Heart of Midlothian v Queen of the South, 06/12/2014

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if hearts fan are on the wind up here, I was seated in section closest to main stand and certainly no nonsense from that side barring a tiny bit of banter. Saw the smoke bomb after our goal but didn't hear any sectarian stuff. If so it's not on and if it's the young team I think people need to start taking them aside. We are a great little club that has a core following that behave impeccably.

The game was what I expected tbh, us to sit back soak it up lose a goal change our system and come into it more. Mcshane was absolutely outstanding today best player on the park IMO but please talk him off free kicks. All in all enjoyable day out and well done to hearts who weren't at their best but still ran out comfy winners.

Too easy in the end, though it took 3 cracking goals to make sure of it.

spoiled only a wee bit by having to witness the shocking behaviour from the away support, a few parents around me were saying they'll never take their child back to a Hearts/Queens game again.

Wind up? A few over exuberant fans gesture towards Hearts fans after Bauben misses pen. One fan ejected.

Queens pen may have been outside as McShane was tripped as he burst into penalty area. Need to see again. Can understand why ref. made decision in split second.

Hearts pen was soft. Defender adjudged to hold attacker at corner! When does that not happen?

Comfortable today bar a ten minute spell either side of Queen's equaliser. If the Prince had scored his penalty it could have been anything. He'll definitely be off them now but nonetheless it was great to see him make up for it later in the game. Similarly, the team took the game by the scruff of the neck when we needed to.

Miguel Pallardo is an absolute player and we are lucky to have him. The same goes for Neil Alexander: the second best keeper in the country behind Craig Gordon without a doubt. Oh, and take a bow James Keatings.

:)

Better team won in the end, queens pen was out the box and I'm not sure it was a foul. I didn't see ours but it sounds like one that could be given each week.

Ref was pretty poor both ways, both teams came to play football but Hearts are a lot better in forward areas.

Not sure about Alexander, not a terrible keeper but wouldn't be sad to see an improvement on him.

Pallardo is a class act and a season of football would in my view potentially make him one of if not the best player in Scotland.

Not sure about Alexander, not a terrible keeper but wouldn't be sad to see an improvement on him.

Pallardo is a class act and a season of football would in my view potentially make him one of if not the best player in Scotland.

Hmmmmmm maybe need a sit down and take your tablets looks a tidy player though.

We were quite poor even though we won 4-1. Think the game would have been over if the Prince had of scored the pen.

Like that Ian McShane boy for Queens. Good player.

I thought that too....some nice touches.

Think everyone in Gorgie will be a QoS fan for the next week. Judging by the reports from Glasgow today, there is every chance they will pump them.

:thumsup2

Ain't that the truth! I hope Queens go on to finish 2nd in the league (long shot I know but The Rangers are utter gash!) so it's less stress for them in the play offs, and they come up with us.

19 points in front of the wee team, if we win next week and they lose, we'll be exactly double their points tally :lol:

Ain't that the truth! I hope Queens go on to finish 2nd in the league (long shot I know but The Rangers are utter gash!) so it's less stress for them in the play offs, and they come up with us.

Steady, it's nice too see Queens up the table challenging with the bigger teams, but would you honestly prefer games against Queen of the South than against Hibs or Rangers next season?

Hmmmmmm maybe need a sit down and take your tablets looks a tidy player though.

Remember the guys' only played about 4 games and hasn't had a pre-season. Once he is fully up to speed and integrated he will be a class act.

4-1 probably flattered Hearts but there is no doubt they are the best team in the league by a distance and will win it comfortably. Not sure about our tactics today, we seemed to have one up front in the first half and it didn't really work. We went to our normal 442 after half time and had our best spell, but when we went down 2-1 switched to 433, unless Lyle was mean to be playing midfield. Russell looked our most dangerous player throughout, and McShane had a good game (aside from some less than brilliant set pieces...). We never stopped trying to play football,ie keeping it on the deck and lots of quick short passes, although sort of ran of ideas once we got near the goal.

Next up Rangers, pity it's my works Xmas night out.........

Calm down. He looks a good player and great addition to the squad but I think it's miles too early to be touting him as the best player in Scotland.

Ref was a shambles for both sides. Queens penalty was so far out of the box it's not even funny but our pen looked soft as well.

Enjoyed the game.

Remember the guys' only played about 4 games and hasn't had a pre-season. Once he is fully up to speed and integrated he will be a class act.

Exactly! How can you say that he is potentially one of the best, or the best player in the country based on 4 games? Ludicrous! He looks good, but that is a bit OTT....

Steady, it's nice too see Queens up the table challenging with the bigger teams, but would you honestly prefer games against Queen of the South than against Hibs or Rangers next season?

It's a good point mate, and in truth, I'd rather we had derby matches every season and Hibs come up really, but I can honestly put my hand on my heart and say that I'd rather play QoS every week than suffer the shite that comes from either of the bigot brothers.

Like I said on another thread:

The scoreline did not flatter us at all today. Queen's got a reaction after half-time and a boost from their equaliser but we utterly bossed the majority of the game.

Queen's are a decent side though and I'd be very surprised if they don't make the play-offs. I also think they'll be a top flight side at some point over the next few years.

Archived