Heart of Midlothian v Queen of the South, 06/12/2014

Don't know if the hearts result today will help or hinder us. Will they be looking to bounce back or will their confidence take a hit

I don't think todays match will affect confidence.

You can't lose a man against Celtic inside 10 minutes and expect to avoid a bit of a doing. Especially when the doing includes a farcical penalty decision.

Will definitely miss Gomis next weekend. However hopefully we will have Wilson and Sow back in the team.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan Carmichael needs to work on his final ball.Gets into great positions but never seems to find a Queens player.

When was the last time he scored for Queens it must be well over a year.

After saying all that I would still keep him in the team just get Fowler to help him with his final ball.

Drop our standards as we did in the 1st half against Brora and we'll get a doing, be positive and play as we did in the 1st half away to *an*ers and we might just nick a point. For any chance of an away win we would have to be right on top of our game from the start and hope Hearts have a cup exit hangover. Unfortunately I think their cup exit will only spur them on even more in the Championship, possibly bad for us next Saturday but overall good if you don't want a certain Weegie team to win it.

Dan Carmichael needs to work on his final ball.Gets into great positions but never seems to find a Queens player. When was the last time he scored for Queens it must be well over a year. After saying all that I would still keep him in the team just get Fowler to help him with his final ball.

His last goal was in the infamous 5-1 home win over Arbroath when we were 1-0 down and a man down at half time! 5th January 2013. Three days earlier he scored twice at Ayr United in another 5-1 win. Hasn't scored in 23 months since.

That said, he's not really ever been a major scorer at this level and he didn't start all that many games last season. It's not like his lack of goals is a major change.

Maybes Danny's not selfish enough, I've seen him in good positions to have a pop but he decides to lay it off to a team-mate. On the other hand I also recall a few games back at home where he almost tied his legs in a knot as he miskicked right in front of an open goal. McShane is another who should be more confident of having a go. A couple of times during the recent home game V Raith he was in a good shooting position yet decided to pass it out wide. I do think we have a tendency at times to do too much in front of goal instead of getting in a shot.

Now that that Celtic tie is out of the way, we can finally focus on a really important game.

Gomis will be a huge miss, but Pallardo, Holt, Buaben, and Robinson all did ok today, so we have decent options on midfield.

We've been told that Wilson and Sow were targeting the QOS game for a return, but I think it might come too soon for them - pure mad mental Brad McKay has looked solid at centre half in recent games, so will probably start.

Hopefully Nicholson and El Hass recover from the knocks that kept them out today, and Carrick must be close to returning.

We could use a win here.

Early days, but something like:

Alexander

Paterson - Ozturk - McKay - Eckersley

King - Buaben - Pallardo - Holt - Walker

Keatings

Subs: Hamilton, McGhee, Robinson, Nicholson, El Hass, Buchanan, Gordon.

We have nothing to lose in this game anything is a bonus so I just hope we have a go at them. If we can get the first goal well who knows what will happen. After yesterdays result it may just put some doubt in their minds. If we lose then the weegies are less likely to win the league.

We've missed Bauben the last few games. His box to box energy really sparks the whole team. I think King has been pretty ineffectual recently as well. Need Nicholson back for some competition out wide.

Buchanan looked sharp coming on yesterday and was unlucky with his shot wide. Hoping he gets more game time.

After 2 consecutive weeks of playing the Glasgow mutants

You would think that one of the few consolations of being relegated would be having a spell without those two. Turns out we have to play them in 6 matches.

Wilson should be back for this, with Sow now out until around Christmas. Been a bit unfortunate with injuries to strikers this term.

When have we not been unfortunate with injuries? Especially to forwards and strikers.

Sow won't play more than half of our remaining matches. Nap.

Archived