Heart of Midlothian v Celtic

Elixir

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry but that was never ever ever a red card.

Launched into it with both feet off the ground. Even if you don't think it's a red, you can surely see why he's made that decision?

It'll be even funnier if Hearts win this now, but there's little chance.

I think it was a red, absolutely no need to lunge in with both feet, if scott brown was half a foot further up he could have had his leg broken.

@ 7 minutes in it's a silly challenge.

Tend to agree but it's the inconsistency I hate - even within the same game never mind with different refs.

The SFA seem happy with situation despite the danger posed by such tackles. We've got a guy out for two months due to Millers' 'yellow card' level challenge.

Sorry but that was never ever ever a red card.

Ridiculous challenge. Red card all day long.

And herein lies the problem with the modern game. Nobody, not even the referees have a clue what is a red card or not - games shift depending on what mood the ref is in that day.

On one hand you can say it's a red because it was dangerous, on the other you can say that he didn't even touch Brown.

I've seen them given as red, seen them as yellow, and seen them as 'play on, got the ball'. The game is fecked!

At first glance, I thought that was a shocking decision given that the challenge was side on. On the replay though, it was clearly a far more shocking challenge which left the ref with no option.

Bloody stupid. Hearts now need to play with ten men and without their best player for almost the whole game. Am I right in saying Gomis was due to miss the game against us next week anyway? He surely is now.

Archived