Peterhead Thugs vs Dunfermline

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never mind the football, how cheap is the social club at the ground for a pint?

Looking forward to this as never been to Balmoor. I don't expect there to be as many scything challenges / seethe from Peterhead this time; you'd like to think they'll have learned their lesson. But if they do want to turn it into that sort of contest it is important that the Pars players keep their discipline like they did in the earlier game.

Going to be stopping off in Ellon on the way up for the short ceremony in memory of Gary Riddell too. Really nice touch from the club.

Never mind the football, how cheap is the social club at the ground for a pint?

Looking forward to this as never been to Balmoor. I don't expect there to be as many scything challenges / seethe from Peterhead this time; you'd like to think they'll have learned their lesson. But if they do want to turn it into that sort of contest it is important that the Pars players keep their discipline like they did in the earlier game.

Going to be stopping off in Ellon on the way up for the short ceremony in memory of Gary Riddell too. Really nice touch from the club.

With a very few exceptions most away fans usually enjoy their trips to Balmoor & would hope you do likewise.

As for the previous game will not bother going over old ground but hope to give Dunfermline a game of it with a full complement of players on the park at the end.

With regard to your stop off in Ellon on the way to pay your respects to Gary Riddell that is good to hear that his efforts on & off the park for Dunfermline are still remembered. Knew him personally mainly through the golf & the club here in Ellon have a couple tournaments in his memory, The Pars Trophy for the team he played for & The Gary Riddell Memorial Trophy, he was a fine loon. Hope you enjoy your trip but leave the points with us on Saturday.

- the red v Stranraer was never a straight red, not in a million years

- the Stranraer players deliberately overreacted to the challenge and the 'victim' looked up at what the ref was going to do, then rolled back down and milked it for another couple of minutes. He left the pitch and re-entered play without any severe discomfort.

- the referee was Stranraer's 12th man after the erroneous red card, every challenge was a foul and all but one got a yellow card. Two similar challenges by Stranraer players - one was not given as a foul and another cynical trip was not rewarded with a yellow card

- Stranraer's contribution to the game after the red card - which they managed to win by being big and physical and pushing very high up the pitch to stop Peterhead playing rather than by playing good football themselves - was a display of diving, play-acting and time-wasting

Any questions? Oh wait I have one - how much was in the brown envelope slid under the ref's dressing room at half-time?

- the Stranraer players deliberately overreacted to the challenge and the 'victim' looked up at what the ref was going to do, then rolled back down and milked it for another couple of minutes. He left the pitch and re-entered play without any severe discomfort.

- the referee was Stranraer's 12th man after the erroneous red card, every challenge was a foul and all but one got a yellow card. Two similar challenges by Stranraer players - one was not given as a foul and another cynical trip was not rewarded with a yellow card

- Stranraer's contribution to the game after the red card - which they managed to win by being big and physical and pushing very high up the pitch to stop Peterhead playing rather than by playing good football themselves - was a display of diving, play-acting and time-wasting

Any questions? Oh wait I have one - how much was in the brown envelope slid under the ref's dressing room at half-time?

The excuses are the same, but once again we haven't seen a successful appeal against it. You can look to blame opponents and refs if you want and yea it may be true once in a while, but when you're getting players sent off with such regularity then it might just suggest you have a discipline problem, unless you recognise that then you have no chance of solving it. You can continue to harm your chances of winning games and pay a nice fine at the end of the season if you want but most clubs want to avoid doing that.

Guest TOPFITTER

So the player catches his opponent with a straight leg whilst being off the ground and well after the ball has been last touched, out of control, reckless and a foul adds up to a RED Card nowadays, perhaps not agreed with in Peterhead though.

The awarding of any card of censure is nothing to do with a players reaction unless it is to that player for that reaction and it is deemed ungentlemanly or unsportsmanlike or likely to incite an unwanted reaction. Amazed at your mind reading skills to know what anyone else is thinking or looking at and their reasoning, thought of taking up Psychiatry?

Stranraer too big and physical...ROTFL,,,,,so pathetic it's laughable coming from a supporter of the League's recognised ill-disciplined hackers who whinge ceaselessly when things don't go there way. Guess you want your ball back???

Absolute comedy gold. Thanks for giving me a good laugh and brightening up this miserable November day.

post-33799-0-89843900-1415364124_thumb.j

Comedy Gold - most def.

Embarrassing - yes.

The sooner the players get a grip and fans realise that refs are not out to get us the better.

I have to say that I didnt think it was a red when I seen it. But what was he doing going flying in on the halfway line for a needless challenge? If it was a last man professional foul you can understand were the player is coming from but he forced the ref to make the decision. Although it did look like the ref reached for his yellow at first then changed his mind. All of our Red cards and most of our yellows have been for stupid challenges that didn't need to be made or arguing with the ref.

With a very few exceptions most away fans usually enjoy their trips to Balmoor & would hope you do likewise.

As for the previous game will not bother going over old ground but hope to give Dunfermline a game of it with a full complement of players on the park at the end.

With regard to your stop off in Ellon on the way to pay your respects to Gary Riddell that is good to hear that his efforts on & off the park for Dunfermline are still remembered. Knew him personally mainly through the golf & the club here in Ellon have a couple tournaments in his memory, The Pars Trophy for the team he played for & The Gary Riddell Memorial Trophy, he was a fine loon. Hope you enjoy your trip but leave the points with us on Saturday.

Cheers. Pals of mine who follow other clubs have had nothing but praise for a day out at Balmoor, and this will mean I've watched the Pars play at 41 of the 42 grounds - just got Cliftonhill to go!

Aye it was a nice idea by the club to contact Gary's family - particularly poignant as its 25 years since he passed. I was too young to see him play, but my old man and others certainly felt he had ability. To lose his life at such a tragically young age, and in the circumstances of helping others, is awful.

The Pars - from John Lunn in the 1970s to leukaemia, to Gary and then Norrie in 1996 - have been hit by three real tragedies in its recent history. It's important they are remembered and I hope Gary's family will take a bit of comfort to know that he is remembered by both the club and its supporters.

ETA - When I was younger there was a tournament competed for in Gary's name involving local youth teams in the Dunfermline / West Fife area (or it may have been schools?) Not sure if it's still played though.

Whether it was or not doesn't matter the ref called it. Stupid tackle with no attempt to play the ball. Knee high and late. I would suggest the peterhead fan who posted that daft long reply start blaming his own team and not other teams antics. Peterhead lost the plot. No 4 prob should have walked as well. Off the ball kick at Stoney. Then pushed him over. Then constant verbals at us and a few needless hand gestures. Pathetic.

Anyway better team won ask your manager who seemed to accept defeat with respect.

Cheers. Pals of mine who follow other clubs have had nothing but praise for a day out at Balmoor, and this will mean I've watched the Pars play at 41 of the 42 grounds - just got Cliftonhill to go!

Aye it was a nice idea by the club to contact Gary's family - particularly poignant as its 25 years since he passed. I was too young to see him play, but my old man and others certainly felt he had ability. To lose his life at such a tragically young age, and in the circumstances of helping others, is awful.

The Pars - from John Lunn in the 1970s to leukaemia, to Gary and then Norrie in 1996 - have been hit by three real tragedies in its recent history. It's important they are remembered and I hope Gary's family will take a bit of comfort to know that he is remembered by both the club and its supporters.

ETA - When I was younger there was a tournament competed for in Gary's name involving local youth teams in the Dunfermline / West Fife area (or it may have been schools?) Not sure if it's still played though.

I played in the tournament also, hope it's still going.

Archived