Queens v Raith

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What really gets to me is he picks the same 11 every week and at least 5 of these players make the same constant mistakes and cost us games, yet instead of changing it he rinses and repeats ... That my friends is a clueless manager.

Glad I never went. Could have amazingly got it back level of Stewart at scored instead of smashing the post. We are absolutely awful though. The defence is totally lacking.

Murray really should be on a very sticky wicket now. He won't be sacked though. Everyone knows this.

If we ignore the Hearts game we've only conceded 1 goal in 6 at home.

First time watching a Queens game on TV. It wasn't great for the neutral but had some really good play and Baird looked so much better than the horror show of last week, whereas Raith look very average. Hopefully we can put in a decent performance at Tynecastle but it's unbelievable to have such a cushion so early in the season. Maybe we can catch up on the team in second place :rolleyes:

Given we weren't playing a part-time team, this result is no real surprise.

We were abysmal across the entire pitch today. We have absolutely nothing up front, particularly from Calum Elliot, who was probably only subbed because he got injured (yet again). How many times must he stroll about contributing f**k all and throwing himself to the ground before he's dumped on the bench?

As for our defence - what an absolute clusterfuck that is. Abysmal at the first goal, capped off with Ross Perry offering Baird a free shot at goal which from which he scored. The second goal was even worse - ball into the box a few Raith players standing around ball watching. Awful. McGurn had a few good saves as well, and was probably about the only player to emerge with any credit tonight.

Once again, we're back to the root of the problem - Grant Murray. Our defence is STILL awful, our midfield continually does not supply the strikers with much and again we have scored no goals. Why does Ross Perry continue to get a game? Why didn't he sign cover at full back? Why does he continue with the same pish tactics that see us struggle to even create chances let alone score goals? It would be fair to say our subs are hardly world beaters, but give them a chance rather than persisting with the same players that continue to let us down time and time again.

I wonder how tolerant the board will continue to be with Murray, given the recent changes?

QOS are just a wee bit less shite than us

I'd say that on the evidence of this evening, we're very, very much less shite than Raith, to the extent that we're a really pretty decent side. Our performance was a long way from flawless tonight, but a lot of our football, particularly in the first half was really quite tidy. We created several clear cut chances and were only once in any trouble.

Raith do look poor just now and I can understand why their supporters are pissed off. It doesn't mean we're pretty shite too though.

Thought Higgins or Baird were the best for us tonight

I thought Kerr had a really good game.

I sometimes don't get it when people heap praise on him on here, but his neat passing and breaking forward was pivotal to many of our attacks.

It felt a lot like we needed a second, so it was a relief when it arrived to seal the points our play deserved.

Another solid and professional home performance. Our record at Palmy is tremendous this season.

Higgins, McShane and Baird were the best for me. McShane had a couple of wonderful long passes and was tracking and harrying in a fashion you'd associate with McKenna.

Neither Carmichael or Reilly were really at the races. Dan's touch let him down all night and Reilly did nothing apart from his goal, and he nearly made an arse of that!

Raith rarely threatened and it would have been done and dusted earlier if it wasn't for McGurn who continues to be an exceptional goalkeeper at this level.

Nade is a threat but if you can nullify him then Raith have nothing.

Calum Elliiot has always been terrible his performance was no surprise to me.

Raith rarely threatened and it would have been done and dusted earlier if it wasn't for McGurn who continues to be an exceptional goalkeeper at this level.

Nade is a threat but if you can nullify him then Raith have nothing.

Calum Elliiot has always been terrible his performance was no surprise to me.

We nullify Nade ourselves with our hopeless 4-5-1 setup. Otherwise youre not far off the mark.

Thought we deserved it but was concerned at the start of the second half when Rovers had a good spell. Wish we had taken one of the earlier chances and made it more comfortable but hey, it's Queens!

Brilliant double save by McGurn btw.

Archived