Queens v Raith

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont worry liam we wont go over old ground again. :thumbsdown

pretty sure Liam was replying to CC, wondered myself how long it would take before he was posting here, surprised he left it so late tbh, he must have more posts per thread than me on a lot of Raith Rovers threads, I suppose we should feel honoured he finds us so interesting.

pretty sure Liam was replying to CC, wondered myself how long it would take before he was posting here, surprised he left it so late tbh, he must have more posts per thread than me on a lot of Raith Rovers threads, I suppose we should feel honoured he finds us so interesting.

He seems to appear in our threads quite often as well. Don't blame him, mind, I'd be looking to discuss anything but Cowden if I supported them as well. Grim.

Lol.

Aye it was CC I was replying to then Quinny's post appeared when I hit post for mine :lol:

I'll take Queens being average every week if we keep winning! Third in the league this season is great at the moment. Bring on Hearts and The Rangers next two league games.

4th October: QOS 0 - 3 Hearts

30th August Rangers 4 - 2 QOS

F2 A7 GD -5

Deluded or what.... :)

4th October: QOS 0 - 3 Hearts

30th August Rangers 4 - 2 QOS

F2 A7 GD -5

Deluded or what.... :)

It`s time to stop now BB. We get your point. We are a very small team, punching above our weight and should be ecstatic about taking 6 points from a bigger side like Raith. We should know our place. It would be terribly naive to look to progress.

It`s time to stop now BB. We get your point. We are a very small team, punching above our weight and should be ashamed/ecstatic about taking 6 points from the a bigger side like Raith.

Personally I think our performances have been admirable seeing as a ginormous club like Raith are losing on aggregate 15-1 to the same teams over four games.

Personally I think our performances have been admirable seeing as a ginormous club like Raith are losing on aggregate 15-1 to the same teams over four games.

Bringing up our results against Hearts and Rangers is irrelevant and evasive, as is the charge that we think we're a 'ginormous club', We know how bad we are at present, seeing that has somehow escaped you, and wouldnt even think of taking on Hearts and Rangers with optimism after receiving recent hidings at their hands....

Is that plain enough?

PS - remind us how QOS has done against bottom of the table Livingston in your three games against them already this season?

Well, as it seems needs spelled out, the result last night meant nothing to us other than to confirm what we've known for many months. QOS just happened to be the opponents and are therefore otherwise irrelevant to our situation. I've nothing against QOS, always seemed a likeable club who lived within their means and have for the last few seasons punched above their weight - I well remember them slugging it out in the lower reaches year-in year-out with the Montrose's and East Fife's of this world. Now their fans are ecstatic about being above teams like us and Falkirk - and yes! the Alloa's and Dumbartons. AS I say, enjoy your spell in the 'big time' challenging HIbs for 3rd spot. You wont get it.

You support RAITH ROVERS you fucking nonce

You support ARBROATH you fucking haddie...

so f**k off back to the seaside league

I know I do, I know I support a diddy side, you don't seem to realise you do aswell however. The way you're giving it the billy big baws to QOTS fans is embarassing.

Wind yer neck in.

QoS are indeed, on the grand scale a pretty wee team punching above their weight. They are doing things right though and are 3rd on merit.

I rate QoS on about the same level as Ayr United, similar fanbase, stadium dated (okay not as bad as their dump)

It's easy for a raith fan to suggest we are a bigger club all round than QoS sadly, at the moment, we are a state, alienating our fans with the poor football Murray has us playing each week and with every passing game we lose more fans whom may never return.

QoS are doing great, from my limited knowledge appear to be running well as a club from top to bottom and are playing good football.

We are doing well off the park, on it we are a shambles, our board would rather survive in league playing turgid crap and taking money from fans of Sevco, Hearts, Hibs while our own, the bread and butter of the future are walking away in droves. It should surely be a balancing act, using this season as an advert to fans new and old to encourage them for the future? Nah, we won't get shot of our clueless manager and are dismal to watch. Nae wonder folk piss off to watch guys hit a bit plastic around an ice rink instead of watching us.

I used to get pissed off at our part time support who would only attend games v Pars, big cup games etc, these days they don't even attend those simply cause we are rubbish. I am now one of them, I struggle to drag myself along to watch a team whom I have followed week in week out for decades regardless of who we play.

Last night was a kind of example, we took what? 70 odd fans to Palmerston? Pathetic. Probably the least away fans for us in any competitive game for many a year.

QoS are indeed, on the grand scale a pretty wee team punching above their weight. They are doing things right though and are 3rd on merit.

I rate QoS on about the same level as Ayr United, similar fanbase, stadium dated (okay not as bad as their dump)

It's easy for a raith fan to suggest we are a bigger club all round than QoS sadly, at the moment, we are a state, alienating our fans with the poor football Murray has us playing each week and with every passing game we lose more fans whom may never return.

QoS are doing great, from my limited knowledge appear to be running well as a club from top to bottom and are playing good football.

We are doing well off the park, on it we are a shambles, our board would rather survive in league playing turgid crap and taking money from fans of Sevco, Hearts, Hibs while our own, the bread and butter of the future are walking away in droves. It should surely be a balancing act, using this season as an advert to fans new and old to encourage them for the future? Nah, we won't get shot of our clueless manager and are dismal to watch. Nae wonder folk piss off to watch guys hit a bit plastic around an ice rink instead of watching us.

I used to get pissed off at our part time support who would only attend games v Pars, big cup games etc, these days they don't even attend those simply cause we are rubbish. I am now one of them, I struggle to drag myself along to watch a team whom I have followed week in week out for decades regardless of who we play.

Last night was a kind of example, we took what? 70 odd fans to Palmerston? Pathetic. Probably the least away fans for us in any competitive game for many a year.

You could say we're punching above our weight right now, but not hugely so. It's only in currently being in front of Hibs and Falkirk that this is the case at all.

Otherwise, we're pretty much about right.

Upper middle-ish of the second tier isn't actually terribly alien territory for us you know.

Your claim that it's easy for a Raith fan to claim that his or her club is bigger than Queens all round is accurate I suppose, provided that fan is prepared to ignore plenty available evidence.

The fact we're ony 4 points behind a playoff spot is quite frankly unreal considering our performances and general doom and gloom amongst our support. I did expect a tough game against Queens but thought we might have shown a bit more oomph in our play to build on our win from the previous week against Cowden. Then again I did also say there wasn't really much from the Cowden game that suggested we had turned the corner or were really improving as a team. If we can get through the Christmas period remaining in the same position and maybe see what Murray does in January then I'll probably resign myself to accepting a mid-table finish as something of a mild success. We certainly can't allow ourselves to fall into a situation like last season where we fell down the league at a scary rate. It's going to take a catastrophic collapse with the real threat of relegation before the board will act, by which point it might be to late. For as gash as we've looked we're still sitting in a fairly comfortable position to the point where Murray won't walk and the board won't want to fork out a compo package to get rid of him. Would a new manager realistically be able to galvanise the squad enough to see a marked improvement in our peformances? We might just need to suck it up this season and see what happens but already fans are starting to walk away. We could go on a 10 game unbeaten run and then lose a game and the fans would turn on Murray again. He's lost the fan and by the looks of it the players as well.

“You can’t have any complaints because you have to take your chances when you come to places like this,” said Murray.

Chances?

“It’s difficult once you let teams go ahead because you have to push and they can hit you on the counter."

Possession was 55% - 45% in Queen's favour.

Archived