St Mirren v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

TheScarf

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full time 1-1.

Weren't on it second half at all. Our returners tired as expected, and ICT dominated and probably should have won it in the end.

Encouraging from us though. Compared to Hamilton last week that performance was a huge improvement.

Inverness are the second best team in Scotland and we're still in the cup.... Em... Good!

Inverness on a Tuesdsy night though... :(

Inverness should have won it really but after the events of the last week its good to have something positive.

Osbourne was out on his feet by half time, as was McGinn. Thompson didn't look fit at all but his presence was enough to keep the Inverness defenders occupied. Although I reckon he touched the ball about 10 times the whole time he was on.

Clearly TC knew he needed to get something today and gambled on the fitness of all 3.

Draper was on a booking and should have been sent off in the second half.

Absolutely dreadful performance from Saints in the second halt.

ICT all over us.

Thankfully their shooting was as bad as their build up play was good.

Is Ross Draper the new ghost? That's two games in a row at St Mirren Park that he has managed to stay on the park after 3 or 4 yellow card offences.

Did St Mirren play with the "gay abandon" that the auld yin was talking about before the game?

If by "gay abandon" you mean "sit deeper and deeper and hope to god the opposition don't equalise" then yes.

First half was average from us, nice finish from Cheesy. Marwood is the new Lewis Guy with less offsides and less goals.
Second half was awful - dunno if it was because we got worse, they were much improved or a mix of the too. We created one thing at the start of the half and that was it. It was only a matter of time until they scored - great defending for the goal - and then they should have won comfortably. Thank Christ Raven in particular didn't have his shooting boots on.
We must have been bloody atrocious last week if that was an improvement and there were positive signs.
Would be nice to know what Draper needs to do to get sent off against us. Lucky for it not to happen in October, today he got booked for a similar challenge to what Goodwin was sent off for against Motherwell and then should have got a straight red for flattening Osbourne. I look forward to Sportscene focussing on him...

Decent first half performance, rotten second half performance. If Raven or Christie had been able to shoot, Caley would have won by a few goals. Having said that, if someone had just stuck their laces through it during that utter stramash then we may well have won it.

Don't have a clue what Gay Abandon was playing at starting the 3 unfit players and leaving Drury on the bench. Osbourne had a good first half but McGinn and Thompson were miles off the pace as you'd expect. Naismith had a good game and Cheesy took his goal really well. Kelly had a very nervy second half and Marwood is just useless. It's clear that we need to get a few players signed in January, whoever the manager is.

I'm glad we're still in the cup but we could have really done without an extra fixture. An attendance below 2,000 is worrying too.

Forgot to mention that Draper should have been off too. I like the big guy, he always brings a bit of drama to proceedings. After he got booed today, he gave a wee thumbs up to the West Stand and a few folk went apeshit. :lol:

Missed last week's debacle but that was awful today. ICT should be embarrassed they didn't hit a winner considering the amount of openings they created. Don't think we even got the ball in their box in the second half. We have too many players that simply would not cut it in the Championship never mind the SPL.

Just before kick off today Chick Young reported that St Mirren would be losing £5k on this game due to the poor crowd. Between inevitable declining crowds and the financial hit the club will take if they go down, the board should cut their losses and punt Tommy just now.

Personally I think he should stay though.

Just before kick off today Chick Young reported that St Mirren would be losing £5k on this game due to the poor crowd. Between inevitable declining crowds and the financial hit the club will take if they go down, the board should cut their losses and punt Tommy just now.

Personally I think he should stay though.

Would be interesting to know if they are £5k out of pocket or it's £5k they had budgeted for that they'll miss out on due to poor crowd, corporate etc.

Someone will know better than me but I thought Scottish Cup gate receipts were only split after costs were dealt with (or a per centage taken off to cover costs).

Absolutely dreadful performance from Saints in the second halt.

ICT all over us.

Thankfully their shooting was as bad as their build up play was good.

Can he do it? Can he finally go a week without blaming the ref...? :o

Is Ross Draper the new ghost? That's two games in a row at St Mirren Park that he has managed to stay on the park after 3 or 4 yellow card offences.

disappointment.gif

Would be interesting to know if they are £5k out of pocket or it's £5k they had budgeted for that they'll miss out on due to poor crowd, corporate etc.

Someone will know better than me but I thought Scottish Cup gate receipts were only split after costs were dealt with (or a per centage taken off to cover costs).

What was the attendance today? If that was the case a rather large chunk of Scottish teams would lose money on cup games. Seems like a silly statement unless all clubs accept losses at cup games and compensate with the lease (LOL).

Completely dominated the game and barely let St Mirren touch the ball. Should have scored a barrowload but wasn't to be. Was surprised to see Doran on the bench I felt without him and the suspended Watkins we looked extremely narrow. I had the fear when Draper went in for that tackle and can't believe a second yellow wasn't produced. If we play like that again then we should win the replay. Hopefully the game is picked up by TV meaning ££s for the club.

To be fair to serial seether Bobby F he's right on this occasion. Draper was exceptionally lucky to stay on the park today.

Agreed.

Personally I thought that challenge on McGinn was a straight red, never mind a second yellow. I thought a second yellow would have been kind.

Remarkably, he didn't even get the second yellow!

Archived