and forcing mistakes.

Has Harkins been in good form, he was the best player on the park that day??

Yet another team who just happen to have had their worst game of their season against us. Strange that.

Yet another team who just happen to have had their worst game of their season against us. Strange that.

Don't worry, your team thoroughly deserved to win that day. We have been awful for a couple of months, in amongst that was the game against Dundee where we had no shots at goal. There have been other contenders but that one is certainly in the bottom 3. However, if it makes you feel better it was our best match of the season and Dundee played like Real Madrid to overcome our silky play.

I see Davidson is back for Saturday, reckon he will start?

EDIT : Murray, not Ian.

I don't see any reason to change a winning side just to include him, he's not been the same player since coming back from his latest injury and struggles to keep his position.

We played worse against Inverness, although the last ten minutes were better than at any point against Dundee. We've been absolutely brutal since we played Celtic, in fact we've been brutal since that dodgy as f**k penalty got given against us.

Yeah, much prefer Muzz as a player to Macdonald but can't see us changing a winning team, even though I though Macdonald was a bit of a headless chicken against Motherwell. He was lucky Millar had an excellent 90 minutes IMO.

At the home game I actually thought Dundee looked very uncomfortable when we pressed them as they tried to play out from the back. Three or four times in the first half they panicked and just passed the ball forward to no-one in the middle of the park allowing us to turn over possession in a dangerous area.

For some reason we gave up on pressing properly after about half an hour. That killed it for us really. That and we were absolutely shite for long periods.

Feel we're defending better now than we were during that run (provided O'Halloran doesn't try to beat men on the edge of his own box) and we've still been creating decent chances in most games. First goal crucial here I think.

I think we're defending better because we've got 4 players all playing in their correct position and one of them isn't Gary fucking Miller.

I'd start the same 11 as we did against Motherwell. Poor Crofty is going to get absolute pelters from the Derry for his rather large waist line.

Archived