Peterhead Thugs vs Dunfermline

Jesus wept. I just hope - come the end of the season - you lot are still giving it laldy.

What do you expect? Win every game easy? We're not sevco.

Moaning we don't have a goal scorer? We signed Moffat! Look how good he was.

Losing goals? We signed Buchanan. He's an excellent player at this level.

We're not even half way through the season and some of our fans have already browned their knicks. What's the rush? Just calm the feck down and chill. We will win the league. It's evident that we've got a good team - surely, even the most simple minded can see that it's gonna take a little more time to hit our full potential! It's going to come FFS , just give it time ya old firm wannabes. . .

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus wept. I just hope - come the end of the season - you lot are still giving it laldy.

We're not even half way through the season and some of our fans have already browned their knicks. What's the rush? Just calm the feck down and chill. We will win the league. It's evident that we've got a good team - surely, even the most simple minded can see that it's gonna take a little more time to hit our full potential! It's going to come FFS , just give it time ya old firm wannabes. . .

^^^ seal happy to accept garbage found.

last season we seemed to start playing after going 1 or 2 goals down and we mostly come back to win, this season we cant seem to keep a lead which is worrying since we seem to have a better defence. and moffat we all know what he can do. the difference is ayr played the way he was suited, punt a long ball to him around or in the box and he scores. with us hes picking it up from half way line and made to dribble etc and i reckon thats why hes not looking like a great signing. given time he will come good again

Why should it take time to hit our potential though? We've a big squad, plenty of experienced players, full time training. Very few injuries/suspensions (credit must go to JJ and the coaches for this as I can't remember a less injured/suspended bunch than this current squad) to contend with.

I know nothing is won or lost at this stage in the season but I can't see where any dramatic improvement is to come from. Already we've seen the part timers around us hit sticky spells yet we've been incapable of taking advantage. We've taken one point from a possible 12 in the games against the other two top sides to date. If we only got to the play offs we repeatedly prove incapable of doing anything other than wilting in crunch games. There was even a vague attempt from JJ at moaning about the windy conditions yesterday. A windy day at a League One ground. Who could have possibly seen that coming?

I've every faith that we have the playing squad to win this league with style yet they look like frightened rabbits on the pitch at times. JJ has had everything he could wish for in terms of patience and support from fans, backing from the board in terms of signings, staying full time, a fairly vibrant u20 setup he can pluck players from.

Still, just like every Sunday recently, we know that we could be top again come next Saturday night. Reassure me it's all going to be okay and that folk are getting their knickers in a twist by being impatient!

Thought it was really funny Jeffries mentioning the wind, can hardly remember a better day for a game at Balmoor, we have had games played when goalkeepers could hardly clear their own box with kicks, if there was a wind yesterday it was not noticeable to me & certainly not anything to affect the game. As mentioned by some Dunfermline fans they have a capable squad of full time players which look good if left to play the game how they would like, would think even the part time teams in this league will know its well worth having a go at them by now so they may find it harder if put on the back foot.

His excuses are getting beyond pathetic now. The wind? Jesus fucking Christ. Every week we hear the same shite about a young squad as well, it's absolute nonsense.

You only have to look at threads like this to see fans of other teams are pissing themselves at how shite we are yet we've just to put up with it because it'll all come together in the end. We'll see how that goes once we end up in the play-offs, narrowly squeeze by your average part-time team then get pumped in the final by either Cowdenbeath, Alloa et al

We have to win the league this year or it's part-time football. I have no faith whatsoever that Jefferies will deliver this.

What's all this about Pars fighting among themselves? Didn't see anything at the game and from what I hear it was two fans pissed up and scrapping. Hardly a massive split between the support with fans turning on each other and going mental like some are desperately trying to make out. I thought the support was surprisingly positive, with far leass moaning than I expected. Quite a few fans even clapped the team off (although quite a few booed them off).

Thought we were decent enough first half and were the better team playing some alright stuff. Second half we just sat back more and more as the game went on and the equaliser seemed inevitable.

Regarding Moffat, he's clearly a decent player (that run in the second half where he skinned a couple of players was quality) but to me it seems like his problem is he does 'too much'. He was frequently dropping really deep and was all over the place often resulting in him putting through passes, putting in crosses and setting up others to do those things. This meant he wasn't the one on the end of a final ball or worse no one was up front. It seems to me that he needs to be told to be more of a poacher and to do 'less', although no doubt our dickhead fans would then moan at him for being 'lazy' and start trotting out the moron cliches about 'not trying', 'doesn't care','no passion etc'.

Have to add a bit about the Peterhead keeper. He was getting it tight from quite a few fans behind the goal in the second half (including myself) and when the equaliser went it was giving it big 'get it up yees!' gestures. I thought it was quality and most Pars fans thought it was amusing and accepted it for the good football banter it was. Sadly a few precious pieces of crap were furious over it. Surprised they never ran off and told the police, being careful to omit that they were giving out abuse in the first place. p***ks like this shouldn't bother going to games.

I think because of the formation we play teams know they can sit narrow. There's absolutely no space for Moffat to make those runs into the middle I'm the danger areas, he's an intelligent player though and the runs he's making are opening up gaps for Faiss etc.

If we played with two wide mid fielders and told them to stay wide I genuinely reckon we'd get the best out of him.

First time seeing the Pars since the 3-0 win over Airdrie and it was pretty fucking upsetting to see us unable to win matches like that. No excuses for a squad like ours, with the (what has been mentioned before) budget, training facilities and the fact we're a full-fucking-time team.

I thought that dropping down into League 1 would be a small blip in terms of the club's history, but we're starting to look like a team that's happy to stay at this utter pish level of football. We should be easing past teams like Peterhead when you compare the squads but we're making teams like that look good. The goal we conceded was unacceptable for a team at any level above Sunday league and the tactical management of this team needs to change - i.e. Jefferies, GTF.

Even after playing as shite as we have, we're still in a promotion spot (I know it's early on) and the thought of having us play like that in the Championship is frightening, we would get fucking horsed week in, week out.

Noticed a comment about fitness - I did notice myself that we went from attacking with pace and keeping the ball for long, to sitting with 9 men behind the ball and not even looking capable of a counter-attack within the space of about 3 minutes. The f**k's going on there? It should be obvious who the full-time team is during most of our games this season but Peterhead looked far fitter than us in the last 15 minutes, their goal was always coming.

Also, how the f**k did big Gozie even get a sniff of English Championship football at Reading, he looked very handy in his first few games for us but he now looks as though he hadn't seen a fucking fitba' until a fortnight ago.

Stranraer to big and physical...LOL.

What a load of rubbish.

Peterheads record re discipline speaks for itself.

To much sea air for you I think.

Get real and stop blaming other teams.

We were obviously to physical when we gubbed you 5-0 at Stair Park.

Stranraer to big and physical...LOL.

What a load of rubbish.

Peterheads record re discipline speaks for itself.

To much sea air for you I think.

Get real and stop blaming other teams.

We were obviously to physical when we gubbed you 5-0 at Stair Park.

Archived