African Nations Cup 2015

HibeeJibee

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHAT THE f**k?! That is absolutely scandalous behaviour.

I'm not one to denigrate the ACN and claim that any piece of shit refereeing is down to corruption because jumping to that conclusion immediately is based on lazy stereotyping, but that referee has serious questions to answer. Staggering incompetence.

Referee been banned now for 6 months after his wonder performance.

No surprise. Obviously his all-round performance was terrible and the penalty was a shocking call, but the thing that baffled me the most was his handling of stoppage time.

Two minutes of stoppage time indicated, pretty much bang on the clock turning to 120:00 a rammy broke out and he failed to calm it down. At 122:00 play still hadn't resumed and he blew for full-time. That is just staggering stupidity: if you indicate two minutes of stoppage time and the ball isn't in play for two minutes, you add on another two minutes. Is it so much to ask that a referee can count?

I'm usually a fan of the ACN but that's two tournaments in a row now that have been disappointing. Would probably have helped if they'd taken three years between tournaments when switching from even to odd years rather than doing three in four.

So CAF are now threatening Tunisia with expulsion from 2017 as they refused to apologise for accusing CAF and the referee of bias, having been fined for the reaction of their players at full-time already.

While it's ridiculously excessive, it's quite right that Tunisia get some kind of punishment for throwing around accusations of bias against CAF: by all means complain about the appalling standard of refereeing, but wild accusations of bias against the continental federation by a national federation can't go without some kind of punishment. A fine would be far more appropriate than expulsion of course.

With that in mind, look back at the comments the President of FEGUIFUT (Equatoguinean FA) made after having a goal wrongly disallowed for offside in their first game against Congo.

The federation considers that the annulment (of the goal) is part of a planned action to complicate the passing of the Nzalang Nacional of Equatorial Guinea to the quarterfinals... this is an injustice and possibly a predetermined action of the referees

Those who watched it will recall that Equatorial Guinea also had an offside goal wrongly given in that game.

No surprise. Obviously his all-round performance was terrible and the penalty was a shocking call, but the thing that baffled me the most was his handling of stoppage time.

Two minutes of stoppage time indicated, pretty much bang on the clock turning to 120:00 a rammy broke out and he failed to calm it down. At 122:00 play still hadn't resumed and he blew for full-time. That is just staggering stupidity: if you indicate two minutes of stoppage time and the ball isn't in play for two minutes, you add on another two minutes. Is it so much to ask that a referee can count?

I'm usually a fan of the ACN but that's two tournaments in a row now that have been disappointing. Would probably have helped if they'd taken three years between tournaments when switching from even to odd years rather than doing three in four.

All game he liked the sound of his whistle didn't let the game flow one bit. Penalty was a shocking call as in real time it looked like a clear dive just to see if they could get it into extra time as I'm sure it was near the last seconds of the match. Pretty sure all game(might of been another game in tournament) there was really heavy tackles from the start which was worth bookings but he just let them go and thats when he lost control of the match.

In the final stages of extra time just summed up his game altogether. Scuffle on and off the field for a couple of minutes and as soon as the ball was back in play he blew for full time before even the full 2 minutes added time was played and without adding the delay aswell.

Shocked by just how poor African football is...recall around 8-10 years ago it looked like they were starting to lose the naivety in tactics especially defending and really thought....another Wordl Cup or 2 they could start to pose a threat ..maybe a semi -final and who knows. Maybe I've seen the wrong games but technique and standard is woeful....Ghana v Equatorial Guinea AWFUL AWFUL stuff

Archived