Livi Deducted points

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think while the club has to be punished and it should be more than just a token punishment, more needs to be done to keep people like Rankine and Nixon out of Scottish football. If it's not us then it's going to be some other club that these guys go to.

What measures, specifically, should be in place to prevent Livingston's shareholders voluntarily handing over control of their management to muppets like the above? I don't recall Livingston fans actually campaigning against any of these figures joining the club at the time - indeed, the long-standing thread suggests that pretty much the only person to do so, MCL, was once again shouted down. You appear to have done absolutely f**k all either to remove these people from their position, if they were such a terrible blight who need to be kept out of the game entirely.

You'd think by now that Livingston's fanbase would have learnt a degree of basic responsibility for fixing their clown-car setup, but no: an exercise in self-pity and crocodile tears is the template response whenever their club (or indeed any other Scottish football club) makes a rip-roaring c**t of it.

What measures, specifically, should be in place to prevent Livingston's shareholders voluntarily handing over control of their management to muppets like the above? I don't recall Livingston fans actually campaigning against any of these figures joining the club at the time - indeed, the long-standing thread suggests that pretty much the only person to do so, MCL, was once again shouted down. You appear to have done absolutely f**k all either to remove these people from their position, if they were such a terrible blight who need to be kept out of the game entirely.

You'd think by now that Livingston's fanbase would have learnt a degree of basic responsibility for fixing their clown-car setup, but no: an exercise in self-pity and crocodile tears is the template response whenever their club (or indeed any other Scottish football club) makes a rip-roaring c**t of it.

If I knew what specific measures would work best then I'd like to think that someone would be paying me to implement them. It's still obvious that something needs to be done. My post wasn't just about Livingston, it was about Scottish football as a whole. I've also said before about cutting our cloth accordingly because we don't have the interest in the area to sustain a club at this level.

It's hardly an exercise in self-pity, the first line of the post you quoted said we should be punished for that's going on but we need to look further than that. Neil Rankine has been involved at three different SPFL clubs and he's not exactly came out looking good at any of them. The governing bodies need to step in at some point because they have a much bigger clout than a group of fans that meet once a week in a pub somewhere.

It'd be a break with tradition if Scottish football wasn't run by utter roasters who allow club owners free reign to dream up all sorts of crackpot schemes.

Old yins; was there ever a time when this was not so?

Meight, you support Inverness, who along with Livingston, Airdrie United and Rangers form Scotland's answer to Milton Keynes Dons.

We live within our means m8, and we didn't relocate.

#unlucks #awkies #sozzles #cheekynandos

If I knew what specific measures would work best then I'd like to think that someone would be paying me to implement them. It's still obvious that something needs to be done. My post wasn't just about Livingston, it was about Scottish football as a whole. I've also said before about cutting our cloth accordingly because we don't have the interest in the area to sustain a club at this level.

It's hardly an exercise in self-pity, the first line of the post you quoted said we should be punished for that's going on but we need to look further than that. Neil Rankine has been involved at three different SPFL clubs and he's not exactly came out looking good at any of them. The governing bodies need to step in at some point because they have a much bigger clout than a group of fans that meet once a week in a pub somewhere.

What do you propose that the football authorities should do to prevent absolute chancers from buying over football clubs? It usually only comes out that they are chancers when things go tits up - normally at the start people are positive about them being involved. It's very difficult for football governing bodies to determine in advance whether someone is going to be a good owner or otherwise.

It usually only becomes apparent when things go tits up because people are so positive.

Like I said before I don't know exactly what to do but these peoples who come in don't become bad business men over night.

Yes the constant sell outs and millions raised by the fans sure showed a club needing put out of it's misery.

You barely fill a section of whatever the f**k you're calling that ikea flat pack stadium this week :lol:

Very Sevco esque attitude tbh.

#crowdwank#debtcheats#adminscum#minisevco

If Livi are as skint as it is made out to be on here will they see out the season. A fine of £10.000 plus owing the tax man on the unpaid bonuses, which could be anything from £6000 to £8000 will they generate sufficient income to limp on to the end of the season. Can't see the SPFL bailing them considering they have just hit them for £10,000 ( I assume there is deadline for this to be paid?) Maybe some rich benefactor will come in and buy over the club. Answers are needed soon.

If Livi are as skint as it is made out to be on here will they see out the season. A fine of £10.000 plus owing the tax man on the unpaid bonuses, which could be anything from £6000 to £8000 will they generate sufficient income to limp on to the end of the season. Can't see the SPFL bailing them considering they have just hit them for £10,000 ( I assume there is deadline for this to be paid?) Maybe some rich benefactor will come in and buy over the club. Answers are needed soon.

Spfl will take the 10k off the petrofact final money due to Livi

They should just go tits-up !!

They can then buy absolutely everything, except the debt, for a pound and could find themselves in the Premiership should the resulting vote go their way !!

I'd still take Rankine over Massone without a moment's hesitation, so I can't fault the Livi fans for that one. But yes, they remain a very passive support and have shown no signs of taking any sort of positive action to avoid leaving their club at the mercy of chancers.

(Compare and contrast with Dundee, who - having been battered around from one guiser to the next over a period of years - got their arses into gear, campaigned, fund-raised and finally got a majority shareholding in their club. And promptly sold it again to raise a bit more cash for the next promotion charge. Takes all sorts.)

Very Sevco esque attitude tbh.

#crowdwank#debtcheats#adminscum#minisevco

Hearts own the Sevco.

We were also the first club to tell them where to go so away and try to fit that in with your shan "cousins" chat. 8)

They should just go tits-up !!

They can then buy absolutely everything, except the debt, for a pound and could find themselves in the Premiership should the resulting vote go their way !!

As morally wrong as it would be, the seethe from the Sevco fans would be outstanding if Livi set up a Newco and were voted into the Championship to pick up where the Oldco left off.

Debt free and Scotlands model club. m8. 8)

Hmm, have to say clubs like your Alloa's, Sons and Cowden's are Scotland's model clubs, we are where we are without having to spend what we don't have.

Clubs like yourself's (once you get back to the top flight) will be back in debt chasing the impossible dream.

Archived