FC Zürich taking legal action after "Horror challenge"

Ross.

Just catching up on the weekends football over here, having been in Liverpool on a stag do.

Sandro Wieser, who plays for my local side FC Aarau received a straight red at the weekend for what looks to be a career ending challenge, with the opposition side looking to take legal action against him.

Video can be found here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/video-fc-zurich-launch-legal-proceedings-against-fc-aaraus-sandro-wieser-after-horror-tackle-threatens-gilles-yapiyapos-career-9854157.html

There have been court proceedings for bad tackles before - the most famous recent one was a Man Utd youth player who had Alex Ferguson and others speaking on his behalf at his hearing.

I figured there might have been but the only one I could think of was the boy Buust, but he took legal action after retiring.

I don't think the boy has gone in to do him. He turns his back on the challenge and shites it, it was just very unfortunate that the Zürich players foot planted straight into the ground. Well worthy of a substantial ban though,

when did david busst go to court and who did he try to take to court. i remember that incident and it was only a collision between him, denis irwin and another united player (was it mclair?) there was no malice and his leg simply got stuck underneath on the turf, kinda reminds me of henrik larsson's injury at celtic but obviously much worse in terms of injury

when did david busst go to court and who did he try to take to court. i remember that incident and it was only a collision between him, denis irwin and another united player (was it mclair?) there was no malice and his leg simply got stuck underneath on the turf, kinda reminds me of henrik larsson's injury at celtic but obviously much worse in terms of injury

Thinking about it, it wasn't Busst. It was Paul Elliot who took Dean Saunders to court.

Didn't Ian Durrant take legal action against Neil Simpson? I know that in the late 70s/early 80s Dunfermline player Jim Brown's career was ended by St. Johnstone's John Pelosi and Brown successfully won his case againsy Pelosi.

There have been court proceedings for bad tackles before - the most famous recent one was a Man Utd youth player who had Alex Ferguson and others speaking on his behalf at his hearing.

That rings a bell, yeah! iirc they argued that as a promising youth player he would have made millions out of his career had he not been forced into early retirement.

Think they settled in the end and he got a fair whack - guy is a coach now, if I'm not mistaken.

edit: found it! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7553678.stm

I don't think the boy has gone in to do him. He turns his back on the challenge and shites it, it was just very unfortunate that the Zürich players foot planted straight into the ground. Well worthy of a substantial ban though,

Yep the turning away and then the look on his face makes one think that this was not a Roy Keane job.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived