Peterhead Thugs vs Dunfermline

Moffat is needing dropped.

The guy was signed with the assumption being that he was the best striker in the league and he can't even score a goal.

Unfortunate that Wallace isn't available as of yet. Ayr are free to have him back imo, he couldn't score in a brothel with 2 grand in each pocket.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moffat is needing dropped.

The guy was signed with the assumption being that he was the best striker in the league and he can't even score a goal.

Bit harsh tbh. Was one of our better players (not saying much) but you can tell he's lacking in confidence.

The most galling thing is that I and the Pars fans around all saw the equaliser coming.

Well I have to say I expected a bit more from Dunfermline. They looked good with the ball but didn't create much and we put them under a lot of pressure for the last half hour, which they didnt seem to cope with. Thought our midfield was a bit lightweight but we were up against a full time team. At least that is an imporcement from the 5 - 0 last game and keeps us in touching distance of the play offs.

Also why do Dunfermline fans not like Andy Rodgers? A few of their fans seemed to be getting in a spot of bother with the coppers for their abuse at him.

Is he not the one that went off on a rant on Twitter calling a Falkingham a wee dick?

Bit harsh tbh. Was one of our better players (not saying much) but you can tell he's lacking in confidence.

The most galling thing is that I and the Pars fans around all saw the equaliser coming.

Maybe he's needing dropped to give himself a shake.

Absolutely no point continuing to play him if his head is not in the game. Hasn't scored in his last eight games. Give someone else a chance.

- the red v Stranraer was never a straight red, not in a million years

- the Stranraer players deliberately overreacted to the challenge and the 'victim' looked up at what the ref was going to do, then rolled back down and milked it for another couple of minutes. He left the pitch and re-entered play without any severe discomfort.

- the referee was Stranraer's 12th man after the erroneous red card, every challenge was a foul and all but one got a yellow card. Two similar challenges by Stranraer players - one was not given as a foul and another cynical trip was not rewarded with a yellow card

- Stranraer's contribution to the game after the red card - which they managed to win by being big and physical and pushing very high up the pitch to stop Peterhead playing rather than by playing good football themselves - was a display of diving, play-acting and time-wasting

Any questions? Oh wait I have one - how much was in the brown envelope slid under the ref's dressing room at half-time?

Utter pish, don't waste your time writing drivel like this.

Well at least it was a game today & although Dunfermline knocked the ball around for quite a lot of the game was happy enough with a draw especially as we finished the game the stronger team. Although there was nothing too contentious in todays game it helped that the referee handled it sensibly.

For those from the club at Dunfermline & I believe a good few of their supporters that stopped off at Ellon in memory of Gary Riddell met with his father by chance outside Balmoor who said that it was a great gesture by folk from Dunfermline to remember Gary in that way, so well done to those that were there.

Was the Peterhead thuggery leaking into the away end?

Must have been but the one punch i did see land was a cracker,sore pus for some fifer in the morning when he sobers up courtesy of his fellow fan

We should be skooshing this league with the budget/resources we have, but we've made poor signings (bar Buchanan :wub: ) who haven't added to the squad and has left us stalemate in terms of performances from the tail-end of last season a la utter pish.

Had we taken even four points from the EEP double header with Forfar and Morton then a point at Peterhead wouldn't be awful. Not good in the circumstances though and not a positive sign that we've conceded another late goal.

edit- JJ saying we should have won easily but couldn't take our chances. I've heard that one, I could swear I have...

Think he did mention in his interview on our site "there was a wind got up" have to say having seen Dunfermline twice they may win a stats league for most passes completed but if teams really have a go at them think they will be struggling for the actual title.

Archived