Queens v Raith

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not absolutely certain and will try to have a look later but I think Dumbarton were above us before that game.

However if it wasnt that one then I think you will have to look back through about three managers to find it happen!

You could well be right as we had a stinker of a start to last season.

I am not absolutely certain and will try to have a look later but I think Dumbarton were above us before that game.

However if it wasnt that one then I think you will have to look back through about three managers to find it happen!

Surely Alloa away on that freezing cold midweek in December 1-0 penalty iirc.

Surely Alloa away on that freezing cold midweek in December 1-0 penalty iirc.

Alloa away was not played at Palmerston!

Edited to add: If Dumbarton were above us already when they won here last season I reckon you need to go back to Brannigan's side losing 4-1 at home to Morton in April 2011. We lost a "home " game to County after that but it was played at Stirling. Gus had us bottom of the table most of his season and we tended to beat the sides around us at the time (Ayr, Morton). Allan Johnston's only home league loss was his first game v Ross County who were already champions. Apart from Dumbarton McIntyre's home losses were one each to Dundee, Falkirk and Hamilton, all of whom were definitely above us at the time and an early season one to Raith who were at the time too.

a queens fan was having a go at the Rovers fans for having high expectations , I merely pointed out that IMO Queens looked average against a woeful Rovers team and that we have been woeful every week. Being accused of being ungracious in defeat is laughable I call how I see it , I'll tell you what I'll blow smoke up yer arse and say Queens were fantastic.

Right ^ I didnt read anything ungracious our sour grapes from Raith fans on here: we expected nothing, got nothing and weren't disappointed. What WAS ungracious was QOS comments on here about us being 'outclassed', 'should have been a cricket score', 'totally dominated' and such like shite. I also said I thought QOS looked no more than average against a poorly organised team. I stick by that. You've nothing to be euphoric about outside of acquiring three easy points - outside the big three you look the best of a mediocre league, no more.

The squad from last season, took 9 from 12 from QotS. Scoring 6 goals and conceding 4. This season we've scored 3 goals and conceded 6 in the first 2 fixtures against you, taking no points. So yes we're well within our right to be disappointed/furious at murray putting out a defensive, clueless team with no tactics against a team in which we dominated against last season

And which finished well above you.

We were better than you last season and remain so, this.

Right ^ I didnt read anything ungracious our sour grapes from Raith fans on here: we expected nothing, got nothing and weren't disappointed. What WAS ungracious was QOS comments on here about us being 'outclassed', 'should have been a cricket score', 'totally dominated' and such like shite. I also said I thought QOS looked no more than average against a poorly organised team. I stick by that. You've nothing to be euphoric about outside of acquiring three easy points - outside the big three you look the best of a mediocre league, no more.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The very sourest of grapes.

Archived