Queens v Raith

Right ^ I didnt read anything ungracious our sour grapes from Raith fans on here: we expected nothing, got nothing and weren't disappointed. What WAS ungracious was QOS comments on here about us being 'outclassed', 'should have been a cricket score', 'totally dominated' and such like shite. I also said I thought QOS looked no more than average against a poorly organised team. I stick by that. You've nothing to be euphoric about outside of acquiring three easy points - outside the big three you look the best of a mediocre league, no more.

The league table doesn't lie Big Berk. We are currently lying 3rd and actually above one of the big three as you put it having taken 4 out of a possible 6 against them. Therefore I deduce that we are actually entitled to be in a state of euphoria right now and it is in fact one of the big three that are the "best of a mediocre league".

Keep up the good work fella.....a more fitting moniker I have yet to see!

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ The very sourest of grapes.

QOS fans continue to flatter themselves. There's nothing about your club that I envy; your club will never be any more than it is now. Enjoy your moment of glory and euphoria if it means so much.

QOS fans continue to flatter themselves. There's nothing about your club that I envy; your club will never be any more than it is now. Enjoy your moment of glory and euphoria if it means so much.

You seem upset.

No sour grapes here Berky boy, just facts.

On the contrary, it seems to be the Fifers that are suffering from a bout of the green eyed monster.

Well, as it seems needs spelled out, the result last night meant nothing to us other than to confirm what we've known for many months. QOS just happened to be the opponents and are therefore otherwise irrelevant to our situation. I've nothing against QOS, always seemed a likeable club who lived within their means and have for the last few seasons punched above their weight - I well remember them slugging it out in the lower reaches year-in year-out with the Montrose's and East Fife's of this world. Now their fans are ecstatic about being above teams like us and Falkirk - and yes! the Alloa's and Dumbartons. AS I say, enjoy your spell in the 'big time' challenging HIbs for 3rd spot. You wont get it.

Oh, how foolish you appear.

Why can't you just accept that our clubs are of similar stature, but we have the upper hand right now?

Grow up and stop this nonsense about moments of glory.

FWIW, Raith Rovers have provided probably my favourite ever football memory connected to a team I don't support, back in 1994.

Don't patronize us however with the silly 'euphoria' stuff. I'd imagine you're embarrassing some of the Rovers fans with your particular brand toy throwing.

Well, as it seems needs spelled out, the result last night meant nothing to us other than to confirm what we've known for many months. QOS just happened to be the opponents and are therefore otherwise irrelevant to our situation. I've nothing against QOS, always seemed a likeable club who lived within their means and have for the last few seasons punched above their weight - I well remember them slugging it out in the lower reaches year-in year-out with the Montrose's and East Fife's of this world. Now their fans are ecstatic about being above teams like us and Falkirk - and yes! the Alloa's and Dumbartons. AS I say, enjoy your spell in the 'big time' challenging HIbs for 3rd spot. You wont get it.

You're talking like us QoS fans are an arrogant bunch. Far from it. A few seasons ago, we weren't punching above our weight, we were 'slugging it out' with the east fifes and the like. Now we, and most other fans feel we're roundabout where we should be. 4 points from 6 against hibs surely suggests we should be above them right now? We have a good squad, good young manager (so far) and things off the park are going from strength to strength. We may not get 3rd spot but with probably 2 of the big 3 being promoted this season I think we'll be enjoying the 'big time' for a few more seasons.

Why can't you just accept that our clubs are of similar stature, but we have the upper hand right now?

I've never doubted that you have the upper hand right now. But you're right, we are not clubs of similar stature. Despite league positions and status clubs like Morton, Falkirk, Dunfermline and Livingston are bigger clubs. And I'm inclined to predict that far from challenging Hibs for 3rd spot you'll be challenging Falkirk for 4th towards the end of the season.

Having just read this I now feel the need to join in. You're absolutely seething aren't you?

Ha, ha. That is a true toys out of the pram response. Keep them coming Big Berk.

I've never doubted that you have the upper hand right now. But you're right, we are not clubs of similar stature. Despite league positions and status clubs like Morton, Falkirk, Dunfermline and Livingston are bigger clubs. And I'm inclined to predict that far from challenging Hibs for 3rd spot you'll be challenging Falkirk for 4th towards the end of the season.

Gosh, that's startling.

Of course, Falkirk and Dunfermline are bigger clubs than ours. Who would pretend otherwise?

Raith Rovers however, are in the same ball park as us.

We probably will finish behind Hibs and be scrapping for a play-off place. Why you state these things as bold revelations though, I don't know.

No-one is ecstatic about being above the likes of Raith Rovers, that's expected. Queens have finished above Raith in 9 of the last 12 seasons and your run isn't likely to improve this season. Far from occasioning 'ecstasy', finishing above Raith this term would be unlikely to produce much more than a barely stifled yawn.

You're talking like us QoS fans are an arrogant bunch.

Not so. I dont think that at all, but I thought the claims of 'outclassed' 'totally dominated' and 'cricket score' as well as the general elation at beating a side as disorganised as us were worthy of comment.

Not so. I dont think that at all, but I thought the claims of 'outclassed' 'totally dominated' and 'cricket score' as well as the general elation at beating a side as disorganised as us were worthy of comment.

I was at the game and thought we did dominate for most of the game apart from a 10 minute spell when I thought you might score an equaliser. I also felt we should have scored more with a couple of real chances that really should have went in. Your recent posts, however, seem like you're trying to belittle QoS and probably trying to deflect how scared you really are of your club sliding down the table.

Alloa away was not played at Palmerston!

Edited to add: If Dumbarton were above us already when they won here last season I reckon you need to go back to Brannigan's side losing 4-1 at home to Morton in April 2011. We lost a "home " game to County after that but it was played at Stirling. Gus had us bottom of the table most of his season and we tended to beat the sides around us at the time (Ayr, Morton). Allan Johnston's only home league loss was his first game v Ross County who were already champions. Apart from Dumbarton McIntyre's home losses were one each to Dundee, Falkirk and Hamilton, all of whom were definitely above us at the time and an early season one to Raith who were at the time too.

Of course it wasn't I didn't read the question. As you were.

I don't think it is just one or two Queens fans saying that though. Certainly most reports in the newspapers this morning alude to it too.

Alan Gallacher in the Scotland on Sunday paraphrases all three of the terms you list.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/qos-2-0-raith-queens-remain-in-top-three-1-3613386

To be honest it doesn't really matter if we could have won by a more convincing margin or not. You only get the same three points.

My take was it was only really Dave McGurn that stopped this becoming one of our semi-regular 4 - 0 defeats.

For me Queens are doing everything I'm wanting Rovers to do. They seem assured in defence, Kerr seems to do a good job of controlling the middle of the park, they create chances and they have been able to integrate their youth prospects into their team alongside some experienced heads. Now layer that against all the issues we as Rovers fans have and you pretty much have a clean reversal.

I would say Queens are probably the strongest of your standard Championship teams, that's not to say they are world beaters they have a pretty good thing going on down at Palmerston.

Archived