Queens v Raith

Another solid and professional home performance. Our record at Palmy is tremendous this season.

Higgins, McShane and Baird were the best for me. McShane had a couple of wonderful long passes and was tracking and harrying in a fashion you'd associate with McKenna.

Neither Carmichael or Reilly were really at the races. Dan's touch let him down all night and Reilly did nothing apart from his goal, and he nearly made an arse of that!

Raith rarely threatened and it would have been done and dusted earlier if it wasn't for McGurn who continues to be an exceptional goalkeeper at this level.

Nade is a threat but if you can nullify him then Raith have nothing.

Calum Elliiot has always been terrible his performance was no surprise to me.

Funny how people see things differently. That's the best game Baird's had but I thought Kerr Higgins and Reilly wee our best players. I agree with your bit about McShane he had a couple of wonderful passes.

Another 3 good points at home which gives us a bit of breathing space.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kerr was good but it wasn't an exceptional performance from him, he just did what he always does. Whereas I thought McShane had a great game. His long passes don't always come off, and his tackling used to be non-existent but he brought both to the table today.

Him and Kerr are a great partnership and I don't think there's any doubt that working alongside Kerr has upped his game to a higher level.

We just seem so poor all across the park.

We struggle to create chances, shambolic at the back and headless in midfield.

Craig Barr better be like fucking Cannavaro!

Remember that Congo international that played for us, Jules Tchimbakala? Barr could be the next one of him. Maybe he'll never kick a ball for us. Like Calum Elliot now.

Good win tonight but did,nt feel completely as ease until we scored the second. Kerr was my man of the match. Whoever gave Gavin man of the match must have been in the pub since opening time not that he was bad just wasn,t up to his usual standard.

Good win tonight but did,nt feel completely as ease until we scored the second. Kerr was my man of the match. Whoever gave Gavin man of the match must have been in the pub since opening time not that he was bad just wasn,t up to his usual standard.

Agree thot Kerr, Mcshane & Higgy were the standouts.

Kerr was my pick for man of the match tonight, he had a really good game, won tackles, broke up play and passed the ball very well. We look very strong in middle of park when Kerr and McShane are on their game. Danny seems to be just lacking a wee bit in confidence, he gave 100% again tonight but a few things just did not happen for him. Think he can rip the Brora defence to shreds next week in the cup then have the confidence to go into the Hearts and Rangers games.

Only watched 2nd half. 1st 10 was horrendous Jim Thomson stuff. 2nd 10 was quite exciting end to end.

We should have scored a couple Raith hit a post.

Last 10 we dominated. Credit to Fowler for Sub Lyle after 67 mins ...Lyle .. 1st touch wins free kick .. 2nd nearly scores with head.. 3rd lays on goal for Reilly ...McShane and Kerr totally dominated midfield in 2nd half!

I think we should send Zen as an advance party the night before every away game. Would make the match threads infinitely more interesting

Some geeks hipster student types have offered to show me how they paint the town red Stirling style, I'm tempted.

Following on as no one is sober enough to respond.

Durnan is very good at anticipating the flight of the ball.

That is why he gets on the the end of the ball in the box so often. A sort of superior Ally 'what's his face' but with a better percentage strike rate.

Ally 'fat arse' probably had a strike rate of 1 in a 100 i.e for every 100 crosses he blasted over the bar he scored 1 of them.

Durnan Scores probably 1 in 20. There you are....!

Oh and Durnan missed 2 sitters! :)

Should have been a cricket score!

I didnt see you miss any sitters, nor at any time did it look like it might be a cricket score. We were our usual ineptness, which made you look better than you are. Compared to us you looked reasonably competent but I didnt see anything about QOS to be smug about.

Things aren't going to change until Murray shown the door, we have nothing anywhere on the park ! The team doesn't look interested feel sorry for the guys that travelled down tonight to watch that sh@@e. Mr Ally Gourlay take a bow what an inspiration you are sir.

Message for the Rovers board the fans have had enough you are seeing what we see yet do nothing! Zero entertainment, brutal players, incidentally were decent Pros until Mr Murray got his hands on them.

I didnt see you miss any sitters, nor at any time did it look like it might be a cricket score.

There was a free header about six yards out that the boy fucked up and headed straight at McGurn.

We certainly never looked like losing by a 'cricket score', though. 2-0 was a fair result all things considered.

Yep... Apart from Durnan missing at the far post 2 yards out and a free header from 5 yards which he powered into the ground and into the arms of McGrun....

As I say his percentage goals per chances are probably many times better than Ally 'thingamajig who squandered more chances on a plate than any footballer alive or dead!

It wasn't by any means a walk over. (Well it was a bit!) But if our centre half had upped his percentages you would be even more distraught than you appear to be at the moment.

I can't wait to see the happy clappers defence of Murray this week.... I've had enough. I've got season ticket but seriously thinking that I won't be back until Murray is gone. Utterly joyless to watch the Rovers right now. No urgency about the players, they look totally demotivated.

McGurn no doubt kept the score down, as we've come to expect. But having a decent keeper making good saves doesnt mean the opposing team are entitled to think they should have scored more goals, as is frequently claimed. Or should we have 'played fair' and put Laidlaw on to reflect the number of shots they had?

Well...

We are absolutely gone as a 'team' that can perform with Murray in charge. He just is not good enough. There are some decemt players in the side who look lost and inept - a bad manager therefore low confidence can make any player shit.

I could analyse the defense, the midfield, the tactics, the subs, the etc .. but is everyone not just sick of it? There is no new specifics. It is the same issues week in week out and has been evident for about 12 full months now. Nothing significant will change until Murray is gone (we may pick up a win, a decent performance here or there... but the problem is deep rooted and those will simply be crack covering papers).

Murray is a stand up guy, gentlemen, top professional, and was excellent for us when we established ourselves back in the championship. But the crowds are awful, morale is shocking, results are unaccetable and unfortunately he has to lose his job. I will wish him well when he goes - but Rovers need, and despite our small shiteness, can demand a far more competent manager than him.

Archived