Mighty Killie vs S.hitey County

Hopefully this game won't be played in a monsoon again and the stewards pipe down after their shambolic performance last season.

Central Staggies are meeting at Central Station for the 11.12am train and I imagine we'll head to Fanny By Gaslight again.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Killie will be favourites due to the plastic pitch advantage

We are struggling to the find a team. But take away losses to the best 2 teams in the league in my view (Celtic & Aberdeen) we have picked up points in the last 3 games. So I hope we can get a point at least on Saturday.

I don't buy into this pitch making Killie favourites for games. Tbh our game on Saturday I wouldn't say the way the pitch played was much different from any of our other games this season. We played our normal game and beat them quite comfortably.

We'll be favourites due to the fact that we're a better team who are 15 points ahead of you in the table.

You bitch.

Of the Ross County games I've seen this season, Killie were the most mediocre opposition they've faced, IMO, Slater aside. It took two howling defensive errors for Magennis and Obadeyi to score. I appreciate that they have improved since then and it's great to have Eremenko in better form, from an outside perspective.

Irvine has been County's best central midfielder this season. I've really taken to him. He's perfect for when McIntyre wants County to play a high pressing game. This tackle on Lasley is glorious.

https://gfycat.com/EsteemedAshamedCutworm

He has also shown some really nice touches. His drag back before playing the through ball for Gardyne's "offside" goal was pleasing on the eye.

http://gfycat.com/SlowAlienatedAtlanticbluetang

Later in that game, he pulled off a Zidane-esque pirouette on the other touchline to get away from a couple of players. But the next time he got the ball, he passed to no-one and out of play. I guess that's the Jackson Irvine Killie fans will remember. I do think he's improving all the time, however.

Killie will be favourites due to the plastic pitch advantage

We are struggling to the find a team. But take away losses to the best 2 teams in the league in my view (Celtic & Aberdeen) we have picked up points in the last 3 games. So I hope we can get a point at least on Saturday.

Shouldn't be used as an excuse. Do we not have a plastic pitch at our Stadium that we can practice on this week? Pretty sure we do.

Don't want to see Arquin anywhere near the first team for this one, his performance against Aberdeen was the last straw for me I have run out of patience with him. Even an unfit Liam Boyce will be a better option uptop.

Don't want to see Arquin anywhere near the first team for this one, his performance against Aberdeen was the last straw for me I have run out of patience with him. Even an unfit Liam Boyce will be a better option uptop.

WeirdComplexAmazontreeboa.gif

Really think Maatsen deserves another chance. Even if the logic in it is just to play the 'Sproule role' with his electric pace. Arquin was hopelessly isolated out of the game on Monday night.

I have to agree.

There weren't any players breaking beyond Arquin against Aberdeen, when County tried to counter attack there was no-one there to support him. I think Arquin could have done better with his movement as I explained on OTB, but there was sod all for him to work with far too often.

When County have a team of players who are generally good but not great, and in a bit of a rut, I can't help but think it would be handy to have someone who is great at one particular thing to pierce a defence. And Maatsen is among the quickest players over 20 yards that Ross County have ever had. Gardyne and Cardle are nippy and agile with canny movement, but they won't out-sprint a defender side by side. When Cardle came on and was up against Considine, he couldn't beat him for pace so had to go on to his left foot.

Maatsen is skillful, yet very erratic. But he's a game changer. He should be in the match day squad every week as far as I'm concerned.

I like the look of Spain's team but would probably prefer to see Woods or Kiss in for Dunfield. I'm also in full agreement about Maatsen being included in the matchday squad - I'd have him ahead of Joe Cardle every week.

Strangely looking forward to seeing the "plastic" pitch (at least there won't be any surface water related shenanigans this time around). Last time I saw County play a competitive game on one was probably at Alloa in 2007.

I like the look of Spain's team but would probably prefer to see Woods or Kiss in for Dunfield. I'm also in full agreement about Maatsen being included in the matchday squad - I'd have him ahead of Joe Cardle every week.

Strangely looking forward to seeing the "plastic" pitch (at least there won't be any surface water related shenanigans this time around). Last time I saw County play a competitive game on one was probably at Alloa in 2007.

Just a shame for wee Joe that this isn't on Tele.

Shouldn't be used as an excuse. Do we not have a plastic pitch at our Stadium that we can practice on this week? Pretty sure we do.

I just put the plastic pitch in for a wind up, it worked

Boyce may not have Arquin's pace, but he is a clever player. Surely if we have someone playing close enough to him he is worth a shot.

Think the result will be down to how County play more than Killie. The difference between some of our performances this season and our potential has been massive.

I just haven't been impressed with Kiss for quite some time now. He's too willing to shirk away when the going gets tough, and in Scotland, that happens a lot. He's supposed to be the sliding Slovak, the tough-guy in midfield. But why was he the only one wearing gloves the other night, other than the guy from the Caribbean? He just doesn't fancy it most of the time and thinks he's better than he is. He needs a stint on the bench to get the message through to him.

Re: Dunfield or Woods, I've not seen enough of them to split them to be honest, but Dunfield struck me as a more defensive version. If we're to play Arquin, Gardyne & Carey in midfield, then I just felt we needed to be as defensive and balanced as we could with the other two players i.e. Irvine & Dunfield.

Brittain will probably be starting again beside Irvine, but going from previous reports this will likely be Brittain's last game before his expected operation.

That means Woods will probably be competing with Kiss for the higher position for this match.

And with Barr out, we'll almost certainly see Reckord start at left-back.

http://t.co/tZFp8m3Hze

I think Frempah would definately be a better option than Boyd for this game, purely for his dominance in the air whereas Boyd often struggles against bigger strikers like Magennis.

I would like to see Boyce starting up front with Arquin playing just behind and Gardyne and Carey on the wings. Hopefully that way Arquins hard work can still be a positive asset and Boyce's fitness may not be as much of an issue.

Archived