St Mirren vs Partick Thistle Saturday 8 November

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Ball absolute donkey or is he just not getting the correct service? On little evidence I've seen he seems to fall into the overweight guff category.

Fraser being back in the starting line up would be sexy.

And yet one of his few goals came against Thistle.

Because, as Sergie alluded to, it was put on a plate for him. Wee need to cut off his supply, so the full back areas are crucial. That means binning Jake Carrol.

Because, as Sergie alluded to, it was put on a plate for him. Wee need to cut off his supply, so the full back areas are crucial. That means binning Jake Carrol.

Wouldn't have said that - decent cross but he did well to stretch and direct it into the corner.

How many of the St Mirren absentees from yesterday are expected to be out next week?

For us, you could change half the team no problem, if SOD and Eccleston are fit and Bannigan's appeal upheld (it won't be, obvs) we'd have a full squad for the first time in about 2 years.

I'd go for Gallacher ahead of Fox, I think most fans shout more during the game than Fox. Our first choice back 4 should be:

SOD

Frans

Seaborne (note the lack of "u")

McMillan

As for the midfield and attack, I'd say only Osman, Higgy, and Lawless are automatic picks on ability / form at the moment- Lawless has come on a ton this season, I wouldn't have offered him a contract in the summer based on last season but fair play to him.

It'll be interesting to see who we play, Higgy as centre forward might have worked to an extent yesterday but that shouldn't be his position- I'd like to see us play him as a #10 (hate that term, mind). Or we could even play Welsh there, I thought his best run of form came at the start of the title winning season where he was playing as the attacking midfielder ahead of Paton and Murray.

Or we could go 4-6-0...

Assuming O'Donnell is back and Fraser is fit to start, I'd go with:

......................Gallacher

O'Donnell...Frans...Seaborne...McMillan

..................Osman...Fraser

........................Lawless

Elliott...................................Higginbotham

........................Doolan

I can't pick a winner between these teams, but I think St Mirren will be second.

As for the questions over whether Callum Ball is a donkey or just lacks service, 'Callum Ball' is the insult used amongst donkeys when one of then drops a child from it's back on Blackpool beach.

I can't pick a winner between these teams, but I think St Mirren will be second.

As for the questions over whether Callum Ball is a donkey or just lacks service, 'Callum Ball' is the insult used amongst donkeys when one of then drops a child from it's back on Blackpool beach.

:lol:

Assuming O'Donnell is back and Fraser is fit to start, I'd go with:

......................Gallacher

O'Donnell...Frans...Seaborne...McMillan

..................Osman...Fraser

........................Lawless

Elliott...................................Higginbotham

........................Doolan

I like the choice of keeper.

Drop Doolan and get Christie up front.

#unleashhell

Out of interest, when was the last time Christie Elliot started up front as the centre-forward? Did it happen last season? I don't remember it happening in the title winning season. Surely it's not 2011-12?

Out of interest, when was the last time Christie Elliot started up front as the centre-forward? Did it happen last season? I don't remember it happening in the title winning season. Surely it's not 2011-12?

Last time I can think of was the 5-4 against queens park in title winning season. He scored I'm sure.

I thought McGuigan started up front against Queen's Park.

The last game I can remember Christie starting as our centre forward was a 1-1 draw against Raith in Kirkcaldy. That was the September of the tittle-winning season.

I thought McGuigan started up front against Queen's Park.

The last game I can remember Christie starting as our centre forward was a 1-1 draw against Raith in Kirkcaldy. That was the September of the tittle-winning season.

Think your right actually.

Archived