Peterhead Thugs vs Dunfermline

Whether it was or not doesn't matter the ref called it. Stupid tackle with no attempt to play the ball. Knee high and late. I would suggest the peterhead fan who posted that daft long reply start blaming his own team and not other teams antics. Peterhead lost the plot. No 4 prob should have walked as well. Off the ball kick at Stoney. Then pushed him over. Then constant verbals at us and a few needless hand gestures. Pathetic.

Anyway better team won ask your manager who seemed to accept defeat with respect.

I thought for a moment you were describing Stranraers No 8, Steven Bell's challenge on Nickey Riley in the first half, now that was late, high and from behind and resulted in a yellow card, it was a far worse tackle than Donaldson's and should have met with the same punishment. The diference was that Riley got straight back up on his feet instead of rolling about like he had been mortally wounded. Bell then in the second half induged in a blatant piece of simulation which was waved aside by the referee when he should have been shown a second yellow, within 2 minutes he had been subbed so at least his manager recognised he was lucky to still be on the field. The problem with referees is a total lack of consistency maybe because they don't get their hospitality at Peterhead now but they certainly seem to turn a blind eye when it suits them.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many players making deliberate trips are made by jumping off the ground ? Only peterhead ones apparently.

I guess we better not try and header the ball either. He certainly wasn't off the ground when he actually made the challenge.

Whether it was or not doesn't matter the ref called it. Stupid tackle with no attempt to play the ball. Knee high and late. I would suggest the peterhead fan who posted that daft long reply start blaming his own team and not other teams antics. Peterhead lost the plot. No 4 prob should have walked as well. Off the ball kick at Stoney. Then pushed him over. Then constant verbals at us and a few needless hand gestures. Pathetic.

Anyway better team won ask your manager who seemed to accept defeat with respect.

If this was the incident in the corner then you need to get a reality check. The push was in response to the Stranraer player flicking his foot back into the groin of Ross, who then gave him a push. No surpise that the referee didn't see it though as the ball was well away. The linesman only seen the push. :rolleyes:

I am not going to argue with this if you base it on overall performance. We certainly had a couple of clear-cut chances in the first half that might have made the difference.

Laugh of the day - The guy that was tackled in the red card, standing at the sidelines wanting to fight the supporters and wanting to take it outside :1eye . I didn't realise that Balmoor was classed as an indoor arena. :lol:

Certainly would not argue that we have been on the wrong end of some decision's this season most teams will have given the standard of quite a few refs. Its time our players took on board that no matter if the officials get things wrong they are not going to change their mind so they just need to keep their heads & get on with things. Know the manager has been frustrated by the way things have been going especially avoidable cards but its up to the players keep their discipline on the park no matter how frustrating it can be. You never know we may get a break at some point.

If this was the incident in the corner then you need to get a reality check. The push was in response to the Stranraer player flicking his foot back into the groin of Ross, who then gave him a push. No surpise that the referee didn't see it though as the ball was well away. The linesman only seen the push. ]

That's not true. We were over in corner. Your player came flying in. Fouled our guy. Then he got up and the no4 pushed him to the ground. Got the incident on video. Anyway who cares we won. 5_0 and then 1_0. Next.

,, That's not true. We were over in corner. Your player came flying in. Fouled our guy. Then he got up and the no4 pushed him to the ground. Got the incident on video. Anyway who cares we won. 5_0 and then 1_0. Next.

Were you the guy shouting 4 your a fucking w****r constantly? Classy.

I was the guy standing 2m from the incident.

Your re-collection of the incident is flawed in so many ways. For a start, it wasn't a foul according to the officials. The linesman flagged for the push. Secondly, the guy never went to ground so how he managed to get up I have no idea.

As you said, you won. Well done.

I thought for a moment you were describing Stranraers No 8, Steven Bell's challenge on Nickey Riley in the first half, now that was late, high and from behind and resulted in a yellow card, it was a far worse tackle than Donaldson's and should have met with the same punishment. The diference was that Riley got straight back up on his feet instead of rolling about like he had been mortally wounded. Bell then in the second half induged in a blatant piece of simulation which was waved aside by the referee when he should have been shown a second yellow, within 2 minutes he had been subbed so at least his manager recognised he was lucky to still be on the field. The problem with referees is a total lack of consistency maybe because they don't get their hospitality at Peterhead now but they certainly seem to turn a blind eye when it suits them.

Seems to be a common theme, everyone is definitely cheating. It's definitely not that they're actually in pain. No sir.

Archived