Heart of Midlothian v Queen of the South, 06/12/2014

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tickets are sold the way they are so that either the home or away support can be allocated more seats if necessary.

We know what the pattern is now. No club bar Rangers or Hibs will bring more than 2 sections. They can hold a few columns free on either side of the steps between K and L until closer the the game. One or both can then be used as segregation depending on demand.

It's obviously flexible and open to fit requirements.

We deserved the win but the scoreline flattered us. No surprise as QoS are a good team.

Penalty decision was a joke. It was one of those season defining moments. We had just lost a dodgy penalty, Rangers had just scored. Thankfully this team has immense character and didn't panic.

Looking good for us, particularly with Sow, Gomis, Holt, Carrick, McHattie and El Has still to come back. :)

Sam Nicholson too.

Never a 4-1 game. At 1 each, it was end to end and looked like either team could have been to next to score. It was hearts though, as they were absolutely clinical. They're without a doubt the best team I've ever seen at this level. Bauben absolutely run the show again, he's unreal.

Hearts were brilliant, Queens were actually pretty good. Might sound stupid considering the scoreline but I'm fairly confident we'll take points on Friday against rangers.

Never a 4-1 game. At 1 each, it was end to end and looked like either team could have been to next to score. It was hearts though, as they were absolutely clinical. They're without a doubt the best team I've ever seen at this level. Bauben absolutely run the show again, he's unreal.

Hearts were brilliant, Queens were actually pretty good. Might sound stupid considering the scoreline but I'm fairly confident we'll take points on Friday against rangers.

Agree with this, at 1 each we were in the ascendancy and playing with two strikers we looked a totally different team. If the Higgin's header goes in well who knows.

Lyle turned the game for us when he came on and should definitely start with Reilly on Friday.

Even though it's December I was surprised the crowd wasn't over 16,000 and pushing 16,500 today like our matches with Falkirk and Raith. We even had a bigger home turnout against the likes of Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton which is strange.

As for the atmosphere, every support and stadium in the country is the same for run of the mill league matches.

Ironically, by doing that it's hitting ourselves in the pocket, albeit very minimally.

The folk buying later getting slightly more central seats is just one of those things that can't be prevented sadly.

It could easily have been avoided on Saturday buy having that section open from the start. As I said, the stewards were telling people to just sit anywhere and they were taking cash at the turnstyle. Didnt really seem any reason to have the middle section taped off.

Its a minor complaint though. Not even a complaint, if you know what I mean.

We know what the pattern is now. No club bar Rangers or Hibs will bring more than 2 sections. They can hold a few columns free on either side of the steps between K and L until closer the the game. One or both can then be used as segregation depending on demand.

It's obviously flexible and open to fit requirements.

I do agree but it's not the policy the club will follow.

Could someone who sits up at that end please tell me

What was the story with our penalty award?

I can only presume it was given for some holding/shirt pulling before the corner was taken. I was watching the player about to take the corner, so dont really know. Our cameraman often focuses on the box waiting for the ball to come in for a corner, its possible he caught it

Tbh that was a carbon copy of our game against Brora last week. We played really well as underdogs for decent spells of the game but ultimately the class shone through near the end for the home team. Don't understand Hearts raving about Pallardo. To me he is distinctively average and not a patch on Gomis. Unfortunately for us our defensive players were uncharacteristically poor and thats what cost us. Kev the American was settling into a good game just as he got hooked and Kidd kept the ball well albeit didn't threaten much as a winger

I first came across Scott Wilson when he used to do the stadium announcing for the Scottish Claymores. He really is excellent at it.

On the game its been pretty much covered by everyone else really. Hearts are good, very good, particularly in midfield where they are so sharp. Looked like Fowler tried to address that with an extra body in Kevin Dzierzawski knowing that we couldnt match up on an equal numbers basis. Even so we got over-run in there at times first half. Still if Higgins gets any touch at all on McShane's clever free kick we take the lead. He missed it and 20 seconds later Hearts are 1-0 up with a bit of a "worldy". They were certainly worth their lead though.

The ref got the stramash before half time all wrong. Poor challenge on Russell. Cant believe he didnt get a card for it. Russell then reacts. Might have got red but for me he more barged the boy over than raised his hands. Then everyone else gets involved during which time Buaban apparently struck Higgins but the officials missed it but didnt miss Higgins reaction which got him booked. To top it all we inexplicably restarted play with a Hearts free kick when the ball had been out of play for a throw before it all kicked off!

Didnt get a good enough view of the Hearts penalty to give an opinion. Ours looked a foul but a foot or so outside the box for me. I was appealing for a free kick.

If we had got the lead from the header (was it Higgy? I thought it was Dowie) then who knows. Instead Wilson got lucky at the other end and Hearts ran out comfortable winners after that. No complaints about the result at all. We did well at times but the better team won. Margin maybe slightly flattered them but not as much as 3-0 at Palmerston did. Othrr results were decent for us so not a bad day all in.

SD, Not sure I agree with the you about the "stramash". From where I was sitting the ball didn't go out of play because Russell was on the line when it struck him and that kept it in play. As far as I can remember the linesman didn't put his flag up (at least not immediately). Rather than play on (Russell had his back to the linesman) Russell decided it was a throw-in and stopped playing - he could have ran off up the park with the ball! At least that's the way I saw it.

I've very rarely seen that Higgins be anything other than raging.

Best thing Aaron Muirhead has done in football is sticking the nut on him.

And he didn't do that very well either, hardly drew any blood at all. That could be the highlight of his career, he could be back on the bricklaying tools shortly the way things are going for him at Partick.

I can only presume it was given for some holding/shirt pulling before the corner was taken. I was watching the player about to take the corner, so dont really know. Our cameraman often focuses on the box waiting for the ball to come in for a corner, its possible he caught it

Any chance of posting your camera person's footage when it's available, please? :)

SD, Not sure I agree with the you about the "stramash". From where I was sitting the ball didn't go out of play because Russell was on the line when it struck him and that kept it in play. As far as I can remember the linesman didn't put his flag up (at least not immediately). Rather than play on (Russell had his back to the linesman) Russell decided it was a throw-in and stopped playing - he could have ran off up the park with the ball! At least that's the way I saw it.

That's exactly how I also saw it.

Archived