St Mirren vs Partick Thistle Saturday 8 November

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought McGuigan started up front against Queen's Park.

The last game I can remember Christie starting as our centre forward was a 1-1 draw against Raith in Kirkcaldy. That was the September of the tittle-winning season.

I remember him playing up front against Ross County six months earlier in Dingwall, flanked by Erskine and Naismith. He looked so much out of his depth, much more so than, say, Garry Wood (now at Montrose) did at County the season before. It shows how far hard work can get you.

I remember him playing up front against Ross County six months earlier in Dingwall, flanked by Erskine and Naismith. He looked so much out of his depth, much more so than, say, Garry Wood (now at Montrose) did at County the season before. It shows how far hard work can get you.

TBF, he's not a striker and had never played there before we signed him, yet Jackie persisted with him there despite many thinking he'd be a lot more useful in his natural position outwide.

I had totally forgotten about Naismith, another of our many wonderful Rangers loanees! Elliott doesn't have the touch or positional awareness to play centre forward. I could see why McNamara tried it as he's a hard worker with a good physique and isn't a bad finisher. Out on the wing pace, power and a good work ethic can get you pretty far in the SPL. He's our version of Ikechi Anya, knows his limitations but gives absolutely everything. I was dead set on getting rid of him in the summer despite appreciating his workrate, but I'm delighted to be proven wrong.

Another home game, that will ruin my Saturday. Wonder if I should book Argentina v Scotland Rugby tickets to escape the misery.

The group I go with has dwindled down as people gradually stopped going because it is so bad this year!

Its only going to get worse in my eye's from top to bottom the club needs cleared out. Even the shinning lights of last year Kelly McGinn Mclean are suffering because of thee sh*te on the park.

He's our version of Ikechi Anya, knows his limitations but gives absolutely everything.

This is the second time in a week I've seen this comparison so I'm assuming you posted it on WAP, too.

He's nothing like Anya. For a start, his horrific first touch means that any advantage gained by beating an opponent in a foot race is inevitably lost. Examples of this were apparent in our games against St. Johnstone and Motherwell. I'm not sure if he's even particularly quick. Secondly, he's completely lacking in composure.

He tries hard. That's it. We're a better side without him than we are with him.

I saw Connor Wickham in the Sunderland game last night and I think that's a more apt comparison. Good physique, runs about, hard to discern his position or what he does for the team but, alas, he plays. If that guy can get a game in the Premier League then Christie can too.

This is the second time in a week I've seen this comparison so I'm assuming you posted it on WAP, too.

He's nothing like Anya. For a start, his horrific first touch means that any advantage gained by beating an opponent in a foot race is inevitably lost. Examples of this were apparent in our games against St. Johnstone and Motherwell. I'm not sure if he's even particularly quick. Secondly, he's completely lacking in composure.

Horrific first touch?

Decent pubs in Paisley town centre? Is there an off-sales near the ground for the way home?

Cheers.

Bull inn is a great boozer. The Wee Howf is great, the last post is fine for a weather spoons but you'd need to cover up.

The Bankhouse is away fan friendly, Jason that runs it is a top lad.

Nearest offy to the ground is at the top of Well Street I think, 10 minutes from the ground, then it's a straight walk down to the station.

I don't think the newsagent near the ground on McKenzie Steeet sells booze.

Check the train times and be back in Glasgow from St James in 15 minutes.

Decent pubs in Paisley town centre? Is there an off-sales near the ground for the way home?

Cheers.

Dave has covered all the pubs. For cans it really depends which way you're going. If heading straight to Paisley St James then no, there are none. If milling about Paisley and going from Gilmour St then there is the Co Op. Few offies on way to, and on, Well St also.

Wasn't me that posted it on WAT, but I had thought it before seeing that.

Anya is obviously a much better footballer than Elliott, but he's still technically poor compared to the other players around him. He's aware of his limitations though and never tries too much, if he doesn't have the space to beat a man with pace he'll stop and play the square pass, never tries to take on the creative role that others in the team are much better at. He adds physical attributes to the side that we lack without him and is a decent finisher if he does get a chance. He's defensively responsible, willing to track fullbacks backs to help out his defence and is becoming popular with the support because of his willingness to run all day for the team.

I'd say all of that could equally be applied to Elliott. Of course rests on the premise that Anya isn't a particularly good player, which I suspect many people don't agree with. Elliott's strength isn't so much his pace alone (although I think he's quicker than the rest of our team with the exception of O'Donnell) as his combination of pace and strength.

Bull inn is a great boozer. The Wee Howf is great, the last post is fine for a weather spoons but you'd need to cover up.

The Bankhouse is away fan friendly, Jason that runs it is a top lad.

Nearest offy to the ground is at the top of Well Street I think, 10 minutes from the ground, then it's a straight walk down to the station.

I don't think the newsagent near the ground on McKenzie Steeet sells booze.

Check the train times and be back in Glasgow from St James in 15 minutes.

Cheers mate. We were told Hamish's Hoose was a good shout and I see The Wee Howf is just a few doors along, so we'll head up there I think.

Archived