The Playoff Picture 2014

lichtie23

So as we come to the end of week 10 the playoff picture is beginning to take shape.

As it stands..........

NFC

1- Arizona Cardinals (West)............8-1

2- Detroit Lions (North)...................7-2

3- Philadelphia Eagles (East)..........6-2

4- New Orleans Saints (South).......4-5

----------------------------------------------------------

5- Dallas Cowboys...........................7-3

6- Seattle Seahawks........................6-3

----------------------------------------------------------

Green Bay Packers (6-3)

San Francisco 49ers (5-4)

Minnesota Vikings (4-5)

Carolina Panthers (3-5-1)

Atlanta Falcons, NY Giants, Washington Redskins, St Louis Rams, Chicago Bears (3-6)

The Cardinals dream season continues but the loss of Carson Palmer is a huge blow. I think the Seahawks will pip them to the West division crown though I still think they will be one of the wildcards. The Eagles can open up some breathing room on the Cowboys with a win over the Panthers tonight and a win next week as Dallas are on a bye week. A loss tonight though would see the Cowboys leap Philly in the division and take the 3rd seed spot The battle between the Lions and Packers in the North should be fun. The South is just a mess

AFC

1- New England Patriots (East)........7-2

2- Denver Broncos (West)................7-2

3- Indianapolis Colts (South)............6-3

4- Cleveland Browns (North)............6-3

------------------------------------------------------------

5- Kansas City Chiefs........................6-3

6- Cincinnati Bengals.........................5-3-1

------------------------------------------------------------

Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Ravens (6-4)

San Diego Chargers, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins (5-4)

Houston Texans (4-5)

So the Browns currently hold the 4th seed in the AFC which is surprising. The battle for the North is going to be superb with all 4 teams currently having winning records. Cant see the Patriots or Broncos throwing away there leads.....unless Brady and Manning get hurt. Colts should be safe in the South. The wildcard race has the potential to be a cracker,

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the NFC, I think the top 4 will reach the playoffs (Lions might slip to 5th Seed) with the Packers and Cowboys joining them. Seahawks have a tough schedule the rest of the way.

In the AFC, I think the top 3 are a given. Chiefs will also make the playoffs over the Chargers (who they beat in Week 17). The rest is up to the AFC North. This is very tough and will go down to the wire in Week 17 with Bengals @ Steelers and Browns @ Ravens. I'll go for Benagls and Steelers for no reason at all.

Giants spring to mind. :P

I think the Packers are a juggernaut that no one wants to play now. They will take the division.

I agree about the Giants.....in 07 we just got hot at the right time. Another team I would put in that boat are the Ravens of 2 years ago

I would actually say we've got fairly even schedules too, so it's possible:

Texans

Bengals

Titans

@Jags

@Colts

Ravens

Jags

Colts (after tonight)

Jags

Skins

@Browns
Texans

@Cowboys

@Titans

Edit: I predicted an 8-8 finish for us though, which wouldn't be enough. But you never know, we might pull something off. Meeting the Jags twice and the Titans at home will help the cause.

Pats now 2 clear which, even tho we have to to green bay, you would hope would be enough to miss the wildcards and with tie breaker over Colts and Broncos really should give us home field advantage.

One potential hiccup is the possibility of the phins winning out and winning the division. Haven't seen their schedule but having to go to Wisconsin and still a game against us to come you never know.

The Race for the number 1 pick is gonna be a good one as well.

Currently stands

1- Raiders (1-10)

2- Jaguars (1-9)

3- Buccaneers (2-8 )

4- Titans (2-8 )

5- Jets (2-8 )

6- Redskins (3-7)

7- Giants (3-7)

8- Panthers (3-7)

The bucs are 2 games out from a home play off game! Let's just let that sink in for a minute!

They really should just cancel the NFC South this year and have an extra wild card place!

Remember it wasn't that long ago that the NFC West was in this situation.

Archived