Queens v Raith

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watch the recording of the game. James Fowler is some cool dude he must have been confident we were going to win as whenever the camera panned onto him he was just sitting back in the dugout.

Can anyone tell me when was the last time we lost a league game at Palmerston to a team below us at kick off?

Dumbarton last year would be my guess.

I am not absolutely certain and will try to have a look later but I think Dumbarton were above us before that game.

However if it wasnt that one then I think you will have to look back through about three managers to find it happen!

Having now had a chance to look it WAS Dumbarton last year. They came to Palmerston with 7 points so far last season, one less than us. So not quite as long a run as I thought but still we've only once in three and a half seasons lost a home league game to a team below us. We have become very adept at not losing the games we shouldn't in theory lose, particularly at home.

We've been very consistent over the last 2 or 3 years. Johnston's team was admittedly too good for the division it was in but it lost two games all season, both away, one to a penalty and one after the title was already won when we made a few changes to the starting eleven. McIntyre's side lost five home league games, the top three once each, the fast starting Raith last season and that Dumbarton one. In fact McIntyre's side didn't lose ANY game to a team below them apart from the midweek trip to Stark's Park late on last season after September. And Fowler has lost two games since he took over, one to Hearts in which we played pretty well and were unlucky not to be one or two up before Hearts got started and one to Cowdenbeath when we didn't turn up ourselves until half time and couldn't pull back the 2-0 lead we'd given them.

Personally I thought we played reasonably well yesterday but certainly not as well as we can. We probably played better up at Starks Park actually albeit we then collapsed in the last half hour or so after Mark Stewart came on. It was a professional performance though and a deserved win. Our home record this season in the league now reads, Played 7, won 5, drawn 1, lost 1. We've scored 12 and conceded 4 at home and Hearts got three of those. The only other team to manage a goal so far was Livingston who scored a penalty to equalise and take the only other points we've dropped at home.

Big couple of games ahead now. We've given ourselves a good cushion as "best of the rest" and indeed are still above one of the big three but that could soon evaporate if we lose the next two. I'm looking forward to seeing how we now measure up to Hearts and Rangers though.

No-one is ecstatic about being above the likes of Raith Rovers, that's expected. Queens have finished above Raith in 9 of the last 12 seasons and your run isn't likely to improve this season. Far from occasioning 'ecstasy', finishing above Raith this term would be unlikely to produce much more than a barely stifled yawn.

Correct

Highlight of the game was the camera focusing on a group of Queens fans beside their drummer with one of them giving it big licks towards the Rovers fans. Beating us meant so much to that man.

That was the same group that ran right round to near the Rovers end when they scored their 1st goal & were banging on the bus after the game, quite cringeworthy really!

We are brutal but i have actually seen us play worse than that this season which shows how bad we were in that game.I also think for the 1st goal there was a shove on our defender and in the 2nd half we should have had a penalty.I would need to watch the game again to see if that was true or not although it doesnt take away from the fact q.o.s were far better in all departments and deserved to win.The board need to take a long hard look at things and get this sorted otherwise we will go down which is a severe possibility.As for going for tickets to get in what a carry on that was.

That was the same group that ran right round to near the Rovers end when they scored their 1st goal & were banging on the bus after the game, quite cringeworthy really!

Have to agree. I was sitting just along from the away fans and can't remember ever seeing the 'young team' coming over to that end of the ground before. Saw a policeman and a couple of stewards telling them to move soon after. Not sure what they were trying to avhieve.

They were trying to get us for some reason and even came round to the away end after the game looking for a scrap.A bit of banter that could have got out of hand.No queens fans got jumped up at kirkcaldy thats for sure otherwise we would have heard about it.

Have to agree. I was sitting just along from the away fans and can't remember ever seeing the 'young team' coming over to that end of the ground before. Saw a policeman and a couple of stewards telling them to move soon after. Not sure what they were trying to avhieve.

one of them was trying to achieve being run over when he decided to walk towards my minibus with his arms outstretched giving it the big man, thing is he looked about 16 and would have shat it if I had stopped the bus and the guys on board had got out, one of his mates also threw something which bounced off my windscreen, this was as we were driving out from the road behind the ice rink. Bit of a shame really as I've only ever met decent Queens fans before and enjoy a trip to Palmerston.

Having now had a chance to look it WAS Dumbarton last year. They came to Palmerston with 7 points so far last season, one less than us. So not quite as long a run as I thought but still we've only once in three and a half seasons lost a home league game to a team below us. We have become very adept at not losing the games we shouldn't in theory lose, particularly at home.

Don`t disagree with what you are saying but really hope we aren`t revisiting that statement after the Brora cup game next week. :P

They didn't get a flag robbed off them did they? Seems to be happening a fair bit lately.

considering the standards that fly from the fence at Central Park I wouldn't be bringing up flags if I were you...

Flag came home safe and sound just in case you were worried and find it hard to believe any rovers fans at that friday night game jumped queens fans.If anything it may have been 1 or 2 local idiots with nothing to do on a friday that did so but doubt it.

Archived