Heart of Midlothian v Queen of the South, 06/12/2014

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a terrible day today when we look at the big picture. Hopefully we gave another good account of ourselves. With the scum winning, it made sure Hearts kept their lead. From our point of view, Hibs got beat which kept our 3 point lead over them intact and 5th spot are still 5 points away from us; which doesn't really bother me as Falkirk are gash this year and we'll take 4th spot. It would be a really good achievement to finish above Hibs though.

Here's hoping the next time these teams meet Hearts are still unbeaten and we are at least 3rd still!

Actually enjoyed that despite scoreline which flattered Hearts in the end.

First half was pretty even. First 20 of second we dominated. Did we hit bar? One was cleared off the line. Great save by keeper from powerful header.

Hearts were very dangerous on the break and they caught us as we continued to push forward.

McShane is continuing to develop into a very decent midfielder at this level. Beanie had his best game for some time.

Hearts are the best team in the league and I expect them to press on and take the title whether their nearest challengers survive or not.

Goal comes within a minute of us hitting the bar. Sounds like we've been a bit unfortunate today.

The score maybe flatters Hearts a little bit, but we deserved the win.

Queen of the South were certainly one of the best teams to visit Tynecastle this season based on todays show. Good build up play at times but the final pass or shot often let them down.

Cracking openner from Keatings. I hope the camera guy didn't miss it.

Bit harsh on QOTS although we probably deserved to win just not 4-1.

Congratulations to the Ref and linesman for awarding a penalty for a foul at least 5 yards outside the box. If I made as many mistakes as Scottish officials do week in week out I'd get sacked.

We deserved the win but the scoreline flattered us. No surprise as QoS are a good team.

Penalty decision was a joke. It was one of those season defining moments. We had just lost a dodgy penalty, Rangers had just scored. Thankfully this team has immense character and didn't panic.

Looking good for us, particularly with Sow, Gomis, Holt, Carrick, McHattie and El Has still to come back. :)

Too easy in the end, though it took 3 cracking goals to make sure of it.

Even at 1-1 I thought we looked a threat, most frustrating thing at Tynecastle at the moment is being 2-1 and strolling it with slow build-up play and having some fud behind you screaming for them to launch it up the pitch.

Most I've enjoyed a game in ages in terms of entertainment, spoiled only a wee bit by having to witness the shocking behaviour from the away support, a few parents around me were saying they'll never take their child back to a Hearts/Queens game again.

Archived